1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Amare's comments after the sweep...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Jeff Who, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Listening to his comments now and I am shocked...

Q: What was the difference between the 1st and 2nd half for you? Back?

Amare: "The back felt pretty bad it was just determination and wanting to win"

Did he just say he wasn't focused in the 1st half and didn't put the right effort?

On their season: "We had a phenomenal year..." - Wow, it sure was phenomenal.

On what needs to change: "blah, blah, blah, the community needs to do a better job" - are you kidding me, you're competitive on the road you come back and just let a team crash you in front of your fans without saying a word... what do you expect? fans have to pay heavy dollars to see you play so they expect you to at least try (see Carter)

Not what you want from your leader moving forward...

2. houseofglass21

He didn't seem upset or disappointed at all in that press conference. Seemed like he could care less and was glad it's vacation time

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

he's telling the truth...they quit early and didnt want it...I kind of felt like they wanted to get thrown out (amare and melo) when they shoved Delonte.

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

You are overreacting

5. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

People thought they wouldn't make playoff. They did. They lost to a better team in playoff. I think Amare did his job this year.

6. engr chris

engr chris Member

Watch out for the Knick next year. They would be a pretty good team

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

No, the Knicks were in the East. Most people thought they could make it to the playoffs.

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Looks like the ny coaching job will be opening soon.

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Neither he, Melo, their fans or anyone in that organization should be satisfied with a 1st rd sweep no matter how many years it has been since they were in the playoffs. Their season was slightly above average and they have two stars with an aging PGuard and that is about it.

I do think they will be okay and just need to get some pieces around those two guys to challenge for home court next season. Orlando doesn't scare anyone, Atlanta was barely better then them this season and Philly is still young.

10. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Unless they make significant changes, I doubt it.

11. plates300

plates300 Member

yeah there's not much to keep outside of the starters, Anthony Carter, and Turiaf. Rest of the team is garbage.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What's up with the Amare hate on here anyway? We analyzing press conferences now?

Give it up, Yao is done and Amare is still playing in the league, there is no competition anymore, Amare had a better career than Yao, made it to WCF etc.

Knicks had a better year than the Rockets, made the Playoffs. Have two superstars to Houston's zero.

I'd much rather be in Knicks position than Houston's right now, all they need to do is fire d'antoni and get role players.

13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Talk about hate, you just pulled that one out of your ass. No one said anything about Yao or the Rockets.

2 people like this.
  14. VanityHalfBlack

LOL, I know right?? What was that all about....

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the Rockets finished 43-39 and were the 9th seed, NYK 42-40 as the 6th.

16. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

The Rockets won more games than the Knicks counting NYK's playoff games. The Rockets also won the same number of playoff games. :)

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

a team that made the playoffs had a better year than a team that didn't.

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

people need to relax and stop overreacting on every damn thing athletes say.

the knicks were injured in this series. i'll give htem a pass. and teaming stars together for only 25 games is not enough to develop enough chemistry.

and d'antoni can't coach D to save his life

19. gah

gah Member

I don't know what's more shameful, barely missing the playoffs in the superior conference or being swept out of them the way the Knicks were.

20. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

[​IMG]