1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amen Thompson tank thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OremLK, Apr 19, 2023.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We're going to have to play reverse psychology game. Can't show our cards yet. If we slober over Amen some dog **** ass team will scoop him up

rfrocket likes this.
  2. Denovo

Denovo Member

Nope when playoff time comes it’ll be a major problem.

He’s a gamble no doubt.

3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Quick decision maker.

at this point I hope Ime is explorative and stat Anen at the 1 and kpj at the 3

CarlosGM likes this.
  4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Did one of the Thompson twins kick your dog or something? Your takes on this one are pretty outlandish dude. Wildly, wildly against the consensus of professional analysts.

carl_herrera likes this.
  5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Quick decision maker.

at this point I hope Ime is explorative and stat Anen at the 1 and kpj at the 3

6. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Yeah, his jumper needs work, but he definitely has an all-around talent for sure. Ime worked with Marcus Smart who had no jumper, the kid is a 6'7 athletic freak PG with a 2-1 Assist turnover ratio, defensive potential, and good handles.

Not Wemby, but he could turn out to be an excellent player.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Who gives af. As if these analysts don’t get busts every single year. When folks use this as a reference it means they don’t have a clue on looking at these players on there own and have to read something online to base their opinion. Nah both the brothers are trash. Whatever team gets them will be disappointed. If it’s houston we’ll it’s fitting

8. Pete Coldcut

Pete Coldcut Member

The jumper is broken top to bottom. Just gross.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

the only thing that intrigues me about him is his athleticism, and if his jumper wasn’t utter garbage, a 6’7 PG is appealing

but I’m tired of betting on all these athletes with no jumper…he’s got an embarrassing looking jumper for a NBA PG

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Hope he falls to us at 4

rfrocket and i3artow i3aller like this.
  11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Shooting, just to be clear, is one of the most fixable skills. Lots of players have come into the league with a broken shot and ended up learning to shoot. It is much harder to teach court vision, decisionmaking, feel for the game, and of course it's actually impossible to teach the kind of freak physical tools we're talking about here.

Now, if we were talking about a kid where I didn't think he wanted to work and didn't think he was determined to be great, I would be more skeptical. But all reports on the Thompson twins is that they are incredibly hard workers who are not satisfied just making it into the NBA. They will put in the effort.

Vudu, Y2JT, BMoney and 8 others like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

That’s all he has going for him. And playing in a trash pick up game league makes him look better than he really is. I couldn’t careless if he super athletic. The league is full of athletes. Athletes without basketball skills and high iq easily get exposed once they step foot in the league. I agree. That’s why I’m sick of seeing players like him being lauded as some huge talent. It’s fake news

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

See, this is where I know you haven't actually been studying these kids. Go to the tape. Amen Thompson has very high basketball IQ and feel for the game, great passing skills, finishing skills around the rim, and solid ballhandling skills. (Not elite yet, but flashes of greatness.) He has at least shown flashes of every single basketball skill you'd want from a star point guard except for shooting, which again, is one of the most teachable skills.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Oh miss me with this trash. Your posts all year long about these potential prospects are just trash. I’ve already knew that about you.

All you literally just did was copy and paste what you saw online. But but but this online scout said it. Foh

15. i3artow i3aller

@OremLK fighting the good fight. Fans are disappointed tonight as everyone wanted 1 or 2, but they'll start to come around to the idea of Amen Thompson having Star potential sooner or later. If Amen and Green both hit you're looking at the best backcourt in the league for years to come.

Vudu, Y2JT, Hive5 and 10 others like this.
  16. OremLK

OremLK Member

I've watched hours of tape on all of the prospects in the conversation for top 5 in this class. Not sure why you think you need to go around and throw insults though.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Is Thompson's court vision and feel for the game any better than a De'Arron Fox or Ja Morant? People talk like he's some savant out there....like he's gonna come into the league and seriously elevate an offense like all the great playmakers do

but unlike a Fox or Ja, he has no floater or anything that's a threat outside the paint, and their jumpers didn't need nearly as much work as it looks like Thompson's will need coming into the league...plus his ballhandling isn't on there level either

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Blah blah blah blah. Aka So you watched YouTube vids of highlights. The same ones that make literally anyone look good. Clap clap

19. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Josh Giddy was an all-around player with height and bad shooting as well who went 6th. I wouldn't rush to judgment either way with Amen, to be honest.

20. Denovo

Denovo Member

Who would you prefer at 4?