1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amare Stoudemire a Rocket? The Rockets will try but come up short

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by scola4, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Word and then we are giving up Battier and Artest. They both have struggled but with them out who in the hell would guard the other teams best teams with any type of success?

2. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

Why is everyone in love with Kirk Hinrich. I mean wow. and as for the poster above me. I know they say 3rd times a charm but that ship is history Steve Francis is NEVER COMING BACK!!!! you would think someone who just been brought out would work his butt off to play like he wants to so he says but when is the last time we actually heard something about him. Something coming from his own mouth

3. astros148

astros148 Member

i wouldnt trade battier n rafer, either of the two plus a 2nd round

4. astros148

astros148 Member

battier isnt good bro. stop drinking hte clutchfans kool aid

5. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Hinrich isn't good bro, stop drinking the bullsfans kool aid.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

You're trading Ron and Battier, both of them are our best defenders on this team.

It would be stupid to trade them both.

And both will not be traded anyway.

7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

We do? Why does SA (Duncan), Dallas (Dirk) or NO (West) envy our PF tandem? Or Phoenix (Amare), Utah (Boozer/Milsap), LA (Gasol), Portland (Aldridge) or Denver (K-Mart/Nene)? Basically every potential playoff team in the West has a PF that we couldn't trade ALL of ours for.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Well .... I've got nothing. Hard to argue with that.

:D

9. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

So true. But, I'd take Scola/Landry over West.

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

You have got to be kidding me! a consistent 20-7 threat who shoots the midrange jumper extremely well is much better than a guy who can only go in one direction + a guy who is on some nights and disappears others

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

David West is an overated piece of ****.

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

They may be the best 2/3 defenders we have, but they are replaceable if right deal comes around. Granted....I'd rather have Alston and Battier than Hinrich.

13. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Funny how when before the season started this team was considered loaded with PGs (even Rafer said that-take it for what its worth), although we still didn't (and still don't) have a quality STARTING PG that can take us over the top.

Nobody cared to think about our lack of depth at the SG/SF position huh? Tmac was coming off surgery, and that combined with his laziness....well.....you get the picture. I always knew that Artest's value was in his defense and dependable scoring ability (not necessarily be a playmaker with the ball in his hands) . Now we see clearly how not having a quality backup scorer can hurt us. Thank god for Wafer, but even so he's still not sufficient enough.

We need to groom /or find a quality Tony Allen type of player who can defend AND is capable of scoring off the dribble.

14. ThaShark316_28

David West is a bum.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Wow @ page 15.

Goodness every PF is now a bum outside of our Power Forwards. :rolleyes:

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The Rockets are 13th in PF scoring, 5th in FG%, and 6th in rebounding.

NO is 3rd, 23rd, and 29th, respectively according to 82games.com( http://www.82games.com/0809/BYPOSIT.HTM)

The Rockets aren't as bad as people think at PF if one looks at just the names and scoring/rebounding per game of the starter.

17. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

Forget about any other position guys all we need is a decent but good point guard. Rafer is cool i like him but his best days were when he was with Toronto and Miami. Even in Miami he was a back up and did a better job then starting. Rafer is back-up material and thats it. WE NEED A GOOD DAMN PG!!!!!!! Mike Bibby somebody plz. Morey work the phones. I'll even take Steve Blake, Mike Conely, or even Juan Dixion.

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Simple question. If Morey called the Hornets GM and said you can have all 3 of our PF's for West (ignore salaries...we are in fantasy land), do you think their GM would say yes. Put the dumbest GM in his place (i.e. Isiah or Jordan)...do you still think they would say yes?

Now imagine Morey sitting down and getting a call saying you can have West for every PF on your roster. Do you see him saying no? I see him running to the bathroom to find a towel because he got too excited....

19. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Our PFs fit the Adelman offense style. This team isn't desperate for a PF. We need a PG, someone who can run Adelman's offense better that REEFER.

20. redao

redao Member

David West's shooting percentage is 46.5%, he got only 7.6 rebounds in 38 miuntes. His PER is 18.45.

Scola got 8 rebounds in 28 minutes. Landry's PER is 17.6. Both are shooting better than 52%. Both are better jump shooter, better rebounder than West.

Plus, Landry has dunked 44 times this season, David West just dunked 19 times.

Landry's 3 point shooting Fg% is 100%. you can not top that.

Also, Morey said Landry will be top 10-15 PF....

no, Morey wont trade Scola + Landry for West.