1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I the only one who noticed how much Dwight Struggled?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iku, Oct 13, 2013.

Tags:
  1. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

key word: PRESEASON

2. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Does anyone on this blog know what constructive criticism is?

When things don't work well you make adjustments to try and figure out what does work well. If anything, the last three games have shown that lobbing the ball into Dwight when he's 15 feet from the basket and expecting to take his man one on one, is maybe not the best way to run an offense. Didn't someone say that Dwight was really good at the PnR???

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That was a decent 18 minutes.

4. rocketblood713

and that's why theres preseason to look at the things u need to work on right ..

5. Rox23

Rox23 Member

You can't fix a problem until you first recognize that there is one. It seems everyone here on this thread is totally happy with Dwight shooting 33% from the field and getting only a couple of rebounds (his best game by far out of the last 3); not a problem, and so let's work the same offense all over again next game!

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is a veteran. Relax... Be ready for 30 come opening night.

7. rocketblood713

I don't think people are happy with It I just think people here just want to see how he does when it matters oppose to the preseason

8. treeman

treeman Member

Why in the hell is anyone panicking? We played without Lin, Asik, and Parsons tonight. Harden and Howard both played less than half of the game. And we still won, even if against a crap team. DEPTH.

Howard will find his stride. The dude is trying to figure out a new team and a new system, and shaking off the cobwebs of summer. Have patience and enjoy watching the team develop its method while they win games. 4 games into preseason is *not* the time to hit the panic button - especially when you're winning anyway.

9. rocketblood713

yup people are taking preseason to serious Dwight still trying to get used to his teammates and learning on the fly im not worried but looks like some might be

10. treeman

treeman Member

Any game last season without Lin, Parsons, and Asik, and Harden only playing half of the game, no one even bothers watching, you know how it will end.

Chill. We're in good shape. Give Howard a little time to adjust, he will earn his money.

11. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Dwight got 3 blocks in 1 half of play... I'm not worried.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty hilarious how people are reacting to Dwight going half speed in preseason for God's sake.

The man has been the best center in the league for years.

13. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

just chill lil bill

14. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

LOL at all the people already panicking. It's the friggin 3rd or 4th game of the preseason after just flying around the world with a brand new team. What is wrong with some of you people, so focused on preseason stats.

This is the only time we can experiment without any consequences.

15. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Dwight is already "earning his money". And I'm just going to talk about offense here because no one is arguing that his defense isn't on point.

To the people just looking at the box scores, yes he is struggling on offense, but I've watched every single game start to finish (Ballstreams FTW) and he is doing SO much to help the team on offense by his sheer presence on the court it's staggering. It's clearly visible in games the impact Dwight has and how much his presence boosts the play of others.

Harden has gone off for 21 effortlessly four games in a row. Parsons has been in beast mode, Lin and Bev are shooting at an amazing clip. MUCH of this is due to the fact that defenders can't help off of Dwight like they could Asik and in fact have to double him when he gets the ball and sag towards him when he doesn't. Now Harden can take his man one-on-one, the shooters get open looks and the offense opens up. Yes Dwight is struggling, but teams are utilizing a lot of resources to shut him down. They're doubling, fronting, hacking, doing whatever it takes, but what's happening is Harden seeing one-on-one coverage for the first time since Oklahoma City (and no one can guard him one-on-one), Parsons cutting to the basket for the slam, Beverly with the open three, and so on and so forth. Look at his box score and it looks atrocious, watch a game and you can see the impact and why he's worth the max (for the contract anyway). And this is WITH him struggling to put the ball in the basket and teammates struggling to get the ball to him. Those things will improve.

I almost made a separate thread about this but hate when people flood the GARM with stupid threads similar to one on the first page.

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

WTF? This delirious, uninformed and ignorant post goes on for 12 pages? Christ. Give me a break from the unwashed masses. And OP you should be ashamed of yourself.

17. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

I'm really happy with what Dwight's doing for the team, but that's totally irrelevant.

The real question has to be how do we make/keep Dwight happy with how he's doing?

He may not be so happy with his box score (I have no idea if this is true)...

18. rocketblood713

Im not going to lie I watch the games everytime the Rockets run or someone else shoots I think to myself OK now give it to Dwight cause he needs to be happy and I don't want to hear a post game interview where he says .."well we need to get the ball in the post" ..cause that's where it begins!

19. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Great post. Dwight's presence itself has changed the game for us in my eyes. It's partly why we've shown glimpses of greatness in our game thus far. That and the fact that Harden is really showing himself to be the best sg in the league by far. Dude's been straight dominant. I definitely think that we'll get better in terms of getting Howard involved and that we'll be shutting up all those pundits who are sleeping on our potential.