1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amazon] To Prime or not to Prime?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Garner, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Never gonna happen, this is just HBO finding another revenue stream for their older, less popular content without relying on advertisers. Cable providers will always give as big a portion as necessary to keep HBO and make direct streaming less profitable, this is why you never read about them cat-fighting the way they do with ESPN and broadcast channels.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/national_world&id=9531349

Will this sway any of you?

3. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Being in Austin, I've received packages on Sunday morning before. I was like "wtf? cool"

5. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

get off your ass

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Band of Brothers, sweet!

I've seen the series several times, but every time there's a marathon, I somehow manage to miss the first episode. I've literally never seen it.

9. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

The first episode is great but there is no action at all and a lot of David Schwimmer just being a douche. It does a lot for the series though. I was excited to see that The Pacific will be on there as well. I haven't seen any of it.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, Schwimmer kills it in this role, which was a HUGE surprise the first time I saw him. I've seen parts of the first episode but not the whole thing.

The Pacific is great. It's a little more character-driven than BoB which means there's not as much action, but stick with it and you won't be disappointed.

11. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

FYI, you can share a Prime account with three other people and split the costs. And no personal info is shared between each other. The only downside is that only the primary account can stream videos. It's how I've saved money before I used the student discount.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Streaming will never be a legitimate alternative to subscription television as long as Comcast and AT&T monopolize internet service.

****ing ridiculous that the two top cable TV providers are also allowed to control ISPs.

MURICA.

(Save us Google)

13. So Good

So Good Member

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Have not checked it out on my phone, but seems cool in browser.

15. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

It's got a lot of work to do with it's app. It sprinkles in a lot of the music that is not available to prime so you click on an album or song that you think is available to you, only to see that you have to buy it.

Right now I can't even search for a song or artist in the prime music category. I can only sort by genre and then scroll through the selection.

I'm sure it will improve but it's still a long ways from being a spotify killer. the first step in the right direction was making it available to all devices. That's something their instant video is not doing in the android world.

16. So Good

So Good Member

You're right...I haven't checked it out yet, just got an email saying it's available.

If they go towards what Spotify is then I'll be stoked. It would suck if the only free music they offer are music that most people don't like.

17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

It's not a great music selection, but it's alright.

18. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Maybe eventually but not right now. They have 1 million songs compared to 20 million on Spotify. So far nothing they offer makes me want to drop Netflix or Spotify, both of which I subscribe to. It's nice to know it's just part of my already paid for Prime membership though.

19. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/...zon-launches-onehour-delivery-service-in.html

finaaaaaaaaaaaallllly. IM NEVER LEAVING MY HOUSE

20. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member