1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[AMC] Breaking Bad - Season 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Jun 2, 2012.

1. 713

713 Member

it's 2013 and u haven't seen the wire? lmao i watched it when I was 10

2. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Just curious if anyone else has noticed a product placement in the show during the car wash scenes...

3. droopy421

droopy421 Member

I don't know about there but the show makes me want a Hoover Max Extract Pressure Pro, model 60.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It's not a huge issue, but if this was reality, and making ricin was as relatively easy as they made it sound... um, not it wouldn't be an issue if he simply made more, because that'd be the prudent thing to do.

Him going back to his house struck me as a "tense" scene. His house is all deserted looking, gated up, random teenagers in his pool, and the neighbor seeing him. Clearly it's not a huge deal to him as he just says hello... and no one is sure exactly what the date is or the situation is at that point, BUT given the state of the house, some **** has definitely gone done and you'd think just maybe it would at least have the potential to be dangerous to go back there.

Making new ricin seems a LOT easier and safer than going back to what effectively looks like a crime scene of sorts to find the one you stashed, assuming its still there.

It only bugs me because it seems like the ricin has become a BIG focal point. It's lead to the Jesse epiphany (and I get why they had to steal it from Jesse to get him thinking Gus did it). It's an item that they've tried to use multiple times. It's a big thing that Walt has gone back to get. It's almost a character in itself..

I get its not quite as easy as going to the grocery and buying a pack of gum to make, but seems almost that easy. And if that were the case, and Walt had hidden a pack of gum in his house, and later needed a pack of gum to use, wouldn't he just go to a store and buy a pack of gum, instead of risk going back.... UNLESS there is something special about this particular pack of gum. Maybe its just that emotional attachment for Walt... full circle kind of thing.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Is it possible that maybe it's really not all that easy to get? I don't recall the specifics behind what they needed to make it.

6. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Skyler : Are we going to have sex anymore?

Walt : Are we going to have sex anymore? Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you see? When the 300 rocks on the driveway or when Carol calls the Police complaining about the loud banging noise from our house, who do you think is responsible for them. Let me clue you in Skyler, I'm not gay. When you see Hal on roller skates, you think that is me? No. I'm the one who bought the skates so that I can be at his house.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Castor beans, but I have no idea how you get them.

8. mmn

mmn Member

The 5 hour energy was shown 55 minutes into the episode. 5 minutes left in the episode, with 5 episodes remaining in season 5.

9. mmn

mmn Member

I wonder how much 5 Hour energy paid for that.

That video I posted had ~1k views up until yesterday and it is up to 53k today. Did it get posted on reddit?
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Do19-dITUxc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Walt asked for the instruction manual for the M60. Why would he need the instruction manual for a gun? I read a theory on reddit that suggests he will break it down and rebuild it or something of that nature (SCIENCE!).

10. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

maybe he poisoned someone with the ricin
    and he doesnt want to leave the evidence

11. mmn

mmn Member

I wanted to post how stupid that breaking bad season leak was where Walt poisons Jesse with the ricin was on here. How anyone could believe that crap after episode two (burying the money made sense if you watched the first episode which was already out) is beyond me. You could tell by the way everything was written that he no longer knew what was coming after the first episode. It was nothing but fan fiction.

Why would he poison someone with the ricin if it is still there? It looks to be the same amount as well.

We know he has a plan to use the M60 and the ricin in one grand finale scene. Every season he has a science moment (making blue sky, rigging a bomb to Mr. Salamanca, robbing a train, escaping a handcuff with electricity, making an RV battery, mustard gas on crazy 8, you got 1 thing wrong tuco this is not meth, etc.

The cold opener for the next episode could be how Walt poisoned Brock.

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think he will take the Ricin himself. Go on a rampage and then die a few days later.

In the diner scene, he has a New Hampshire ID. I am wondering if he utilized Sauls guy to try to move him (and maybe his family) to a new place with new IDs. I am thinking the family gets murdered and he goes with the large gun for revenge.

I don't believe Jesse will turn on Walt. I know how the trailer for next week makes it sound but I don't believe it.

13. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

In the teaser for the next episode, is Jesse walking towards the DEA office?

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

There's gotta be a better way of offing yourself than taking Ricin. It's not painless and takes 3-5 days to die.

I don't think they made it look easy. They did a "meth montage" and he was using a bunch of equipment. If he's just rolling back into town, he probably doesn't have all his gear handy. But even beyond that, there's likely a time issue too. It takes a while to make and maybe Walt's not that interested in wasting time. Again, still just simpler to pick up the old supply.

15. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Well if you recall in season 5B's first episode when Skyler was outside of the car wash, Walt came out and suggested that they move the 5 Hour Energy boxes by the cash register. I remembered that and chuckled to myself upon seeing that in this last episode.

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

17. FishBulb913

18. mmn

mmn Member

Any chance marie stops jesse from burning the house down? Maybe she is inside waiting for walt jr to come home since she thinks they may still be in danger. She may have parked on the street and let her b**** ass in.

Jesse said not to you when hank asked him are you ready to talk in the interrogation room. That implies he wants to give up heisenberg, but not to hank. The only other person that knows is marie. Who else can he talk to? I believe she will convince jesse to talk to hank.

19. FishBulb913

When Jesse said "not to you" it was because he saw Saul coming in.