1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amen Thompson tank thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OremLK, Apr 19, 2023.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Def in my top 3 for sure. Cricket is my other one.

Rokman likes this.
  2. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

How about a 20 year old pitcher in a 16 year olds league. Big advantage versus playing kids his own age and has been found out people lied in the past and their teams were stripped of championships. Amen has done very poorly when playing internationally against his own aged adults….very poorly and struggled getting past defenders to the rim. Watch the highlights!

3. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

How about a 20 year old pitcher in a 16 year olds league. Big advantage versus playing kids his own age and has been found out people lied in the past and their teams were stripped of championships. Amen has done very poorly when playing internationally against his own aged adults….very poorly and struggled getting past defenders to the rim. Watch the highlights!

4. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

If Miller’s shot Is off he is no use to the team, because he cannot get past most opponents. His handles are not good enough to be a #1 on a team.
    Amen can be a #1 option, look at Westbrook who is going to be a HALL FAMER. Rondo could not shoot and he was a all star. Many people are comparing him to a tall John Wall. He will be the most athletic player in the NBA and HANDLES to go with it.

groovemachine likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

LOL stop posting. And most of all quit quoting me with your garbage. It’s already bad enough you say that same thing over and over and over in the same threads

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Jesus - you must be the most literal person of all time. I think judging analogies is just not for you, bud.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/4611302/2023/06/15/nba-draft-mock-brandon-miller-scoot-henderson/

4. Houston Rockets

Amen Thompson | 6-7 guard | 20 years old | Overtime Elite

With Wembanyama, Henderson and Miller off the board, the Rockets turn their attention to Thompson, a player they strongly believe is in the same tier as the No. 2 and 3 picks — and rightfully so. This week, Thompson left the Rockets brass highly impressed with rare athleticism, up-close explosiveness and sheer physical attributes for a prospect at his age and size.

Thompson makes smart decisions with the ball. His advanced playmaking skills are a must-have for a potential partnership alongside a scoring, still-developing guard in Jalen Green. Must also be stated the positive effect he’d have on Jabari Smith Jr., with his ability to draw in defenses and put the former No. 3 pick in advantageous offensive situations — a sheer mirage last season.

Defensively, Thompson’s instincts are right at the top of his class with his ability to disrupt opposing ballhandlers, his lateral quickness and overall attention to detail. At 6’6 and 215 pounds, Thompson projects as a switchable guard who can play in multiple schemes, which should come in handy for new head coach Ime Udoka.

The shooting concerns are real. But the Rockets are in talent-acquisition mode, and Thompson’s talent leaps off the page. Although Villanova’s Cam Whitmore is also being considered internally at No. 4, and nothing should ever be considered a done deal until commissioner Adam Silver has the pick. But once the dust settles, Thompson just ticks more boxes. — Iko

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah i just value feel, SPECIFICALLY for this team/roster, EXTREMELY highly

Arnel and RC Cola like this.
  10. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Someone is going to take Amen before us..

Arnel, groovemachine and cheke64 like this.
  11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Well, fingers crossed!! I’d love that.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yeah, of Spinella and Vecenie, I find myself leaning more towards Spinella's way of thinking (though the 2 often agree on most things). And I think Spinella has made a concerted effort of weighing "feel" more now than in previous draft cycles. I'm thinking he feels a bit burned on guys like Walker Kessler and Jalen Williams. Spinella seems higher on guys like Podz than Vecenie, who still has major concerns about athleticism/ability to get separatation/etc (though in the case of Podz specifically, guess he also has wingspan issues). I think those concerns are valid, but I'm wondering if they really matter that much with guys that just have high BBIQ.

Of course it is nice to have both athleticism and high BBIQ (and good size/wingspan), but if you can't have it all, I'm thinking I'd rank BBIQ above some of of these other factors. Especially with guys I view primarily as role players.

14. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Maybe they see Amen as that playmaking PG/G that will focus more on getting others involved than scoring for himself. The shooting touch can come over time I suppose. He is fast and has a good handle so that would allow him to break down a defense consistently. The plan could be to bring in a vet PG to teach him for the first year or two before turning things over to him. I trust they have a plan to develop him and the rest of the young guys. New coach and new system will help with that.

Little Bit and groovemachine like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I still think it's funny that so many people are getting worked up about the Wish dot com version of Ben Simmons.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. PatBev

PatBev Member

I think we will be stuck choosing between Ausar & Miller

Arnel and bluffkin like this.
  18. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I guess KOC just likes to factor in intel with his mock...but geez it seems so bizarre to see his mock draft drastically change every week or so.

cheke64 likes this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Don't worry. I was told by YOLO there is absolutely no possibility at all that some teams would potentially prefer swinging for upside at the top of the draft!

Arnel likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member