1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amazing Cav Choke Job

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by apostolic3, Mar 2, 2006.

1. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Count me in to the camp that questions LeBron's mettle when the going gets tough in crunch time. He bricked two free throws a minute ago.

The game isn't over yet, but LeBron is playing like a girly man. Luol Deng just drew an offensive foul. If the Cavs lose, I want to hear what LeBron says postgame.

2. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Don't forget the horrendous pass he just made now that was a sure turnover, only helped by the Bulls' ineptness in securing the ball and not make stupid mistakes.

Reggie Miller isn't letting him off the hook though, he's grilling him with "why aren't you" questions.

BTW, check this thread:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=109612

#2 tigermission1, Mar 2, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  3. tigermission1

Well at least he won't be booed, he's not playing at home...

I just want him to take the shots and make the plays, make or miss...I don't understand why he shies away from it! It makes no sense to me, TAKE THE DAMN SHOT! YOU'RE THE SUPERSTAR DAMN IT!

Edit: Wow! They just showed his stats in the last thirty seconds of a game. :eek:

Moreover, his teammates fed off his choking job late in this game and they choked at the FT line as well.

4. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

What are they?

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

okay...you can say what you want about lebron, I'm not a cavs fan...but dude is 21 years old and is one of the top 5 players in the nba. he's going to make mistakes. he's also going to have bad games like everyone else.

it's hard to fathom how good is going to be when he's 28 or 29. I suggest yall leave the guy alone.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No doubt, I would trade anyone on the Rockets for him RIGHT NOW.

DD

7. tigermission1

Duh! Of course you would, he's only 21...anyone would.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

See... Thats the thing. Everyone thinks hes a top 5 player when hes not. Id rather have playoff Giniboli or playoff McGrady among others. But ya if your building a long term franchise Id take Lebron.

9. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

That's just crazy. Lebron is a lot better than Ginobili at everything even right now.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Except the will to win.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Im pretty sure its not Ginobili taking the final shots to win games,TD anyone.I remember Ginobili choking among others when the Lakers swept them after they took the first two.

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Its 50/50 between the two. In fact it might be leaning towards Manu. Popvich is very comfortable with Manu directing plays when the game is on the line. It was Ginobbli making the big plays late in the game and in playoffs last year when TD was struggling.

Both TD and Manu have a strong will. Thats why they are champions. LBJ is young and he hasnt figured that out yet. He may in the future. We will have to wait and see.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Actually the chokemaster in that series was Tony Parker, not Manu.

14. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

The talent disparity is too large. You're not comparing T-Mac to Kobe, you're comparing Lebron freakin James to Manu Ginobili.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

No doubt. Thats why I said LBJ is better than Manu in everything EXCEPT the will to win a game.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Anyone NOT NAMED YAO

what happened to the famous DD
    TALL TALENT > SHORTER TALENT equation

Rocket RIver

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

:confused:

He makes the playoffs. . if that is what you mean
    but
    40 pt losses hurt

technically T-Mac has yet to GET IT DONE in the Playoffs

Rocket River

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

yes substitute manu for lebron and you tell me that the cavs would have a better record? you are not thinking right. you think manu is better because why? because he is healthier? because he scores more? rebounds better? passes better? defends better? which one of these things does manu do better that makes you think he is a better player than lebron?

manu has never even averaged over 30 mpg in his nba career. he is a top notch role player who does a ton of little things great but the bottom line is he is not a franchise player like lebron who can put a team on his back and make up for the short comings of his teammates.

19. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

...and Ginobili IS a top 5 player?

McGrady isn't exactly clutch in the playoffs, either...I seem to remember McGrady led teams choking away 3-1 and 2-0 series leads...

Besides, Ginobili plays for the spurs, so he's automatically a gay homosexual...

20. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Who in their right mind would compare LeBron to Ginobili? You are aware that James is only 21, right?