1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amick] Paul George "hellbent" on Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Feb 23, 2017.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I would expect Houston to target PG after there eventual fall to the Warriors in the WCF.

If George truly wants to win then Houston has to be extremely attractive to him.

2. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

that's the thing, he doesn't want to win. he wants to go to LA.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Does LA want to pay this guy the max? They've got Kyle Kuzma now.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Players have lots of other factors to consider other than winning, especially players in their prime. Otherwise, everybody would lineup to sign with the Warriors. And look what kind of sneer Durant got when he did just that.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Kuzma is a 4

Spacemoth likes this.
  6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I feel like every time a player is "hellbent" on going to the Lakers it's usually just a fabrication by the LA-biased media.

BigShasta likes this.
  7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Larry Bird believed PG could play the 4.

If Kuzma actually goes next level and becomes a star, he and PG would be a dynamic tandem of bookend forwards who could guard and score from every position.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, even though i wonder how they would deal with Ingram since he's clearly a 3 (4 in small ball) going forward, wouldn't be shocked to see PG at the 2 if he goes there.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The logic trail here presumes to defend Durant because going to the Warriors would've been the only way to win. False, I say!

10. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

apparently PG was a Clippers fan growing up and was a fan of Kobe. How do we know he won't try to join the Clippers instead? If DAJ opt out, they can make room for PG. Anywho Thunder has been playing much better but from his answers, it sounds like he's ready to bolt

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

LOL, maybe next gen NBA teams will have 3 guys with length that are versatile on offense and can slide between 2-4 on defense.

Vivi likes this.
  12. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

DD why do you have two accounts? I recall this signature on this account previously.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wasn't trying to defend Durant. Just saying that winning isn't everything when a player considers signing with a team. If winning was everything, Durant's signing with the best team was the most logical decision. Sure he could sign with another team and still win, but the chances would be much diminished.

We despise players forming superteams unless the superteam is OUR team. Personally, I think that's hypocrisy. But sports fan psychology is a complicated thing. Sometimes we think players joining a team to win is honorable. Sometimes we think it's despicable.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dont think Rox can afford to pay him unless OKC is willing to do a snr and get Anderson. Just by paying either Capela or Cp3 the Rox will already be capped out.

15. tmacfor35

They got bird rights for both players.

They can afford to sign PG3 before both.

Preferably I may try and sign George and DJ on a friendly deal and CP3 after.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think Rox capspace is only around 19M if they renounce everybody who can be renounced.

I'm not a cap expert but I dont think the rox can fit 2 max players and a near max in Capela before they hit lux tax.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Are u taking into account CP3’s enormous cap hold?

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Chris will have to sign early and for less money this summer to make us able to sign a max like PG, even assuming we can dump Ryan for no incoming salary which is not exactly a given...that's another reason why i see way more easy to get Lebron, he's in touch with Chris and they would probably agree early together how much money they would take, i don't really see us being able to involve PG in something similar...

I also wonder if Ariza can be renounced and than signed with the no bird rights to a similar or slightly higher salary to his current one...assuming that's possible, that would also help us a lot.

19. tmacfor35

I am taking in to account CP3 coming off the books after this season and resigning for bird rights.

Bird Rights will allow us to get smashed by the luxury tax.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

CP3 doesn’t come off the books tho, we’re still gonna have his cap hold which is over 35 mil...if u renounce that cap hold to get that money off our books then u lose his Bird Rights and ability to go over the cap to re-sign him