1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC] Breaking Bad - Season 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The flash forwards are clearly leading towards the end game. Having the end game being Walt giving somebody else an M60 to do some killing for him would be anticlimactic. As Vince Gilligan has said a million times by now, the goal of the series was to "turn Mr. Chips into Scarface." I want to see Walt in Scarface mode.

Besides, Walt asked the arms dealer if there was a manual. If Walt was handing it off to someone else, he'd hand it off to someone who knew how to use it. If Walt's asking for a manual, he's planning on using it himself.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Oh, ****...i don't want to read about what Vince G says. dammit.

I didn't need to know that. So, you think Walt is going to launch a missle threw a door? really? Especially after Vince says it has already been done????????????

Vince is just throwing you off...just like I said about another reason to quit chemo...which he didn't mention. My reason, when in hiding...is much more likely than all the reason he said on Talking Bad, combined. You have to stop your previous life...otherwise, they will find you. Which includes chemo appointments.

Stop listening to Vince...he is like JVG as a coach...he's going to throw you off the track to surprise you.

3. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Vince Gilligan has said that so many times, I'm not sure how you wouldn't know that if you're a big fan. He said that in the documentary for the pilot that his pitch to the networks was about a guy who turns from Mr. Chips into Scarface- and literally 100s of times since then. It doesn't mean it's going to be like that literally, but somehow, I would guess that Walt is involved in a firefight- and probably against more than one individual (like Jack and his gang).

Although there's never a definitive with this show (even Gilligan said that the beginning scene of season 5's first episode, the one where Walt is at a Denny's on his 52nd birthday, was one in which they had one idea how it would play out and then changed it), it's very likely that Walter White will be taking on someone with that machine gun- it would be out of character for him to get that gun for someone else's use, as he has used guns before.

Personally, I think that Walt dies and Hank lives, and I have no idea about any of the other characters. It's like The Exorcist- ultimately, it's a triumph of good over evil, but the writers take you through hell to get there. Same with BB- for all his veiled racism and other flaws, Hank still represents the good, and he is most likely the last one standing.

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

i know walt will probably be killed off, but i don't want him to. good sometimes does not triumph over evil. someone at work said they'd be "so pissed" if hank dies and walt lives. i don't understand why.....why be predictable? i'm holding out hope walt somehow evades punishment for everything he's done.

5. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Totally. I want him to fake his death, disappear, start all over (with or without Sky/Walt Jr.). That would be a satisfying ending to me.

Maybe the last scene could be him walking into an RV dealership or something...hinting that Heisenberg will live on.

6. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i started my journey about 5 weeks ago, a friend gave me season 1 on a flash drive along with the battle star galactica mini series, i watched battle star and then decided to watch breaking bad, after that on aug 1 i signed up for a free netflix account (which reminds me, i need to cancel it) to watch the rest of BB, i started reading this thread when it was on page 85 and probably have read about 95% of this thread, i was able to watch episode 11 of season 5 live,

reading through this thread while catching up on season 5 has been really entertaining thank you for contributing to my entertainment, a few thoughts

walter white is a piece of **** i'm sorry if you dont see it any other way, he began being a piece of **** when he let the janitor take the fall for the stolen stuff in season 1,

in my opinion he didnt let jane die he killed her, she threatened walter for jesse's money and so he killed her, (yes i know he only watched)

the fly episode sucked

the back story to jesse buying the rv from combo was really awesome

do people still crawl to the shrine?

gus' death was an awesome ode to two face

after the first episode i thought i'd hate hank, he's not that bad and skyler almost made me quit watching the series at the beginning of season 5

i think people tend to overlook the compression of the series of events and find faults with it, there are a lot of unrealistic things about the show, most of which are acceptable because the story is so good

watching the transformation of walt, the guy who was laughed at at the car wash to the guy who implicitly threatened the life of his dea agent brother in law, has been a great story to watch

i look forward to watching the death of walter white, im a go for the bad guy type of guy, but bad guys should die in the end (even some good guys) because they deserve death

7. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Plus there's bound to be time in the last 5 eps for a Crucifictorious gig

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XgIxixJjyHU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

same, I'm all in on Walt winning!!!!!

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The M-60 seems like it has to be for Jack's gang.

I'll guess Walt returns to protect Hank/Marie (or get revenge for them being killed). Or could be Jesse instead of Hank. In that case Walt could go after Hank or Todd/Jack.

Using the ricin on Lydia would seem likely in that scenario as she would likely be separate from them the vast majority of the time.

I do expect the series to end with at least one big question remaining.

#1989 juicystream, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Probably need to kill METH DAMON [I like that] and his crew

Rocket River

11. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Something about the giant machine gun makes me think that it is not going to go down that way.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Like Marlo in THE WIRE?
    I think a lot of people were unsatisfied with that
    as much as having Omar not live

In this situation
    OMAR = Hank
    Marlo = Walt

ONE QUESTION: In this whole series, outside of Jesse and his crew, HAS WALTER RUN INTO A SINGLE METH-HEAD? I don't think they have shown him actually face what his product is doing at any point and time. [Jesse and his boys seem more like Reefer-Addicts than Meth.]

Rocket River

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Glad to hear I've got some company.

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

When he went looking for Jesse and sent him to rehab, Walt went into the building with nothing but people that were high as could be. He saw exactly what becomes of people.

15. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I laughed so hard when I first saw it.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You know what's so awesome?? Spoilers of other shows!!!

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm thinking Walt's family dies within the next two or three episodes.

Without them, Walt has no humanity left and has to justify all his past actions to himself. Total bad mode.

Man who has everything but nothing to make it worth it.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

To repeat again, why doesn't he just make some more? We're not talking about plutonium here? I don't understand this aspect of the show. He's made ricin twice already, just make more if you need more...

19. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i'm not down with Walt winning. he's a bane to society. doing everything to protect family is fine and dandy but not if it affects other innocent people. trying to vindicate himself for losing out on grey matter isn't justification for creating a meth empire. his total disregard for human life for his own benefit is egotistical and selfish. i hope jesse blasts his ass to belize.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I don't think him staying alive... while his family is dead, his cancer is untreated, and he spends the rest of his days in constant fear of his life, would be equal to him "winning".

There are far worse ways for Walt to end up instead of simply being killed. He could outlast all these issues... and still end up losing big.