1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amare Stoudemire a Rocket? The Rockets will try but come up short

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by scola4, Feb 6, 2009.

1. sab504

sab504 Member

Amar'e for Scola + Artest. Ger errr done baby.

Scola contract is going to expire and will need at least the MLE to keep him.
    Artest is also expiring. He wont resign for less than 9 mio a season.

These 2 things will hurt the rockets once we have to renew their contracts because we wont have enough $$. We rather just trade them for Amar'e now!

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

You are right. Now what PG can we acquire that will be an upgrade and still allow us to have cap room in 2010 if the whole things doesn't work?

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Megastahr, when dealing in the nba, its pretty slotted which makes deals easier to deal. Scolandry, Artest and head for Amare,Barnes and sims equals the money. Since most teams are over the cap, both teams have to be within 15%. Its not that hard. Whether phoenix does it is another story.

4. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

:p Amare not a bad idea, since my last pick Artest looks way past his best!
    Amare's best performances:
    PPG 26.0 04/05
    FG% 59.0 07/08
    3pt% 42.9 08/09
    FT% 88.9 05/06
    RBS 9.6 06/07
    Ast 2.0 08/09
    STLS 1.2 03/04
    BLOCKS 2.1 07/08
    TO 3.2 03/04
    Fouls 3.7 07/08
    Possibly Shaq and his attitude ! Which would be very different to Yao Ming and his frame of mind that Amare might just make the effort to fit with the rockets. Yet I say keep Scola , very experienced and pays well in Championships and Von Wafer as he could be our future crack 3 point shooter.
    Trade from McGrady, Artest Battier, Landry, Hayes and Head. :p

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i didn't even mention yao, so i have no idea what this is even suppose to mean.

6. uchlha

uchlha Member

would rather prefer we trade artest/landry/head/cash for amare

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he has an option in 2010 for 17 mill. When he resigns another long term deal, which it will be, you are looking to get into the 20 mill range fairly quickly. That just doesnt sit well with me.

but bottom line, poor PF play is not this teams problem. It's guard play and defense, neither of which amare brings.

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Did I miss something? When did scola play in a nba championship?
    Trade from McGrady, Artest Battier, Landry, Hayes and Head. :p[/QUOTE]

9. ibm

ibm Member

leebigez - another instance where we agree completely. :cool:

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I would probably do that, but they would definetly want the rockets to throw in Scola instead of Landry. The rockets would have an allstar front line for sure.

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

really? I would think Landry's younger age would be more beneficial to them and he seems like the type of player that would work well with Nash.

12. jump shooter

T-Mac, Battier, Brooks, Landry and Stoudamire would be a great lineup to close out games against some of the faster teams in the league.

13. jump shooter

You might be right, but I would think with Scola's play this year he would garner much more value on the trade front than Landry.

14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I don't know how this would work. Amare complains about the touches Shaq gets. Imagine how he would feel having to pound it in to Yao. :eek:

15. KeepItRocking

KeepItRocking Member

maybe he will defer to Yao because Yao can hook him up with some fine asian chicks. :D

16. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I love the thought of Amare/T-Mac/Yao on the same damn team but there is no way this goes down.

17. #96in the #

#96in the # Member

I like the sound of the trade but why me.(RonRon asking the team)

18. tested911

tested911 Member

Yao only receives 1.7 touches more than Shaq.. Big difference? Remember Amare will be absorbing Artest and Scola FGA's.

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think it's been discussed quite a bit here but touches are not the same as FGA. Yao touches the ball waaaaay more than Shaq and we play waaaaay slower than the Suns. It's pretty obvious that Amare would have to adjust his game, which he already seems reluctant to do.

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I find it hilarious that some people wouldn't like this trade.

1.Giving up Artest. I know he still has some supporters left ,but he's clearly not a fit on this team. Not to mention the fact we won't resign him.

2. A combination of Brooks, Landry, Head, ect.....is not a big loss at all. Landry is the best propsect of the group and he's nowhere near the talent level of Amare. Brooks has yet to show he's going to be anything special in this league (he's still young but certainly not a deal breaker), and Luther Head is worthless.

3. We are clearly not a championship team.

On Amare:

I completely agree with some people's concerns. He doesn't play defense and has clashed with coaches. That being said, he is nearly unstoppable on offense. A pick and roll tandem of TMac and him would be outstanding. He only is taking 14 shots a game this season and still averaging 21 pts. He still has tremendous athleticism, gets to the free throw line (shoots over 80&), shoots over 50% from the field, ect..... You take the chance.

Shaq is much different then Yao. Shaq has a history of not fitting in with guys. Even Nash has been vocal about his frustration with the offense. This deal is an absolute no brainer if you can make it.