1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I the only one who noticed how much Dwight Struggled?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iku, Oct 13, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Play07

Play07 Member

This again how he affects the team, look like I said I like Howard here and starting but I'm not going to give him a pass just because he's Howard which a lot of oeople here are doing.

and yeah I have csn watched the pre game and postgame

2. rocketblood713

Dwight also only played a half ..im not worried about Dwight YET but were like 3 weeks into the regular season and is still having 8 pts and 4 rebs a game then yea

3. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Harden and Beverley played fantastic, and Garcia hit his shots...yet still we were just BARELY able to hold a lead (at home) against the lowly Magic. Somehow we have to get Dwight more involved in the office, and play better team ball.

4. Play07

Play07 Member

So Bev didn't get in there in the paint and fight for some of his 9 rebounds or they all just bounced his way ?

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If Dwight gets us 16 and 8 on a bad night, that would be awesome.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Didn't watch the game, but our starters played only half the game, with a decent +/-. What lead we had appears to have been lost by our 3rd stringers.

7. rocketblood713

lI think your taking preaseason too serious ..Harden and Dwight only played a half and and a lot of key players didn't play

8. rocketblood713

right! ..think a lot of people are reading too much into preseason

9. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Half time stats: 2/6 from the field, 4 rebounds, 2 TO, early foul trouble...those are Greg Smith numbers.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I don't know which game you were watching.

This team is jet-lagged, did not have two key players, and the team was up 8 at the half.

Harden and Dwight did not play the entire 2nd half, because the team needed rest.

The Rockets 2nd units were playing against the Magic first unit in the third and increased the lead. The Magic only caught up when the Rockets put in the likes of Covington, Canaan and Williams.

11. rocketblood713

didn't he have like 3 or 4 blocks also ?

12. Rox23

Rox23 Member

DMo just gave us 14 pts. and 8 rebounds on 45% shooting (Dwight shot 33% today); also DMo is more active and a better passer...what's more is that Morey doesn't have to pay DMo a max contract salary. If you're happy with 16/8 then why sign a superstar to a max contract when you have players on your team who can do that already?

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

^LOL Wtf

I am convinced people just want to be mad about something.

This team has looked unbelievable so far.

14. rocketblood713

DMO got those numbers against 3rd stringers so he better get those numbers

15. rocketblood713

lol yup!

16. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

BINGO. The Yao effect. One reason why Yao is severely underrated by those who only look at individual statistics.

17. Gil

Gil Member

How about you judge him when the season actually starts? Who cares about exhibition games lol?

18. rocketblood713

for real lol! lets see if DMO and Greg Smith can get us 3 blks a game

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Going by that logic, why should the Rockets pay max salary to a guy like Harden when Omri Casspi went 9/10 in a game whiles making minimum salary.

20. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

You may be right offensively, but the other side of the equation is defense, which is vital for the center position and is what wins championships. There is no comparison between DHo and DMo on defense. Also remember that Howard gets alot of attention in the post, and I don't think that DMo has enough reputation draw regular double teams yet, which is a key factor in helping a team's performance on offense (I admit I have not had time to watch the game yet but will do so later).