1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AMC's The Walking Dead [Season 6]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fchowd0311, Oct 11, 2015.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, you're right. So what if he shares it with Tara, and comes forward as the father. Haha

2. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

That seen with Heather or whatever her name was, the fat chick going into that hallway was great. Finally got like horror movie feel in the show, where you are not quite sure what is going to happen, really thought a baby walker was going bite into her.

Also really enjoyed the banter between Abe and Eugene, makes me nervous about Abraham, he has really grown on me this season.

There was some dumb stuff that happened that makes you go WTF but overall I really liked this episode.

3. itzIce

itzIce Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L2IftZbXmxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Well my expectations are that next episode will be best of all time.....

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I swear they've turned into the lamest trackers and are just leaving it wide freaking open, like the Rox on transition D....SMMFH....

6. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Dang. That was an intense episode. Lots of stuff to see in next weeks.

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, I figured they'd do that ****... It'll be an interesting episode next week. Kinda corny though where the characters become absolutely stupid...

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Another episode, another ambush where Daryl the tracker gets his weapon taken away. That's the 5th time this season, since the Quarry.

As for Carol, if she ever starts drinking to calm her nerves, her vendetta quests will be like Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven...likely with whispering speech, too. "I'm here to kill you. The rest of you best run away."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7_uvEuNwUj4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

It's unfortunate that stupidity is a staple of the show.

10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

more like, they're letting emotions get the best of them (at least in this episode) and overrun their intelligence. Which is understandable, to a degree. But I agree that it's been all too often this season.

11. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="500" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_r-2a1kkQLg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. 713

713 Member

Wow Opening Day, Shell Houston Open, Final Four, Wrestlemania, and the finale to WD. This next weekend will be fun.

13. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I think we all can see that someone (maybe even 2) is biting it next episode.

My bet is Michonne. She's the one, other than Carl, that will have the biggest affect on Rick. Carl is very close to Michonne, this will be the perfect reason for Carl to do what he does later (that is in the comics).

The second candidate is Carol. I think her story is done. How can she come around from what she is experiencing right now? She is my favorite character on the show, but I have a feeling she is on her way out.

Morgan will be the next likely candidate. The moral guy don't last long and there is not much left for him to do. He is not changing his mind nor stance about killing. The only thing is his death will not be as gut wrenching as others on this list because they've made his character not as likeable as he was at the beginning of the series.

Glenn is the next in line. Even though they pulled the stupid fake out death, Glenn may still be on the chopping block. "Just when you think he is safe...."

Before this episode, I thought Daryl could die, but that last scene with him getting shot kind of changed my mind. There is no need for them to do that scene if they were going to kill him in the finale.

I don't think there is any chance Rosita will die, she still have plenty of stories to be told.

If they just kill one, I think it will be Michonne. If they kill 2, I think it will be Morgan & Glenn. I hate to see any of these character die, but if nothing happens it would be a let down.

We will see Negan for sure.

14. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

It's almost comical how every week the story is being driven by people running away and more people going after them. Glenn is the worst. Must get involved. Just a whiny windbag. All the main characters have been super careless and tempermental. Making the worst decisions possible. How many times can they be caught and disarmed, and yet still feel it's okay to take a slow stroll to talk about their feelings.

15. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I see what you did there. ;)

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Is it just me or do the Walking Dead writers not know how to have character development without shoving it in your face?

So many pointless conversions in almost every episode this season in order for you to feel empathy for the characters. It ain't working, primarily because it's so obvious what the intent of the 20 heart to heart moments there are per episode. Just stop it. Concentrate more on the plot. Most of the characters are as fleshed out as can be.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Everyone here is making good points.

Zombies

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I feel that way exactly. How many times do we have to have a character question their humanity, go dark, question humanity, go light, and then something bad happen to them or someone else close to change them again?

Is there anyone still on the show that hasn't had a stretch of episodes dedicated to their search for their humanity or whatever? Good lord its exhausting. Do we now need to have 4 episodes primarily dedicated to the internal arc of TOBIN struggling to find his humanity for crying out loud??? Here we go again with another 10 minute heart to heart with another character talking about how they can or can't kill or whatever.

If the writers just focused on plot, the development would take care of itself. Let their experiences change them. So far the experiences are the same. They have a zombie problem, and then they have a problem with people trying to kill them or take their home. Why the need to constantly focus on their roller coaster of emotions? Why do we care as the audience?

Everyone seems to love this Scott Gimple guy but IMO the show took a huge plunge after the first season when they fired Darabont. They fired him why again??... Because he deviated from the comic book plot too much right? What a stupid move. Yes lets fire the guy who directed Shawshank for someone named Scott Gimple who LOVES the comic books. Who gives a crap about the comic books? Its a TV based off of them and it should exist on its own. Instead they just remix the same plot with different characters interchanging for each other mixed in with the same "finding humanity" beat for every episode.

I'll continue watching the show just because I've dedicated this much time to it, but its such a wasted opportunity to have made a really good show.

And lastly.... are they just laughing in our faces when they are trying to really tell us that where they are is Alexandria, VA??? Do they think nobody has ever traveled to DC before? Since when did a town that is literally across the freeway from the CAPITAL OF THE NATION start to look like backwoods Georgia? They aren't even trying anymore to spend time on world building. There are alot of ways they could still stay in Atlanta, build sets, use the city more, CG backdrops, etc. to create some sort of trick to show where they are. Game of thrones can take you from a Red Waste desert to north of the Wall in a frozen tundra, and you might not need to see everything, but you know where you are. Its just lazy to say "Oh this is the Walking Dead world"... so I guess NYC looks the same too. Just lazy show running.

#1038 dobro1229, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  19. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm probably one of the biggest Walking Dead fan out there but this season to me has been very underwhelming to say the least. I know there are budget issues with this show. From what I've read, they've had an issue with having too many characters. AMC hasn't really increased the budget for this show.

I totally get they want to make changes so it's not 100% to the comic books but they've made a lot of blunders. One was killing off Andrea and now their having issues with Rick story line with Michonne. It doesn't fit IMO and it would have been better for when the Kingdom is brought in the show.

As far as who gets the bat, it's time for Glenn to say his goodbyes. It would move this story along better and would have the most impact imo. Glenn is supposed to be the beacon of hope in this world with Maggie. I know people love Carol but killing her with the bat doesn't really set the stage. She has been in lala land for a while and I don't think it has the impact that would set up season 7. You can say the same thing for Morgan as well.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The problem IMO now is that we don't really even know what "moving the story along" means. Even if Negan delivers and is the bad guy the comic guys hype him up to be, what does that mean for our characters? Its a war against a slightly more dangerous group than the Woodbury/Governor group. And they don't have a tank from what I have seen.

Maybe the comics do actually "Go somewhere" or have a plot other than repeating the same routine over and over, but I don't really see it. The show just doesn't seem to have any desire to have our characters do anything meaningful other than survive & kill hostiles & zombies.

I think it was said best last week when Abraham said "we could be here another 30 years". The Showrunners obviously are wanting to show us every single dramatic moment of those 30 years. Hell at this point showing us how they get crops to grow, and upgrade their solar panels are more entertaining than another 4 episode arc of another character dealing with their humanity & to kill or not kill, or whatever they are trying to figure out.