1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC] Breaking Bad - Season 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chuck 4, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

New Trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LwTzOH8T5Kc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

July 17th!

If anyone hasn't watched this show yet, immediately Netflix it. Probably my favorite show on the tube right now. Anyone else here watch?

2. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

I can't wait! It feels like Season 3 ended so long ago. We didn't start watching it until after Season 2 ended - once we watched one, we just watched episode after episode after episode. The only other shows that hooked me like that were Lost and The Wire. Breaking Bad is a seriously great show.

3. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

Ditto... my wife and I did not give this show a shot until after S2 ended - and we just consumed every episode of the first 2 seasons nonstop for a course of 2 weeks...

I may have to go back and watch S3 again b/c I'm a bit blurry on the plotlines - though I do remember exactly how the last scene of S3 ended - which got me totally hyped for S4!!!!

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Best show on television

5. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

geez.. one year between season 3 and season 4

6. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Other than Rockets games, this is pretty much the only show on television that I actually go out of my way to watch.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

jumped the shark last season. the storylines just went way outlandish. i like the characters but it lost its realism

believe me, i was on board from day one. mad men has done a much better job of keeping its edge.

skyler is so damn fine, i was hurt when she slept with the boss

8. A00man

A00man Member

Second best show only to Mad Men. Can't wait for season 4! Season 3's finale was one of the best I've seen from any show. What an amazing ending!

9. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

about ****ing time...

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Couldn't disagree more.

The storylines have become larger but i think that is exactly the path that the character is taking. When you move from producing a couple of pounds a week in a RV out in the desert to producing hundreds of pounds a week in a custom built hidden lab, you are going to be subjected to larger problems.

11. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

only thing really outlandish was the MM brothers persona.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i guess, but i just missed the grittiness of the first two seasons. it was more character driven, now its more plot driven, and i don't think that's a good way to go. but i guess you can only explore characters so much

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Best show on tv, can't wait

You must not have watched "the fly" episode

14. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Okay, that was a really bad trailer... seemed almost like a fanmade trailer. All it did was show clips from past seasons and provide dialogue clips about things that have already happened.

For this upcoming season, I really, really, really hope that they do not kill off Gus. I know Walt and Gus are at odds.. hope they can reconcile the relationship so Gus can stay on the show.

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Gus has to be safe for at least half the season. Things haven't even escalated between him and the guys that run the cartel right?

16. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Yeah, the Cartel coming over was just hinted at in the season finale.. so I guess Gus will be seeing a lot more of them in the next season.

I just can't see Walt/Jesse working for Gus in the lab anymore. Just seems like Walt/Jesse or Gus has to go...

17. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

After reading the comments, I've got two things to reply to:

1) Yes, this just might be the best show on TV & I don't feel last year was any less intense than the first 2 seasons.

2) I've tried Mad Men so many times and I guess I just don't get the appeal. Everyone said "oh, just wait. It gets better!" I almost made it through two seasons before I finally just decided it must not be for me. I just feel like nothing happens.

Sorry for the derail. Just figured since it was an AMC show, I'd throw that in there. :grin:

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

completely agree on both counts. I really liked some earlier episodes of MadMen but it got to a point where I just didnt care about the characters anymore and the the story wasnt griping enough for me.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

are you sure that's not a fan made trailer? I didn't see any new footage.

20. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member