1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amar'e to spend 50k a week to train with Hakeem

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ktbballplaya, Jul 22, 2012.

1. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Its not like its going to help him much. Melo is going to take all the touches.

2. Mr.Rocket85

Mr.Rocket85 Member

3. psingh34

psingh34 Member

I have watched a few of dreams training videos and I think what he tries to get the players to do is think like him not neccesary make moves like him.. so he teaches them to have counters, set up one move with another etc and you can see lebron did that alot .. in the video that somone posted he goes in and attacks the basket in the paint the first couple of times then hits 3 to 4 straight fade aways .. they didnt look like dreams but the concept was the same

1 person likes this.
  4. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

His time ain't free

5. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

Sources:grin:

6. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

hilarious

7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

That's chump change ... Wouldn't you gladly pay that to learn skills that can earn you 100 -200 -even 300 THOUSAND PER GAME x 82 c'mon man that's like me or you buying a pair of shoes.

8. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

He played good this game not taking anything away from him. But who is Boston's best defender? It has been Proven that if you have someone committed to play "D" on him his jump shot is ineffective. Not just this one game minimize into a 6 min clip, this past season . If you have nobody to D him up of course hes going to go bonkers on your team. Hes not a great shooter. Great Athlete, yes. His basketball IQ is not that great. Get a PF or C that's committed to clogging the paint and see how dominant LBJ is.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? IQ is as good as it gets and there is NOBODY that can check him that's why he regularly goes bonkers. Boston is and always has been one of the best team defenders for years. Lebron isnt a bad shooter so him not being a "great" shooter means nothing. Also he added the floater to his arsenal so clogging the paint is ineffective especially with his passing ability.

9. Mr.Rocket85

Mr.Rocket85 Member

Are you serious? IQ is as good as it gets and there is NOBODY that can check him that's why he regularly goes bonkers. Boston is and always has been one of the best team defenders for years. Lebron isnt a bad shooter so him not being a "great" shooter means nothing. Also he added the floater to his arsenal so clogging the paint is ineffective especially with his passing ability.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGA8PBfztYE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And this is just an all star game, making a across the body pass to the corner with defenders in the passing lanes. He's done it in reg season games. Boston is pass their prime. I stand by my comments that if you D him up and/or the defender in a half court game does not allow LBJ to get comfortable he will not go crazy on you. Will he get his? Of course. His Basketball IQ is not a great. Why do you think it took him that long to go work with someone on his game? He still can get better. imo

10. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

LOL he made a turnover so that means low bball iq? Nash,kobe,rondo and Dwill all avg more TO than lebron does that mean there IQ is low as well? I stand by my comment that NOBODY can D up lebron and that logic is very generic that goes for every single superstar in the NBA. Boston gave up 89 points a game this year which ranks 2nd so if thats past there prime please name me a team or player that can hold lebron? EVERY player can get better thats another generic comment that has absolutely nothing to do with bball IQ. Thinking you have all the answers and cant get better at something is foolish and naive. He realized something was missing from his game that got exposed in the Mavs series then he corrected it.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GxPM3Kd1eb8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Drop step, fake rotate to the baseline Barkley lived off it his whole
    career, and dream would do it then fake ya with his right hand then switch to his
    Left, and it was with ease. These power forwards, like Griffen,
    STAT, any forward with no moves need to learn from "THE DREAM"- even if
    It's just watching his footage on footwork, bc it is a lost art.

12. pli777

pli777 Member

It's money down the drain if he doesn't get the ball from Melo, what's the point?

1 person likes this.
  13. Raven

Raven Member

How much did Moses charge?

14. Mr.Rocket85

Mr.Rocket85 Member

@kt

So then you agree that he can get better at his game. I go on what I've been seeing throughout LBJ career. All those players you named are pg's and a sg they are the respected ball handlers for their team (or will be). That all-star game was a glorified pick up game that showed he was "supposed" to take the last shot. Me nor you have Cav or Heat film to break down. My comment is generic but it's true. His basketball IQ is not where it should be. He still has work to do. He joined Miami cause he got tired of being looked upon to carry his team time after time. When there are a few players of his caliber that thrive to be in those situations. And come up w/ the results. That all star game is not the only game where he failed b/c he wasn't focused. He even said "They wouldn't have won if Bosh wasn't on the court"…who says that? He suppose to be the "chosen one" of pro bball.

15. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

I agree that every player in the league can get better... He was looked to carry the heat which he did. What superstar thrives to play with scrubs?! You obviously just have a strong dislike for Lebron bc your view of him is very strange. The reasoning makes no sense Lebron is and always has been the primary ball handler for his teams the position listed doesn't matter. He creates the offense just as much if not more than the players I listed. So being humble and admitting that one of your teammates is important to your success means what? You hold on to lebron failures to ratify your view on him and overlook everything else. Its obvious whose bball iq is in question.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I guess they won't match that offer as well.

17. 123kid

123kid Member

Isn't that money going to charity and not in hakeem's pocket?? Thought I heard that.

18. 123kid

123kid Member

Mr.Rocket85 is d alter ego of RocketsPride. Explains everything....

19. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

I have a soft spot for Amare, so I hope he can learn a few things from the best.

But I don't know how much it can help, because you still have Melo, Amare, and Tyson clogging up the paint.

20. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

Sign Hakeem Morey!