1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amen Thompson likely out for the remainder of the Summer League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jul 8, 2023.

1. i3artow i3aller

2. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

In the history of team sports

DaDakota likes this.
  3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Nah, Wall and Westbrook are right up there.

4. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Bust. Will be out of the league in a year. Poor man's Corey Brewer. Too soon?

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Yea I think he himself said I am good but up to the staff if they want to play me

Rudyc281 and roslolian like this.
  6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He basically showcased almost every skill set there is to show in the game, resting him makes sense:
    1. Floater
    2. Hit a 3
    3. Hit 3/4 free throws.
    4. Good finishing around the rim
    5. Good ball handling
    6. Scoring in half court.
    7. Scoring in transition.
    8. Good playmaking (very good) and decision making
    9. Flashes of very good man to man defense, clearly shut off Henderson in a number of possessions.
    10. Steals off passing lanes and hustle.
    11. 2 swipe blocks against a guard and a big (guarding them 1v1). Blocked a jumpshooter and blocked a big guarding him in the post.
    12. Only 2 TOs, one was a lazy inbound pass and 1 from Huff dropping the pass.
    He didn't show any mid-range, although he did take some shots with confidence. His shooting form is very stiff but he clearly has a good foundation to work off of.

If he has a working jumpshot, I honestly cannot think of any other holes to his game.

quikkag and OremLK like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

not a prob. time for fred v. fleet to step up and prove he can play

tinman and i3artow i3aller like this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why don't you video yourself intentionally spraining your ankle then play 30 mins in a pickup game so we can see how tough you are? I like how some dude typing in a keyboard is claiming these athletes are soft AF.

To answer your question, Bari and Co. aren't injured so there's no issue with them playing meaningless games. That's obv diff from Amen getting a sprained ankle and taking him out as a precaution. Why don't you use your common sense?

I dunno what has happened but Clutch Fans in recent years got home to some of the biggest and most toxic crybaby posters I've seen. The meltdown and wanting to fire Stone just cuz of 3 players who got zero pt last year when we weren't even stacked with talent and now some dude is baby raging Amen who sprained his ankle can't play in SL.

Like seriously you know Bari, Tari and Cam Whitmore still on the SL roster right? You can't watch those guys and would rather Amen aggravate his sprained ankle so you can get your fix of him playing? Wtf.

#68 roslolian, Jul 8, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2023
    Jayzers_100 and SmoothOperator like this.
  9. xaos

xaos Member

So far this is your best post in this thread

roslolian, Xopher, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It's for the best but I'm really disappointed we won't get to see Amen vs Ausar until the regular season.

I'll be tuning into the Pistons game today to see how Ausar plays compared to Amen.

harold bingo likes this.
  11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Video myself? Umkay dude I guess. You first.

Why risk Bari, Tari & Cam? One guy already got hurt. Shut’em all down I say. Punt on SL every year. I agree with you. Someone might turn an ankle. Better?

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. MadRox

MadRox Member

After watching the replay, doesn't look like Amen landed on somebody's foot, but instead somebody landed on his foot while he was on the floor.

Rudyc281 and snowconeman22 like this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why should I video myself when I'm not the saying NBA players are soft? You're the one claiming these NBA players are soft so you should provide proof of how tough you are.

Amen got diagnosed with a grade 2 sprain and has to wear a boot for 2 weeks you still think he should play?

Just take your L man you just digging a deeper hole for yourself. It's pathetic.

PDJACK7 likes this.
  15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yawn.

Digging a hole on the internet? Dude get over yourself. Ruling him out before you knew the seriousness would be mistake. Now that you know he’s injured, yeah sit him out. But guys have to play to get ready for season. I stand behind it.
    These guys play ball & train all the time. They don’t televise every time these cats play ball. They have clauses in their contracts that allow them to do so. They have runs everywhere for pro ball players. They can be injured anytime was my point. That said it’s very disappointing that Amen is out.

16. kpdark

kpdark Member

I thought so too.. hopeful for a quick recovery

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Just glad it's not anything too serious and he'll be ready for training camp. They probably would only have played him 1-2 more games anyway even if he stayed healthy.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Updated tweet to 3-4 weeks now.

19. Frank_Duhon

Frank_Duhon Member

It's just possible that the Rockets management and medical team had a lot more first hand knowledge as to the extent of the injury prior to the MRI than any of us did.

Clearly they knew what they were doing.

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

That is true. 100% fact. I thought they were being too conservative, clearly I was wrong. These pros play ball constantly to test their skill work in the lab. There profession runs all the time. Bumps and bruises happen. In this case he’s truly injured. I just hate that the young man is out.

AroundTheWorld and Frank_Duhon like this.