1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amazon Prime]The Lord of the Rings - Series

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by daywalker02, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Chris Pratt starring as Brittney Griner

Jontro likes this.
  2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Alright I'll give it a watch for the laughs, I have Prime but will Pirate it instead because I don't support woke media...

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

dam you right, chris pratt playing a trans blek woman is injenius

Salvy likes this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Gina Carano would be my 2nd choice to play Brittney Griner in a movie about how she became a world wide drug smuggler for de Russian cartels

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

iono breh. tom cruise would be great for that. he’s already played one before too, so he’s the obvious pick

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Damn you for bringing up the skin color (for a damn fictional race). I didn't even notice it until reading this thread. It was hard to no longer notice it watching eps 3. Good thing it did not at all impact my enjoyment of the eps.

And talking about skin color and the need to change skin color (wokism!). The biggest wokism act ever of changing skin color in the history of mankind is changing the real Jesus of Nazareth's skin color from non-white to white.

Get over it.

Eps 3 is really good.

GRENDEL, arno_ed and Jontro like this.
  7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Oh that's a really good choice, what if Tom Cruise plays young Brittney as she is growing up and struggling fitting in... Like in flashbacks and stuff while Chris Pratt plays adult Griner...

Jontro likes this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

their heights check out. i think having elton john play the old brittney would be great too

Salvy likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

early christians were the tru woke. jesus blek

JumpMan and tinman like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They broke the budget with the scenery but I zone out during the Hobbit scenes and think it's streaming filler for making back the budget.

At least they don't go into a song and dance like the books

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm surprised people are hating on this show. This feels very LOTR to me. This has more intrigue than HOT D, In my opinion.

Yung-T and clos4life like this.
  12. clos4life

clos4life Member

The hate has nothing to do with the show, just people butthurt minorities are getting jobs.

Yung-T, Invisible Fan and DreamShook like this.
  13. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

E3 was better than the first two. I like the Elendil character. Seems to work well with Galadriel. His daughter, Earien is mad stacked.

upload_2022-9-10_11-44-0.png

Also, I hate all of the Harbbits. They all suck.

GRENDEL likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

yeah, but even people who's opinion I trust on YouTube said they thought the show was pretty but it was boring with all the talking. which is surprising to me when they are just setting up all the storylines and characters.

I dont know. I like ROP so far much more than the talking on HOT D. I know we are all going to be comparing these two shows until the end of time.

Yung-T, Beezy and clos4life like this.
  15. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Just a reminder the Elendil is supposed to be over 7' tall, almost 8' tall actually.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I’ve now watched episode 4 of HOTD and episode 3 of LOTR and agree completely.

HOTD is better with the scenery and overall “realistic” feel but the story is a complete snooze fest. Basically nothing happens, ever, that I am any way feel like I should care about.

whereas in LOTR I’m definitely invested in the storylines of which there are multiple - as opposed to the one in HOTD which isn’t that exciting (who will rule next?!? OMG… can’t wait to find out!!!!! End sarcasm)… but some of it just looks too fake.

I’ll keep watching both lol

Yung-T and DreamShook like this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree with this. I would much rather have HOT D intrigue, but it's giving me nothing (so far). If there were more story lines to focus on instead of just the Targaryens, I think I would like HOT D more.

18. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I really enjoy both shows. They both have certain aspects which I love. I am really happy with how many good (or at least enjoyable) Fantasy shows have been made recently.

Not saying that you do not, but to all the people feeling the need to compare the shows, You can enjoy them both without comparing them.

Rashmon likes this.
  19. Beezy

Beezy Member

I thought episode 3 was quite good. Enjoyed the Halbrand stuff. Numenor looked great, from the aerial shots to the street level stuff. The tournament and King's Landing flyovers in HOTD looked way more "fake" IMO.

Yung-T likes this.
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Loved episode 3. They're still building the storyline and that's cool. The Hobbits/Harfoot are still wimpy lollipop guild members of a bygone era but you know somehow they'll save everything. That whole "left behinds" is kinda creepy and African wilds-like. lol.
    Galadriel looks like she could be a bad-ass character in-the-making. Loved her in the 3rd episode.
    Halbrand is a bit of a mystery to me, but the fight scene was a bit out of nowhere which proved to be intriguing into who he is.
    I also like the Elendil character/acting so far, but waiting for more on him.
    Numenor was beautiful - especially that arrival.

#160 Dr of Dunk, Sep 12, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    boomboom, Yung-T and Invisible Fan like this.