1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amare Stoudemire an All-Star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coolpet, Dec 31, 2002.

1. coolpet

coolpet Member

Rookie Amare Stoudemire.

"With Amare playing like an All-Star, it's hard to beat us," Marbury said after the 20-year-old forward scored 19 points and snared 13 rebounds in a 103-84 Phoenix victory Sunday. "This was Amare's game.

"He's been playing like an All-Star. If (Houston's) Yao Ming is going to make it, then Amare for sure would make it. That's not even close."

Stoudemire, told of Marbury's remarks, said, "That's a pretty bold statement right there. But I think I'm doing just as well (as Yao).

"Yao Ming just seems to get a lot more hype than I do, which is good. I'd rather not have that much hype and just do my job."

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/1230sunsnb1230.html

No Way! Yao is getting double and tripple teamed, Stoudemire is not in the same class as YAO! :mad:

2. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I'm glad to see Stoudemire isn't showing signs of Shaqitus;) "Yao Ming just seems to get a lot more hype than I do, which is good. I'd rather not have that much hype and just do my job."

He's definitly an all star in years to come but not this year in the pf loaded west. He'll probably be better than Brand one day considering he's what , 18?

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I'm not positive, but I thought I heard an ESPN guy call him 20. That's a lot older than I would have thought him to be.

4. CY02

CY02 Member

He's 20 because he changed high schools every month.

He and his teammates only wanted to create hype for him. But that didn't change the fact that Yao is going to be an All-Star starter for the next 10 years and he is not (at least not this year).

5. E.J. Tucker

E.J. Tucker Contributing Member

This is the same Marbury that just had the article saying how much better Stoudemire was then Garnett at the same point coming out of high school. How Stoudemire is the type talent that only comes along every 15-20 years.

Maybe instead of being concerned about Garnett and Yao Ming he needs to be concerned with where his latest pot bust is coming from, and which team he will be with next.

Now Stoudemire may be a great talent, but any GM in the league given the choice between Garnett, Ming or Stoudemire would let the third picker have Stoudemire.

6. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

Marburys an idiot. I've never liked the way he plays and now I don't like what comes out of his mouth...

" ...that's not even close."

WHAT?!

STuart

7. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

nah, he's 20 because he was born 20 years ago :D

8. moomoo

moomoo Member

Did anyobody see Amare in the game against the T-Wolves? He was just plain SICK!

From watching that game and from Yao's recent struggles, it's easy to see how he passed Yao in the ROY race.

But an All-Star, in the chock-full-of-power-forward West? I don't think so. Not yet anyway.

9. coolpet

coolpet Member

NO! nobody passes Yao! :D

10. CY02

CY02 Member

Why did everyone say Yao's struggling? He averaged 15.3 pts in the last 3 games which is above his season average and in limited mins as well.

11. coolpet

coolpet Member

because I was spoiled by his 20+ points, 10+ rebounds, 3+ blk and shooting 90%+ performance in previous games :D

12. basketball

basketball Contributing Member

Tim Duncan, Chris Webber, Elton Brand, Rasheed Wallace, Kevin Garnett(PF/SF), Nowitzski (PF/SF). Just a few names that might be a little better than Armare at this time. May be all rookies but not all star at PF in the West. Yao is considering the 2nd best center in the league. There are about 7-8 PF in the league that are ahead of Armare at this time. So the comparison that Marbury make (as to if Yao can make the all star team so can Armare) is a littlle bit off. He still have a way to go before he can make the All Star in the West as a PF. When the defense start to gear toward him, it will be a litttle more difficult to play.

13. Just B

Just B Member

With competition like that, Amare's gonna have to play really really well to EVER play in the all-star game. If he was in the East on the other hand, he'd probably start this year.:D

14. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

here's what Marbury had to say after the wolves game

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recaps/20021230/phomin.html

"This kid is so far gone," Marbury said of his teammate. "You talk about (Houston rookie) Yao Ming. I wouldn't take Yao Ming over that kid ever, 7-6 or no. It's not even close."

"(Garnett) doesn't even compare to Amare," Marbury said. "It's not even close. It's two different people. It's like Michael Jordan and Mario Elie. It's not even close."

"I won tonight," Garnett countered. "Since (Marbury) left, I've been in the playoffs every year. He hasn't. This is all about him being jealous. ... Since he left, he can't stop talking about Kevin Garnett. He has a family - a wife, three kids, big bills - and I'm still on his mind. It's like a girl. Yeah, like a girl. He just can't get me out of his mind. I'm bigger than all this. You guys know I'm more professional."

15. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

can someone tell me what's the problem between Marbury and Garnett?? :confused:

16. basketball

basketball Contributing Member

17. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I think the main reaason Marbury was traded was because he couldn't stand being in KG's shadow. He's a hater.

Marbury has always loved the spotlight. Too bad he's not gonna make the all star game again.

18. CY02

CY02 Member

The only way Marbury and his little teammate Stoudemire to make the ASG is moving to the Eastern Conf. They have no hope here in the West.

And did we need to remind them that we Rockets have 1-2 West starters?

:D

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

marbury is a moron in this case. first off just the lack of centers in the league puts ming in heavy consideration for all-star and really amare has nothing to do with that. secondly ming has been MUCH more consistent this season than stoudamire and last time i checked ONE game does not make a player the greatest player ever, ie: he has a long f-ing way to go before he's even close to garnett's level, stephon.

it's nice for him to stand up for his teammate, and certainly a future super-star, but if he cared at all about a championship or even practiced once with yao ming, abosolutely no doubt he would take him 10 times out of 10 over amare, next shawn kemp or not. c'mon a 7'6" guy with ridiculous offensive skills is taken first EVERY year.

"This kid is so far gone," Marbury said of his teammate. "You talk about (Houston rookie) Yao Ming. I wouldn't take Yao Ming over that kid ever, 7-6 or no. It's not even close."

see that right there is just STUPID. i love how all these guys call yao ming out. one reason: jealousy and their intmidated. why bother with a statement like that if you're truly the confident one. let the boy's game speak over time and shut up. i don't see mobley or steve calling out amare, they don't need to. why would they even worry about what he's doing.

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Remember that the last impression these guys have of Yao is when he just came into the league and Marbury made him fall to the floor. What until they get another look.