1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amen Thompson is the Rockets' REAL franchise player - all other threads are just I.D.I.O.T.s

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 26, 2023.

1. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

As long as we never see videos of legit stars standing around laughing at his shot we should be fine. No wonder Simmons barely plays anymore, I'd die of embarrassment if that'd happened to me lol.

2. mario_v

mario_v Member

A lot of y’all are sleeping on Amen.

I don’t have the stats with me, but Amen averaged 13 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists per game in 23 games as a starter and fourth or fifth option on the team.

I could easily see him average 20,10,8 as his floor.

He has the potential of being a 6’7 westbrook with better defense and bbiq.

He doesn’t even have to develop into a good shooter. Just shooting around 25% from 3 is enough to get by for him.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Some of you are taking these comps too seriously. When we say Reed looks like Mark Price or Jalen plays like Kobe, or Alpi is a smaller version of Jokic, it's not saying that they will definitely reach that level. Just talking about how the style can succeed in the NBA.

Amen is not just standing around at the dunker spot. You are implying that he is nothing more than a faster Capela. Watch how he plays. He goes full speed from the perimeter to the basket, just like Giannis does. The difference is that Giannis get to the rim by brute force bullying his way. Amen does it by finesse sidestepping with speed.

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I disagree. Defenses will dare a 25% shooter to beat them all day long in a playoff series.

He’s got to get to at least 34-36% from 3 & 70% from the line. These are not high bars at all. He’s got to put in the work physically and psychologically to get there.