1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AMA- I'm lesbian trans and don't want to indoctrinate your kids....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheJuice, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Nook

Nook Member

There is a lot of confusion about transitioning and a lot of people believe what they hear from people with a political agenda or what they want to hear.

It is very rare for a minor to have their genitalia changed. The overwhelming majority have lengthy counseling and some are put on puberty blockers.

Having said that, puberty blockers are a big deal and the physical impact is something that shouldn't be discounted.

It is something that is a relatively new popular debate in public forums.

Agreed and there are more intersex children than people realize.

It is anywhere from 1/250 to 1/50 people are born intersexed or with non standard genitalia.

That is equal to being born a twin, as far as the chance of it happening.

California a few years ago tried to ban the surgery and it did not pass.

Your point is taken though, a lot of attention is given to trans people and not much is given to intersex issues and both are more prevalent than people realize.

This is true, but again I would point out that the drugs that are given for transition are very nasty and strong. There are consequences from a health perspective. I support people having the right to transition but I think that sometimes advocates down play the toll it takes on the human body.

This is interesting. I have spoken to a lot of people and researches the issue a lot. I don't agree with you that cis women will be the ones that will suffer the most in sports. Indeed a lot of elite cis athletes do not want to compete with trans athletes and feel there should be a separate division for trans athletes because of advantages. I can see and understand both sides of the coin.

I do think that cis women are going to pay a big price in all of this, far more than cis men. Those that society view as women from birth are treated inferior, grow up in a patriarchy and have a number of disadvantages that someone that is born a male and transitions into a female do not suffer because they grew up in a society that viewed them as male. That doesn't mean that those that transition had it easy, that is not the case at all, but the perspective and life experience between cis and trans women are very different. There are a lot of trans women that still exhibit male entitlement for example.

2. Nook

Nook Member

If I were trans, I would likely avoid the locker room as well. Until society is more accepting of trans people and do not view it as a fetish or a threat, there is the chance for a confrontation or physical violence.

Agreed that a 7 year old should not see naked adults in a locker room regardless of sexual orientation.

TheJuice and jiggyfly like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who has a hanging dong at 7 years old?

How many 7-year-olds are going to be in lockerrooms in the 1st place.

4. HTM

HTM Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi_Spa_controversy

No reason to think things like this won't occur in the future.

I suspect most trans people will/do prefer changing in uni-sex bathrooms but some won't and we will have incidents were MTF trans folk are in womens lockerrooms moving forward. (or FTM vice versa).

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Uh like I said where are the 7 year olds?

Or the kids in general?

6. HTM

HTM Member

The incident I cited involved a child.

You really make it challenging to interact with you.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Years ago when there was a call to let people that identified as a different gender to use the opposite gender restroom I was involved in an altercation.

A man dressed as a man went into the women’s changing room with my relatives in the locker room. Women came screaming and running out including my family members… he refused to leave and I ended up in a physical altercation with him.

In that case the man turned out to be anti LGBTQ and did it as a stunt.

Any large cultural changes will come with a growing pains.

8. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Yeah that's usually the case. It's trans men that usually have more issues, as they'll get harrassed by men in the men's room (or don't feel comfortable) or are told to use the men's bathroom if they use the women's. I personally prefer men's bathrooms anyway (urinals, less lines, no gossip, funny graffiti) and obviously don't want to make people uncomfortable.

That's not to say there aren't LGBT predators or that some LGBT people aren't ****ing assholes. People generally suck. There's a large subset of trans men who identify as non-binary simply because they hate men even though they want to be one (that's where most of my misogyny came from; that and learning about MGTOW from websites like here). Anyway, the problem is that society views as a fetishists instead of real people. I don't know if that's ever going to change, at least in my lifetime.

Nook likes this.
  9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I have an interesting story to follow Nook.... This was probably about 9 years ago. I had opened a location deep in the south. Our most brilliant applicant was John. However, John was transitioning to be June. This was a highly intelligent sweet person. Amazing overall. Anyway, when the company got wind of this, they instructed me to support June in using the women's restroom. Somebody complained within the first week and they told me to go tell June to switch up bathrooms.

I refused to do it. I told them they could do it but it was very weird to me that they would buckle under the complaint of a single patron. And trust me, in this particular city, the closed mindedness is staggering. I think we need to be uber supportive of this stuff for adults (June must have been 25 at the time) BUT we need to be increasing skeptical about this for minors. I only say that because these kids are exposed to so much and to go against the grain is just too cool. I think they can be prone to making that decision at the ripe age of 11 just because of what they are exposed to.

My brother in law is a gun loving vegan. Very weird on the political spectrum. He is encouraging my 13 year old niece to be non-binary and call herself a guys name. I just don't like this. I think it is too early to push or encourage that type of stuff. Let her emerge from what is always a trying time (teen years) and decide what she she wants to do. But he is pushing it because he always has to push some strange agenda.

Slyonebluejay and jiggyfly like this.
  10. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Oh I agree for the most part. Youre much more likely to have trans kids not supported though than you are to have parents push it; although Ive heard of that before (usually when one parent wanted a son/daughter but didnt get one).

Keep in mind, theyre not given puberty blockers out like candy. Its incredibly laborious and time consuming to go through the process to get any kind of medical treatment. I also don't think kids are as easily swayed by trans adults as we might think. People made the same argument for years about homo/bi sexuality. If anything the incredible uptick in women who identify as bi (but only date/**** men) or adults who make up terms like sapiosexual or demisexual or "demi-woman" are more annoying/problematic than trans kids.

11. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Not as bad as straight cis (usually young, pretty, rich and white) women who see pride as a giant party and get upset when actual LGBT people that arent drag queens or a Sex in the city character. Those are the people who are just chasing social media clout or want to be gay for a day and will go apeshit on Twitter about cancelling people; then say Im not welcome at a Pride parade or misgender trans people.

The next camp to join the right is going to be white cis gay men and lesbians of middle class IMO. Theyve got marriage and adoption; they could care less about the rest of us.

12. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Also, if you are serious about your brother forcing your niece to be NB and arent making up a story; Id report that. I believe that could be considered a form of child abuse. Especially at that age.

13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I’m very accepting of trans people. No one should ever feel marginalized.

Nook, TheJuice and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I appreciate it that, thank you. Thats really all I ask for (well that and big breasts).

My big concern is HRT being banned nationwide; which is incredibly dangerous. Like any medication, stopping HRT cold turkey ans not tapering it off is very dangerous. Especially if your sex organs have stopped producing hormones.

jiggyfly, Nook and rocketsjudoka like this.
  15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Absolutely… there are some people that think I’m a angry crazy Republican but I’m not straight ticket thinking. I feel healthcare should be a right primarily because I believe in the entrepreneurial spirit and this promotes or at least levels the small business playing field with wage earners from larger companies…I believe in the right to pursue individuality so that includes trans, bi, gay etc …all other issues I probably lean right. So not sure where that puts me
    I think back in my life and my friendship and moments and memories includes these people. Everyone has a talent or a gift or at least is capable of it. Ps good luck on the big breasts. Not going to lie, I seen some trans women that are very attractive. No matter anyone’s looks, everyone has value and deserves happiness

Slyonebluejay, Nook and TheJuice like this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I hired a few trans people over the years (1 who was born as a man but wanted to be a woman and 2 the other way around). Sorry to say that none of them worked out at our company.

1 of the 3 had major issues with work ethic (one was constantly posting about partying on social media while taking days off for "sickness", which annoyed the people who had to do the work for him on those days - when finally being let go, posted on social media about how to find an anti-discrimination lawyer, it was quite ridiculous, to be honest - the firing had nothing to do with gender identity and everything with just not showing up for work). Gave this person lots of chances. Checked some years later and the person had been through multiple jobs afterwards, and posted on social media about interest in becoming a sex worker and whatever (was a software engineer at our company).

1 had several run-ins with co-workers, reporting others to HR for basically nothing shortly after joining and just being generally not a high-performer at work. I actually didn't know the person was trans until after we fired him; neither did the hiring manager. Born as a woman, but with a beard and lots of tattoos, so I would never have guessed. Someone then said hopefully we don't get sued for discrimination, and I was like...why? Then I got sent a bunch of links to where the person wrote extensively about his gender identity struggles, etc.

1 just quit very quickly (I don't know why, it was during Covid times, never met this one in person). Seems to just not have been a good fit.

Maybe we were just unlucky.

I guess maybe a question to The Juice because this is an AMA:

Do you think trans people have a harder time being contributors in regular jobs because they might have more health issues and more mental health issues? And how do you suggest hiring managers should go about this?

17. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

The social stigma is why most people detrans. If I ever do, thats probably why (I grew up coddled and am utterly incapable of dealing with any adversity without becoming suicidal.)

Nook likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In my sports especially at the heavier weights for women I've seen accusations made of female athletes actually being trans with no basis other than that they are bigger and stronger than most women and don't fit what most people considered feminine.

It's not all that unusual for female athletes to have disaparaging comments made about their appearence and how they aren't feminine. Former Wimbledon champ Lindsey Davenport dealth with this quite a bit.

Nook likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would be curious to see if there is any definitive study done showing that trans people have more health problems. From what I've seen the mental health issues with trans have more to do with social stigma and rejection by family members. The trans athlete that I coached did have a series of concussions but Judo is a brutal sport and I don't think being trans had anything to do with that.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So this one incident is an issue how?

And the person who did this had already been convicted of felony indecent exposure.

"The suspect had previous convictions for the same offense from 2002 and 2003, becoming, as a result, obliged to register as a sex offender in 2006.[3][1][2] In 2008, the suspect was convicted for failing to register as a sex offender.[3] The suspect also had an open case from 2018, in which they have pled "not guilty"[2] to seven counts of indecent exposure in front of women and children in a Los Angeles park.[3] Regarding the 2018 case, the LAPD circulated an internal flyer which described the suspect as "homeless" and alleged the suspect "claims to identify as female" in order to gain access to women's locker rooms and showers.[3]"

I ask again where is the 7-year-old?

Yes it's challenging to interact with me when I poke holes in your proclamations.

It's very telling that this story is still the major thing people of your ilk point to.