1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amen Thompson likely out for the remainder of the Summer League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jul 8, 2023.

1. rammo

rammo Member

That was my first live watch of him and I really liked it. He plays with a lot of energy and with ball in hand, at a fast but controlled pace.

Low key I’m excited to watch this kid develop with the squad.

quikkag, Rudyc281, Rashmon and 5 others like this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If it’s just a turned ankle and has no swelling or soreness then sure maybe he can play the last game of summer league. I just think every single coach and FO in the league would sit someone as important to the future for the rest of summer league. There is absolutely no sane reason to play him in the summer league with a bunch of guys trying to make a name for themselves by diving after balls and playing out of control. Sprained ankles can linger for a long time if not taken care of. We need him back to working out and practicing fully healthy, not playing in meaningless games. By the way, see how the rotations change in summer league. You won’t see that much of Jabari, Wemby, Scoot, or Sharpe and any other likely to make the NBA rotation the rest of summer league.

Rudyc281 and Kevooooo like this.
  3. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

That skinny French guy deserves everything he gets his way I cannot stand the dude.

Zen Tabak and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Why man. Wemby seems like a nice guy

topfive likes this.
  5. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

That skinny French guy deserves everything he gets his way I cannot stand the dude.
    mainly due to the fact he was happy rockets didn’t get the first pick there is a video but I also blame the media and his people around him to brainwashing him. Still this dude gets more hype than he should

6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

That’s fine. I’ve seen enough. Slot him behind FVV and let’s go.

7. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

I tried to ignore this..
    but you really are a dumass

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Agree. I've been skeptical of OTE competition and how that experience would prep Amen for NBA, but kid looks really good and plays the right way. Sure he can clean up a few things and needs to keep working on his shot, but he looks like a young star in the making.

Our 2nd team with Amen, Tari, probably KPJ, Jock and whoever is going to be exciting.

cmoak1982 and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. i3artow i3aller

He's certainly no Pierre Escargot
    [​IMG]

dmoneybangbang, Deckard and Zen Tabak like this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Come Allstar break VanVleet will be the highest paid bench player.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  11. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

Honestly want him to play soooo bad but I’m not gonna be selfish here . We will see him PLENTY of times in the future ! I’m beyond excited for draft pick ! We are lucky it unfolded the way it did

12. OkayAyeReloaded

Disappointing but it makes sense, that's fine I've seen enough lol. Just heal up, and work on your game and body for the NBA season.

Keep focusing on the jump shot and defense, and welcome to the Rockets.

Rudyc281 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

That’s cute.

14. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Just rewatched the game and did frame by frame on play where Amen was injured. Like you I've had more than my share of ankle injuries, so here's the blow-by-blow...

- He went to block a shot and his left foot came down toe first while he was off balance and slightly falling back.
    - The left foot immediately starts to roll to the outside and literally does a 90 degree angle to his leg... not pretty and brings back painful memories.
    - As he's falling it sort of looks like the player he's guarding leg goes into his groin which seems to bring his left leg off the floor as he falls backwards,
    - His right foot touches down and he puts his hands down to brace his fall, another POR player narrowly misses falling backwards on to him.

After watching that, I definitely see why he's getting the MRI and sitting out the rest of SL. Hopefully, being 20 and in world-class physical shape will help him bounce back quick. While he said he felt fine, that may have been the adrenaline still pumping, he's likely swollen and in pain today.

Kevooooo likes this.
  15. PatBev

PatBev Member

Let the boy play

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

We cleaned house this summer. Even Lucas got bumped off the court. Yet somehow, Keith avoid the scythe. :confused:

17. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Think he faked it so he wouldn’t have to play his brother. :)

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He looked very good too.

DD

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Funny interview...

Looked like it hurt, any baller has done that a bunch of times, but in the "walk it off" category of ankle sprains. Interview seemed to confirm. He played well, no need to risk making a mountain out of a molehill. Would bet money if this was the regular season not only would he have finished the game, but he'd be playing Sunday too.

IF he's actually getting an MRI, I'd bet it's more to see how his body handles such a thing rather than to see if there's severe damage. Sort of a data collecting moment? Like if/when he does this in the future you'll have a better idea of the injury's severity.

Jabari can sit too, that was an impressive 2nd half. Let's see the Cam and Tari show. Tari's proven himself to be the glue guy but I'd like to see at least a game where they try to feature him. Maybe he can handle more of a featured role? That drive/hammerslammer was fantastic.

quikkag likes this.