1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

American Idol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tharges, Jan 17, 2013.

1. tharges

tharges Member

Anybody watching this train wreck? I missed the first night but the commentary that comes out of Nikki and Mariah to the potential singers is horrible. Everyones a star, should be selling albums, its a joke. Mariah is an emotional wreck crying, the facial expressions. Nikki flirting with every guy and you can tell really struggles to have any good commentary on a singers talent or lack there of and just comes across clueless.

2. cardpire

cardpire Member

I watched. You forgot to throw in that Keith Urban is a bore and says nothing.

That weird chick Kez Ban sang probably the 1st quality original song that i've ever heard somebody sing on any of these shows.

3. SK34

SK34 Member

Nikki is making the show unwatchable with her commentary. That dude Lazzaro story was nice. The guy who stutters whenever he talks but when he sings.. his voice doesn't stutter. I don't know how but thats Gods Gift. God takes away something and gives you something way way better.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Interesting that American Idol is still going strong.

I lost interest after like the second season because I thought it was the same thing over and over again. Honest question, how many actual stars did this show produce... I only know of Kelly Clarkson and that Chris dude.

5. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Caught the first night just to see and marvel how it's still somehow going...they did that one girl wrong when Randy showed up to her bar and personally gave her a number for the auditions then turned her down when she sang in front of the panel...wtf can you not do your homework first and see if she can actually sing?

Voice is a better show, though in either case the only thing worth watching is the auditions.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not to be overly cynical...but I would much rather be able to talk fluently than sing fluently...

7. ptR91

ptR91 Member

Carrie Underwood! Nice to look at. :)

I record this show so I can fast forward all the sob stories, and extra crap they do, like the nicki and mariah fake feud. and its like 1 hr and 30 mins of crap, 30 mins of singers.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I watched some tonight and I thought Nikki was pretty funny -- definitely the 'star' of the show.

9. 713

713 Member

x factor and the voice is way better.

10. SK34

SK34 Member

that true but you can look at it either way. As you can see, Music was his life.. I don't know I was just trying to look at it in a positive way.

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I can't express in words how much I hate Nikki minaj.

1 person likes this.
  12. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

Actually, it's quite a list.

Kelly Clarkson
    Carrie Underwood
    Adam Lambert
    Kelly Pickler
    Chris Daughtry
    Phillip Phillips
    David Cook
    Jennifer Hudson
    Elliot Yamin
    Fantasia
    Jordin Sparks
    Katharine McPhee

13. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

I think the only "successful" winners of the show has been Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.

14. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

How can nicki minaj spot talent or good music when she's just a industry puppet who spews crap

15. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I found Nikki annoying at first but she may be the most interesting one to listen to on the panel imo. She obviously has the stronger personality of the bunch and is the comic relief. Take her away and I think it would be totally boring with the remaining panel.

17. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I'm with you. I can't stand her. She's also a terrible rapper.

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Chris Daughtry had pretty massive success. Adam Lambert is still up in the air, has had a couple of singles and might have decent success. Jennifer Hudson has been very successful in the theater/acting world + commercials and all. Phillip Phillips has had a lot of success with his 1st single after winning last year. Kellie Pickler has had moderate success as a country artist

20. AB423

AB423 Member

X Factor sucks... They need to get rid of that *** pig Kardashian

And god damn... is Mariah Carey pregnant? She looks chunky.