1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amare Stoudemire commits to the mavs unfortunately

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by iNoseBleedRed, Feb 17, 2015.

1. dontfaulkup28

dontfaulkup28 Member

He isnt coming in to start lol it is similar to Josh Smith and like I said the change of scenery may be exactly what he needed......many vets have come to the mavs to help at the end of their career.....remember when Peja was washed up.....just saying

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Amare ca't even play back to backs off the bench man. He's not washed up because of coaching, he's just not the same player physically. His knees probably have one more season left in them. I wouldn't expect anything but maybe less than what Kaman brought when he was a Mav.

Better than Greg Smith though.

3. dontfaulkup28

dontfaulkup28 Member

Yeah that was honestly all he was brought in to do.....to improve our big men and for what was available this is prob the best the mavs could have done......I am just hoping that some of the mavericks good luck when it comes to injuries stays. One can dream lol.......One thing is a key though especially watching mavs games, the second unit will be a ton better......because if you watch players were not protecting the paint at all with smith out there so they would stay closer to all the shooters basically daring Smith to take over but as we all know that wont happen lol....At least now the shooters will be open a tad more because regardless of what people think of Amare on D he is still a threat on the offensive end, plus he can still somewhat get up there to dunk when needed so it will be nice to have another threat for Barea and harris to toss it up to (though his knees are far from what they used to be.....had 80+ dunks last season nothing special but not too bad)

Fun fact this will be the first team Charlie V has ever been on with more then 33 wins lol meaning he has already won more games this season then he has in any season in his career....I never realized how bad of teams he has been a part of

4. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

This is most definitely an upgrade, but not a game changer for the Mavs. I still like our bench over theirs which is really all that matters right?

5. dontfaulkup28

dontfaulkup28 Member

I would agree currently the Rockets are a better team.....but the potential for the Mavs to be the better team is now there where as before I do not think it was

6. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Lol ok Arab rocket settle down settle down no need to blow up at me like that

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Were there *really* 27 dontfaulkups before you registered? Sorry if you have been asked that already.

maybe it's a Mavs thing.

8. dontfaulkup28

dontfaulkup28 Member

No hahahaha actually it is a St.Louis Rams thing.....Marshall Faulk is my favorite player and he wore 28 aka Dont"Faulk"Up28

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Oh okay, pretty funny. I assumed it was about the agent or something! LOL.

11. HTM

HTM Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

According to Charlie Pallilo, Amare's Offensive Dominance in his hey day was really close to Hakeem's. Yesterday. I kid you not. I haven't laughed so hard from sports radio in a while.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lol i Nose bleed red I see what you did there.

14. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

He's getting for the rebound, of course!

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

And Chandler Parson would be 18.

16. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

good. now D Mo will make toast out of this ole geezer.Kinda hard to keep up when your wheels are bad I hear .

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

When Josh blows through him for a slam Friday night you will have your answer.

18. dontfaulkup28

dontfaulkup28 Member

It is a back to back lol he wont play

19. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

For a couple years in Phoenix he was unstoppable. He had his face up drive or J down pat.

Not quite Hakeem but he was nothing to sneeze at.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This is my first thought. That team is already shaky defensively and he is going to make things worse. I think he will make things exponentially worse. He just has that aura about him.