1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amick: Dantoni felt disrespected by organization, chose to quit on plane

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Sep 15, 2020.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Put Westbrook on the market and see what we get for him.
    Trading our big man for a wing like Covington was not a bad move. He has been great!
    Trading Capella for a wing and not getting a big man that could replace Capella as well was the issue but hey if you have Westbrook who can't shoot then what else do you do. Not like big men who can shoot 3's were just there and available.
    Trade Westbrook for a pg that can hit the three and actually control the ball... we might actually get a Center again!

fckbandwagons and D-rock like this.
  2. hakeemthagreat

Some of you don't learn smh. Smallball needs to die. It was a failure. Moreyball is even worse. Trading WB doesn't change the fact our whole system is fools gold and a complete gimmick. The Rockets aren't even attempting to win championships at this point, they're just trying 2 stay competitive enough to appease idiot fans

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  3. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Says he will pay LT for a team with a legit chance to win championship; furious when non-LT team doesn't win championship. Hmmmmmm

D-rock, MarioKissoDeath and J Sizzle like this.
  4. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

See Knicks but broke.

BigShasta likes this.
  5. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You’re starting to get it. And what round do you need to get to before the finals? How often do teams get there? And so on.

That’s how you can tell how mediocre (or not) a team has been compared to other teams in the league.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exercise!

If we somehow magically traded Eric Gordon for Draymond Green, would we still be smallball in your eyes?

If so,

Russell Westbrook
    James Harden
    Robert Covington
    PJ Tucker
    Draymond Green

with our 2018 switching schemes, along with a healthy Westbrook and a flexible forward like Draymond adding some wrinkles to our offense, along with Harden’s absurd isolation PPP, would be (according to you) a gimmick that needs to die?

That, my friend, is where we differ and where I find your “analysis“ most casual. Reminds me of the guys that were saying we couldn’t win a ring with Clint after he disappeared against GSW. Of course that isn’t true, but you need the correct personnel to execute the strategy.

Should the Nuggets and Blazers gimmicks be scrapped after they get equally demolished by LA? (Without all the House drama and an injured Russ?)

fckbandwagons and HP3 like this.
  7. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I recall there being a lot of discussion on here about Ariza leaving because the rockets wouldn’t pay him more than X amount. I’ll have to look into it, but I’m pretty sure that it’s out there. I did see something about the Rockets not being able to offer more than 5-6 million.

If Ariza was in fact just ready to leave, then I retract my criticism of Tillman in that instance. That Ariza loss was huge IMO since as CP put it, he was the glue guy. I think the team performs much better had they just kept him somehow.

eliefor3 likes this.
  8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I felt disrespected by MDAs 7 man rotations...
    and even more so when he said that people who complain about his short rotations "dont know what they're talking about..." (that was right before the meltdown game against SAS)

I'm sure MDA has left a litany of disrespected players in his wake... Trez, Faried, etc...

So glad that arrogant fraud is gone!

forchette49 likes this.
  9. kjayp

I'm like 99% sure it was reported that we told Ariza he would not be returning at the end of the season... we had no desire to bring him back - period... he was the chosen scapegoat for the 4th qtr collapse against GSW...

D-rock likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

11. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

No debating that. He was a better covington in my opinion.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Playing a non shooter with Westbrook would be more stupid. Our bed was made when we got Westbrook.

RudyTBag, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Personality-wise, Tilman Fertitta is probably the worst NBA owner next to Sterling and Dolan.

I wonder if Morey will one day gets fed up and quit. That might be what Tilman wants to get out of his contract.

D-rock, kjayp and HP3 like this.
  14. kjayp

I'd bet Tilman would love to see Morey quit - so he can put his son or whoever in the role...

but he prob knows how much the fan base overwhelmingly thinks highly of Morey... wouldnt want to appear to cave to China... and most importantly - he doesnt want to payout that contract!

yep... Tilman sucks... smh...

D-rock and Easy like this.
  15. kjayp

Heres the article about Ariza being told he prob wouldnt be returning...
    Trevor Ariza says Rockets GM Daryl Morey told him Houston wasn’t going to re-sign him
    https://clutchpoints.com/rockets-ne...-told-him-houston-wasnt-going-to-re-sign-him/

funny part is both the "Ariza was told he wasnt going to be re-signed" and the "He turned down a meeting with the Rockets" came out only 2 days apart... lol

#255 kjayp, Sep 21, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    D-rock, HP3 and ParaSolid like this.
  16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We still haven’t interviewed one person?

17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Had some quotes from Adam Spolane too. That’s how I remembered that episode, that the Rockets didn’t want to spend on Ariza. He was more than his production - a championship player who had good relationships w Harden and CP3 and kept the team together.

D-rock and kjayp like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

No I believed you about that. I was gonna talk about Dantoni but that really doesnt matter anymore lol.

D-rock and kjayp like this.
  19. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Will MDA feel disrespected by the 76ers now?

pippendagimp likes this.
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It's not too late for Tilly to call up Mike and apologize...

D-rock likes this.