1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I the only one think Ryan Hollins is super annoying?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Risingred, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Risingred

Risingred Member

Astros won the Champs and Rockets won a game tonight. I think people are happy and would not kill me that I started a new thread. That being said, I have been watching Rocket basketball for so many years, and Ryan Hollins is the only broadcaster I can't stand to the point that, I will rather have him fired instead of Stephen Silas, as much as I dissatisfied about our head coach. At least Bill Worrell would call out the team when the team was not performing. Even Clyde Drexler was better because he only repeated what Worren said a few seconds ago, with a worse delivery but overall he was not annoyed as Ryan Hollins. I don't know all those fake enthusiasm from Hollins is all about. When we got blown out by so many points, he still acted like he was so excited to see some positivity out of nowhere. When Silas pressed the green light, I have drop my chips and reach out to grab my remote immediately and press the mute button because I feel super annoyed when he said "Silas Challenge baby." WTF, are you on drugs or something? I'm not sure if he is a master of spinning any negatives into positives. If so, he may be the best fit as the white house press secretary, but he's just plain terrible as a Rockets' broadcaster. I'm not sure if it's only me feel about that, the games become so much less enjoyable when he was the broadcaster.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think he’s a pretty good analyst, but he can dial back exuberant yelling some.

3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

still better than the Warriors' super-smug guys.

Though to be fair I'd rather have a homer calling local broadcasts than someone trying hard to be objective.

I can see where you're coming from, though. I think as Hollins gains more experience he'll ease into his role a little bit more. He's still just a sophmore, after all

4. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I really enjoy him, like his energy.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

MARGARITAS CRAIG ONLY 20 DOLLARS CRAIG

Craig and Hollins are chumps compared to Bill and Bull, but the only thing I'm actively cringing at is when Hollins yells " I see you boy I see you " I don't know what it is but it feels corny as hell and I hate it.

rkh-dog, snowconeman22, Amel and 2 others like this.
  6. CertifiedTroll

I like him

Futron and don grahamleone like this.
  7. OkayAyeReloaded

Not trolling, I've actually grown to like him. It was a good game and fun win.

8. Ancient Moabite

''The entire Olympic redeem team are former teammates of mine'' - Ryan Hollins

9. xaos

xaos Member

I like him

Futron and OkayAyeReloaded like this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Craig annoys me too.

Both are really nice guys though. Missing Calvin and Bill on the daily.

rkh-dog, ipaman and BamBam like this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

A bit too excited at times!

rkh-dog and Ancient Moabite like this.
  12. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

He talks to much about other things than the present play on the court. Not to be mean but he annoy me sometimes

rkh-dog and RocketsDraftTV like this.
  13. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Ryan does not seem genuine in his excitement, he seems like a paid overly enthusiastic actor, like he had to audition like a red roudy to get this job. Wish we could find true fans of the team.

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Cornball ass dude .. but he doesn't bother me

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm with you OP, he sucks. But, at least he is not Clyde.

What I wouldn't give for a time machine to bring Calvin Murphy and Bill Worrell back.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He’s way better than Bullard or Clyde

Williamson, Amel and pmac like this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He’s no Van Chancellor.

18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Ryan Hollins - Too Hyper, Relax Ryan, I think he is happy and grateful to have this job.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  19. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

(Smh) some folks find ANYTHING to complain about. Tell you what, try listening to other teams broadcast crew and come back and see how "entertaining" our guys are.

20. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

I like him a lot.

But there's no need to say "barbecue chicken" ten times in a single broadcast. At the very least there are several other qualifying meat options. Additionally, maybe even "burnt" or "toast" or "burnt toast".

Aside from that he's great, he made that margarita ad spot come to life