1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AMC's The Walking Dead [Season 5]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CheezeyBoy22, Jun 14, 2014.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

We need pictures of you and your wife to see if we would all start laughing too.

1 person likes this.
  2. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I can't believe I still watch this show.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

I am amazed they did all that in one episode. I assumed they would make that crap last for half a season.

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Was that Negan who had raped and pillaged Terminus?

5. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Yes, it's supposed to be.

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

No, it was the guy with the huge beard that Rick and Co let out.

7. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Good to see Rick going Rick again. And it seems like starting with the next episode they will be following the comic book storyline again for the most part

8. VanityHalfBlack

Tons of zombie action, way to start the show I'd say.

9. VanityHalfBlack

Because it's enjoyable?

10. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Damn good episode.

11. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

It's always hard coming back to a show after a long hiatus, but it had me hooked again in the first five minutes.

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

They do some cool things, that's why we still watch. It's just that they do some really stupid things leading up to that.

At the beginning, I like the idea of the trough and killing the captives. But was there really any tension? When they lined up 4 other guys along with our group, did anybody really believe it was for any other reason than to kill some people while leaving our guys unharmed?

Carol blowing the tank? Cool scene, but the idea of her being able to accurately target the gas with a bottle rocket just seemed really stupid.

Carol and Tyrese tie the guy up with a seatbelt that always looked so loose that he could've slipped out at any time.

Tyrese going all "Hulk" just seemed kind of random. Predictable because of the way the scene unfolded, but still random. Cool idea for a scene, but poorly executed.

As mentioned, the guy Rick and Glenn let out of the shipping container is supposed the be the same guy in the flash back at the end who took over Terminus from its founders and was raping the women. But it was very unclear in the episode. They had to explain it on Talking Dead. I think a lot of the purpose of Talking Dead is to point out things they wanted you to notice, but they did a crappy job of telling it on the show, so they have to tell you on the after show instead.

And so the Termites, they had founded the place as a sanctuary. And then people came and took it over and raped and killed a bunch of them. Then they took it back and decided to be just as awful, become the "butcher" instead of the "cattle". And they lure people there and kill them and eat them, and they've seemingly been doing this for a while. But they leave one of the guys (the guy in the container) who was raping and killing them alive? He hasn't been killed or eaten yet? They were cutting up a guy in the kill room that Rick and killed in the finale (something else they had to point out on Talking Dead), but they hadn't found the time to eat this rapist yet?

I thought they did kind of a poor job of telling us the story behind the "Termites". It's like they wanted us to know their back story, to let us in on the motivation for why they do what they do, but they didn't want to spend a lot of time on it. So it just ends up being kind of weak, confusing, and unsatisfying.

Anyway, so Carol smears herself with zombie guts and storms through Terminus. But I guess she gives up at some point and leaves without finding anybody? Why? At least give us a scene where she's being overrun by walkers and has no other choice but to abandon her plan. And then she magically shows up where Rick had hidden the guns with the blood washed off of her face and out of her hair? I get it, they had this cool scene in mind for a reunion with her and Darryl and then her and Rick, but the lead up to it doesn't make much sense.

The show has a bunch of action and cool scenes. There's just a lot of stuff that doesn't make much sense that links a lot of the cool ideas together. But the cool ideas are still cool and that's why nitpickers still watch.

#52 Cannonball, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Very strong start to the season.

14. ketchupNmustard

There's a scene at the ENDof the credits(not the episode preview) that fans from since the beginning will want to see.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well I'm hooked again. Amazing season premiere. Let's just hope it doesn't fall off from the good start.

16. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

That episode moved quick. I fully expected Terminus to last the entire season. Rick ain't messing around. He and his crazy eyes wanted to go back for revenge.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yup. The ruinion with his daughter brought some rational thinking back to his head.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Folks, Rick Grimes is back

19. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think we've seen all of the Terminus flashbacks yet. I think we'll see more of how Gareth took control back and what it did to him psychologically. And I don't think we've seen the last of him in the present timeline either.

20. vator

vator Contributing Member

I hated and I mean HATED last season. I told myself that I would stop watching completely if the first few episodes started out bad...but then this happened. This freaking happened! That was one of the best damn episodes in the history of the series and it was the season premier. I only wonder now if they can keep this up. Slow clap.