1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

American Family Association's Bryan Fischer: Children Of Same-Sex Couples Must Be Sav

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by emcitymisfit, Aug 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

What he is advocating here is illegal. No company will want to associate with this organization now after a ludicrous statement like that.

2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I don't agree with his methods, but I have a MAJOR problem with allowing same-sex couples to adopt. That would be a totally warped environment for a child to grow up in -- a strong family is a key to a child's development. It's not fair to the child.

3. RedRedemption

There is not enough evidence to suggest that same-sex couples are a hindrance to a child's development. Also, I'd argue that it's better for a kid to have parents of any sort rather than spend their entire childhood in an orphanage.

4. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

You were probably raised in a home with a mother and father, correct? Yet, look at how you turned out? Narcissist? Check. Delusional? Quite often. Sexually conflicted? Signs point to definitely. Besides, aren't you the one who was admiring RM95's profile on Match.com several years ago? Help us to understand your self-loathing.

1 person likes this.
  5. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Sorry, thunderstorms are not a turn on for me.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So flattered you remember that. And it's weird since it is a turn on for your mom.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Do you have any hard studies to support your conclusions or is this another one of those "I trust my gut" G.W. Bush cases of logic?

8. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jesus man, it's 2012.

9. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/14LUuMpMhio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

One may compare to---

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W6WGK3ch_v4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

So what if the child doesn't have a family, or the biological parents don't even want the kid?

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

What do you mean?

I'm pretty sure a stable two parent home is preferable to a stable one parent home.

I find myself left leaning these days but I'd rather support policies that encourages 2 patent homes rather than programs that enable single parents (if it's a zero sum question).

Society is slowly pulling itself apart on this problem

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I think he was agreeing. Threw me off as well though at first.

14. RedRedemption

From his previous posts in the other Christianity/Homosexual thread, I think he's supporting what I said.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes: I know they might rape the kid or convert the kid.

Broken homes with abusive parents are much better and not warped.

Actually what I think is more warped is creating a fake internet personality for attention. Just my opinion.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Gotcha. Sorry for unleashing the tangent on SC1211 then.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yeah, if they are serious about their concern for the children, then how about they start to help reform and fund the adoption system.

It's sickening when people pretend to care for the children, and in reality they are willing to let those kids live in horrible circumstances at the mercy of an unorganized and underfunded adoption system all to suit their own individual personal religious beliefs.

Let's see how this guy would react if someone tried to save his children from learning extremist ideology.

18. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

False comparison, and intellectually weak argument. One would never knowingly place a child into a 'broken home with abusive parents.' The decision point we are talking about here is placing a child without a home into a 'family' with a same sex couple, or choosing to wait for a traditional family to place them with.

And for those with the faux outrage over funding orphanages -- who do you think funds orphanages and homes for children with no parents? Atheists and welfare recipients (Democrats)? Or Churches and Tax Payers (Republicans)? oops

19. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

honest question, do kids for adoption actually get asked if they want to go to the family?