1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amen Thompson likely out for the remainder of the Summer League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jul 8, 2023.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Spurs are crazy for playing Wemby at all in Summer League. He might get hurt.

BigShasta likes this.
  2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

QUOTE="zeeshan2, post: 14723832, member: 54705"][/QUOTE]

This part.
    Love It!!!!!!!

#22 TEXNIFICENT, Jul 8, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2023
  3. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I've had my share of ankle sprains. The way he landed and going by the limp afterwards, he'll be hurting for a couple weeks. A month or longer if it's level 2 but at least he'll be ready for the start of the season. I think the staff has seen enough to know he's a special player. Protect him at all costs lol.

Joe Rocket, Yung-T, glynch and 4 others like this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Keith Jones 'bout to go to work and turn this everyday ankle sprain into a debilitating, career-lasting injury.

5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

This part.
    Love It!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I love it too. I’m sure Amen feels the same, but he sprained his ankle. It is extremely stupid to say the NBA is made up of a bunch of p***y coaches for not playing a future superstar in a meaningless summer league just to prove toughness.

Zen Tabak and Dacamel like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good ol Keith is in a passive position.......glad about that.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It’s extremely stupid not to realize this has to train and play basketball to get ready to play basketball. It’s unavoidable. If they’re afraid of an ankle sprain ( that can happen in training, skill drills or scrimmages) the what the hell is Tari, Bari and Whitmore doing out there. Just sign a bunch of camp bodies and/ or punt on summer league all together. Pre-Season too for that matter. Just wait until the start of the season.

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It’s extremely stupid not to realize he has to train and play basketball to get ready to play basketball. It’s unavoidable. Sit out the rest of the games at 20 years old for an ankle sprain? These kids are young and it happens when you play ball. These guys need court time to develop. If they’re that afraid of an ankle sprain ( that can happen in training, skill drills or scrimmages) then what the hell is Tari, Bari and Whitmore doing out there?

Just sign a bunch of camp bodies and/ or punt on summer league all together. Pre-Season too for that matter. Just wait until the start of the season.

#29 TEXNIFICENT, Jul 8, 2023
  10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

He was out there. He sprained his ankle. If Tari, Bari, or Whitmore sprain their ankles they shouldn’t be out there either. Summer league is not nearly as important as camp and pre-season. It is much more important for them to be ready for that. You made a stupid post, just live with it.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You all know what this means, right? It means we're scrizewed man!!!

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Is it ever just a sprained ankle?

Rudyc281 and saleem like this.
  13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Amen Thompson said he is fine and wants to play.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

cause he’s a born winner! I’m convinced we got a good one.

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I’m sorry but this is just a bad take.

1) they’re sitting him for summer league. 4 games. Not the season.
    2) he’s young and just had an injury that was serious enough to warrant an mri. This isn’t load management. This is risk management.

SL is about seeing what you got from the draft and knocking rust off. They saw enough in Amen’s first game to forego risking developing a longer-lasting injury. Literally any franchise would do this in any era. You don’t take unnecessary, meaningless risks with top 5 picks.

17. a time to chill

Time to see what TyTy can do, oh wait…

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

So do you have any idea how many stupid MRI’s that get ordered on the regular population not just athletes. We’re talking about an ankle . Because he’s young it’s probably not that big of a deal. These guys are hoopers and know the drill. Get the MRI, but it’s medical imaging not surgery.

If he looks and feels fine then let him sit a game and keep it pushing. They all need competitive court time. You have to play to get ready to play. If you’re going to be ultra conservative just punt on summer league altogether.

We’ll agree to disagree

#39 TEXNIFICENT, Jul 8, 2023
  20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

the good thing about last night (and maybe I’m being premature), it’s clear to me that Amen belongs in the NBA and not the G-League. He needs to get every spare minute that doesn’t go to FVV. TyTy who?

now I’m not excusing the paying Atlanta to take our prospects; im still very upset by how Stone and Pat handled our free agency. I badly want to move on from Stone. But at least we know that Amen will probably handle backup minutes in the nba just fine, and hopefully Aaron Holiday never sees the floor. TyTy had value, but no development pathway with the rockets. It’s good for him that he’s on another team. I still want our 2nd round picks back though ;)