1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AMC's The Walking Dead [Season 6]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fchowd0311, Oct 11, 2015.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I think expecting the virus logic to make sense in the show is a little wishful thinking when they can't even get the physics of falling off a trash can right.

2. i3artow i3aller

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

there is no way they land on the ground. Try to stage dive into a crowd as packed as those Zombies were. People can't get out of your way even if they wanted to. And Zombies certainly would want to get out of your way.

it was lame, as you said, albeit not as lame as stage diving.

4. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I still can't get past walking zombies. Whether it's 1 or 100, they move like grandmas.

After watching I Am Legend, 28 days/weeks later, Dawn of the Dead,and WWZ it's easy to imagine zombies taking over the world or forcing survivors into making dumb decisions. Imagine a brain eating zombie, running as fast as Adrian Peterson, coming at you! Scary ****.

5. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Well said.

I miss the episodes when they were at the CDC.

I wish they could go back to Atlanta, just to see what the apocolypse would look like in further detail. Too bad that is very unlikely.

Side note: what is it with the girl walking around writing "JSS". What bothers me is, if you haven't ate in days, weeks, would you eat a raw turltle and suck the flesh off the bones? The way she was eating it, made it seems as if it was her favorite meal.

6. DonnyMost

Going further, how long has it been since the outbreak? 2-3 years now?

All of those corpses would be rotted/decomposed to the point of inoperability.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Well...when they eat and if their organs don't work...then what happens to the "food" they eat? Do they just get fatter and fatter...and then explode? Apparently not. Additionally, how do they make noises? It implies their lungs are operating in some capacity. And, if you have to stab them in the brain to kill them, then it implies the brain is working at some level even if just an instinctual one. And, you can't move without muscles so... . If all these internal organs and parts are working at some level, then how can one expect them to rot or decompose?

At the end of the day, you can't really overanalyze fiction. You can have your breaking point where you don't buy into the absurdity of it all and can't suspend your disbelief to enjoy it, however. Then, I guess you change the channel when that time comes. Plenty of people just won't watch anything zombie because they find it to be silly to begin with. They can't get past that. Others won't get past the gore.

I'm just thankful that the zombie genre exploded on the scene like it did on television because the films just never could cover the phenomenon like it was meant to be covered. Two hours was never enough time and the films were usually not very good. I don't count "28 Days Later" as a zombie film because those were infected living people. And, that's the one I most enjoyed out of any of them to date. WWZ would be my next favorite but, again, not a zombie film. Of course, my strict definition of a zombie being it came back from the dead. Those films I mentioned...you could consider their behavior to be that like zombies but not the same thing imo.

#307 Surfguy, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Kirkman has actually gone on record saying he regrets the decision to take Rick's hand in the comics and made a conscious decision to avoid that mistake in the show. So I don't think we'll see that happen.

9. DonnyMost

Look at canon like The Last of Us. There have been fictional universes about virus outbreaks/fall of society that don't have such gaping holes in the plot/logic.

I don't like to practice suspension of disbelief in basic physics in shows that are supposed to be gritty realism.

10. ubigred

Agree on the phenomenon part since it's a television series. I would give anything for it to be on Netflix or HBO.

11. ubigred

Delete

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think McHale directed tonight's episode.

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Wtf was that...?

Can't decide what was worse tonight...the rockets game or this episode of WD?

14. DonnyMost

Best episode in a long time in term of character development. In fact, probably the best one ever.

15. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Morgan is an uninteresting version of Mr. Eko.

16. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

I tune in for a Glenn and get a Morgan ...

17. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

This episode=Karate kid with jaden smith

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You wanted Glenn and you got a goat, and nobody wants a goat

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

That was a torturous episode. The build up for him last season was cool. Now that we get his training backstory... yep, Morgan sucks. They set him up to get more innocent people killed because he's found the art of peace.

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

why would you expect immediate closure on the Glenn story? They are going to string the audience along until the midseason finale for the big reveal. We probably won't even learn Rick's fate next ep.

Who made up the whole "don't get zombie blood on an open wound" theory? You get scratched or bit, you get the fever, you die, you turn. Everyone else turns when they die in any other way. That's it, there's no other rule book.

Good episode