1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amen Thompson tank thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OremLK, Apr 19, 2023.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. Saeculum

Saeculum Member

I'm resigned to it. Hope he develops!

roslolian likes this.
  3. Ancient Moabite

The same Simmons that was all NBA defender and all star in today's NBA is now trash in today's NBA .... Guess that saying ''it was all good just a week ago'' just came back to forefront

Simmons is Irrelevant because of not being available to try and resurrect from the back injury and the Sixers playoff stain that has seem to take him off pivot mentally, which to me is just as or more important than talent itself

If Amen can become a all defense team caliber and all star type player and runs the PG spot like Simmons did pre last playoff season with Sixers/pre injury, then he will be relevant in today's NBA

If Charlotte takes Miller and Scoot is there at three, then we shall see who Rockets value and want more, Scoot or Amen

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Simmons hasn’t been that for years. He’s absolute trash now and will continue to be for the rest of his career. I said the same shitt about westbrick when the rockets thought they were getting such a great player and how he sucked for years. And yet he continues to be trash and that won’t change either. Both losers. The days of guards like them commanding teams are over. Been that way for quite awhile now

if Scoot is there at 3 what does the rockets have to do with anything. Scoot is going 3 in that scenario and the rockets have no say. It doesn’t determine who they value and want more. They don’t have the choice bw scoot and amen

like I said if that’s what y’all are hoping for that’s an absolute bust in todays league and failure bc Simmons no longer matters on the court in todays league

#1564 YOLO, Jun 21, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

6. Ancient Moabite

When you says years it could be two, which is about the time he has been trying to get back on track, not like 5+ years, its why he is in this era as what I stated and what you said about him being trash, which came about when he became unavailable to play due to injury and from that playoff meltdown with Sixers, which wasn't that long ago being in the all star game in 2021 season

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Doesn’t matter. Point remains. No longer relevant. Hes unplayable bc he stinks and the league already exposed him

8. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

I'll take Amen's broken shot if he cares. Young Socialite is just a coward

9. Ancient Moabite

Of course it doesn't matter in the macro, but reason you become irrelevant in sports is due to injuries or mentally tapped out, which Simmons has been going thru since that playoff meltdown and hasn't been able to get back on track

The same Simmons that is now according to you as unplayable is the same player who made all NBA defense and a few all star selections, but the past two seasons have been rough for him and his comeback stint didn't help him at all, he is mentally snake bitten right now, if he doesn't show something this upcoming season as he did with Sixers stint he will be on that island of irrevelant

He exposed himself by not showing confidence or improvement from his suspect J, the league didn't have to expose him for that, it was in his predraft resume/LSU film

10. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

My fantasy for tomorrow night is to draft Amen and trade up for Ausar if he falls a bit.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

He’s irelevant bc he doesn’t have the skills to be relevant in todays league. You keep referencing this defense and all star that don’t matter today bc he’s been exposed and won’t be a factor anymore. He’ll never get another accolade or win and the teams he’ll be on will stink. Lol at exposing himself. No that’s not how it works. Oh for you it’s going to take this up coming season apparently. That’s just you. Cause something is just magically going to change. Delusional. You’re already way behind with this logic being you need this season to see if he shows something. That ship sailed without you a long time ago

#1571 YOLO, Jun 21, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Per cf’s sauces Miller is dropping all the way to 4.

LOL

14. Ancient Moabite

You keep thinking this is 2003 or 1993

2021 and 2023 is the same era, I only mentioned his all NBA defense and all star game trips because he last played in 2021 game, he couldn't shoot day one and still went first overall and accomplished what he did by playing his style until it ran its course

He did expose himself, or was it the other teams/players fault for not working with him, he entered the league as individual who was scared or couldn't shoot outside of maybe a floater in the lane style and never added on, so he assisted heavy in exposing himself by not improving on his biggest weakness

He exposed himself by posting videos of him hitting outside shots during off-season but when reg season came he did none of what he broadcasted that he worked on

If that isn't exposing yourself than what do you call that?

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nah it isn’t. Clearly you’re lost if you think the game is played the same in 2023. And judging by your post you clearly are

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who would take Josh Giddey at 4? I sure would, broken jumper and all. (Talk about a yucky-looking shot...)

Josh Giddey, for reference, is 6-8 with a 6-7.5 wingspan. Amen Thompson is 6-7 with a 7-0 wingspan.

Can Amen handle the ball, pass, and defend at a Josh Giddey level? Will he work his ass off on his jumper?

For me, there is most definitely a path for Amen.

csnerd84, Yung-T and Little Bit like this.
  17. Ancient Moabite

What was so diff from the 2021 season to now on how the game is played, its like you are trying to trick yourself into believing that

You seem to be the one lost, it takes one to spot one

Jokic won the MVP in 2021, and in 2023 what he do diff in play style? C'mon genius educate me, show me the way home since I Am clearly lost and need to be found

SamFisher likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Because it’s common sense and I already said it. Losers and bricklayers like Simmons and Westbricks of the world commanding teams as the lead guards are over. Biggest liability’s on the court. Folks like you on the other hand but I need to see another season of Simmons are incapable of seeing what 2023 in the nba is and how guys like them are irrelevant. Jokic has exactly 0 to do with this topic. He has actual skills relevant to todays league. Definitely not something you can say about sorry ass Simmons

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ok isn't this too much copium? Why does not listening to music radiate humility? If listening to music makes you an arrogant jerk wait till these guys see Jabari's new tattoo lol.

If all these stories and legends about the Twins are true they should've been more skilled out the gate than Scoot or Brandon Miller since Scoot is too young and Miller spends his free time joyriding in cars with guns. Instead everyone says they're big projects and need time to develop and train their skills. Huh? If they spend so much of their time working out and training they should be more or less polished gems by now.

Like I said I'm more or less accepted we're taking Amen if available, but its still odd he is so raw despite all the legends and stories on the two of them having 12 hour practices, sleeping in the gym holding hands, spending all their time watching tape etc.

#1580 roslolian, Jun 22, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
    SamFisher and MrButtocks like this.