1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC] Breaking Bad - Season 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Jun 2, 2012.

1. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_mVq_4BA5DQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. droopy421

droopy421 Member

They made it to kill Gus. The ricin to me is a big deal because they made it and still haven't killed anyone with it ever. Even Tuco didn't die to the ricin. So they have spent so much time with it for it to kill no one would just be pointless to bring it in.

He should definitely get out and start anew. It does feel like the torment is a little forced but hell, Jesse has been an emotional drug-addled wreck for pretty much the whole damn show. He just lost it a little when he realized Mike was gone and that at any moment Walt could just do him in.

Hell she did try to steal a baby. :grin:

3. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

This is a good start.

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Ricin

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The Ricin has been a big tease thus far, yet they continually use it. First with trying to poison Tuco. Then trying to do the same with Gus. Jesse tries to use it on the dealers who killed Tomas and Combo. Walt uses it to trick Jesse into participating in his plan to eliminate Gus. He even brought it to a meeting with Lydia but didn't use it. The first thing we see in Season 5B is Walt retrieving it from his old house. It's the biggest Chekhov's Gun in the series. We've seen it a lot but it's yet to actually pay off. We know it's going to get used, the question is just how and on who.

5. redefined

Not sure if this was discussed earlier, but I'm really confused with that flash-forward. Isn't that their current house? And it's clearly far future because of Walt's hair and the fact that the house is abandoned. I don't recall this show skipping weeks/months from episode to episode. The neighbors reaction and how he's so casual about the whole situation tells me that he was believed to be dead, as opposed to being a wanted criminal.

Did Jesse ever recover his Ricin cigarette? He probably decided to put some in the cereal instead of burning the house down.

6. droopy421

droopy421 Member

In s5e1 he bought the m60 on his 52nd birthday. In s5e9 it shows him returning to his abandoned house after purchasing it and retrieving the ricin.

7. redefined

I completely forgot about that. I guess that scene takes place right after he leaves the restaurant with the gun.

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Jesse was freaking out about not being able to find the cigarette. Walt went to his house to help him find it and planted a fake Ricin cigarette (with salt instead of Ricin) in the Roomba for Jesse to find. Walt's been in possession of the Ricin since Huell lifted it from Jesse, taping it behind an outlet cover in his bedroom.

9. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Jesses "woe is me" act was getting on my nerves too until i realized its been little more than a year since the shows started and even less since Combo died.
    So in less than a year, Jesse had to endure the murder of his friend/employee Combo, waking up to find his girlfriend dead next to him, the near death of Brock, personally shooting and killing Gale in the face! the death of the little boy after the train robbery and his belief that Walt killed Mike. That's a lot to handle, especially when Jesse feels either directly or somewhat indirectly responsible for all of them. In Gale, Combo, Jane, and Brock's case, I'm guessing he feels nearly 100% responsible, and unlike the sociopathic Walt, is unable to deal with the guilt.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

And the murder of his GF's brother (the kid that killed Combo).

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

That's true. And it's more nitpicking on my part... But it's poor pacing by the show I think. That's a lot of stuff to happen to one dude in that time frame. Add in what's happened to everyone else. Walt, Skyler, Hank... Etc. everybody has basically gone through a decade plus of typical change in a year plus. It just doesn't seem possible.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

13. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Damn. I never though of all that. No wonder he is so screwed up in the head

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Walter White is going to use the ricin on Chad. He never got over that punk dragging the chair in his classroom and making fun of him at the car wash (in the Pilot episode). It all went downhill from there.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Maybe Walt is not going to use the ricin at all. Maybe he's going back to get it just to prove to Jesse that he never used it.

I know the plot is that Jesse was told ricin wasn't the poison....but then why is he so upset now, if he knows that Huell lifting it from him doesn't mean it was ever used.

to many theories here are too simplistic and out of line

Jesse is not going to Break Good and help the cops (Hank). Although, Hank might Break Bad and help Jesse do sumpin illegal.
    Walt is not going to kill someone with the risin

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I was totally kidding- it'd be the same as saying he's going to use it on Bogdan.

Of course, people are going to float all kinds of theories about what will happen. No one knows except the show principals, which is how it should be. Any top-quality work, whether it be Hamlet, Crime and Punishment, Apocalypse Now, or Breaking Bad, never goes for the easy solutions.

17. heypartner

yeah, i know. and it was funny.

I should not have attached my comment to your quote.

When I said, "too many theories are simplistic," I know that's not you. I was actually trying to see if you agreed, but I stupidly attached my serious comment to your just-for-fun theory.

I don't see Jesse Breaking Good and helping the cops.

18. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

I swear it seems like some people haven't even been watching the show. Geez.

Not only here but other sites I frequent.

Someone at another site asked "Now who is this Lydia broad????"
    Holy Christ.

19. heypartner

quality post. very informative about the show. will read again. :p

20. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I don't know, I think he will use it on someone, but it would either be on himself or one of the bad guys. It won't be on anyone close to him nor the police.

Walt has killed, but he hasn't killed anyone (I still don't buy that he killed Jane) that isn't bad. I don't think he will kill innocent policemen, that is why I still believe the big gun are for Lydia & the cartel.