1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I the only one that doesn't care for alcohol?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by htwnbandit, May 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I think I'm the only person on the planet that doesn't really care for alcohol. I just don't like the way beer or wine tastes. All my friends who are younger than or around my age me enjoy it (we're all teenagers/early 20s pretty much). I've tried. I just don't like the taste at all. Even the lighter ones, it just doesn't amuse me, I'd rather drink something with actual taste like soda. Not only that but getting drunk sounds like a pain in the ass. Falling over, puking everywhere, **** that.

1 person likes this.
  2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

3. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

You haven't tried the good ones.

It's like finding a girlfriend.

You look for the right one.

There will be at least one perfect match for you.

In the end, they will all ?&$@ you over.

Just kidding --- you'll just get married and have kids, then they divorce you.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

It could be simply that you haven't found a type of drink you enjoy yet. There are definitely things that are just never worth drinking and a lot of stuff does taste like crap, especially college aged typical drinks.

Also being drunk does not always entail throwing up or other horrible things

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Member

eh, you just sound boring

1 person likes this.
  6. Duncan McDonuts

Nope. Never had a drink in my life nor care to. Don't like the smell of alcohol to begin with. And I don't like being mentally impaired.

Also, the whole Mormon religion won't drink alcohol, so don't feel alone.

7. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Just because I don't drink? Lol I can find plenty of better things to do with people, frankly. I guess I have to drink to be cool though, right? :rolleyes:

8. finalsbound

finalsbound Member

pretty much

3 people like this.
  9. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Well I can't even find one, so I guess I'm SOL with this beer thing.

10. Kyakko

Kyakko Member

I use to prefer soda over beer (in high school and early college), but now I don't even drink soda. I'm having a beer now. :) Taken in moderation, beer or wine is healthier than soda.

11. heypartner

heypartner Member

If this thread is about getting drunk, that's one thing. But if this thread is questioning the gloriois human invention that is Wine. That's something else

12. Hmm

Hmm Member

I don't drink, or smoke (thank heavens)... Pay no mind to the short-sighted dull minds that think all the fun in the world can only be found at the bottom of a bottle/pint...

You're certainly not missing out on a thing as far as beer and tobacco are concerned... Don't let that bother you...

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

not everyone who drinks gets blind drunk and pukes over their cat LOL...

14. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I'm a dex-cool man myself. Love the sweetness.

15. Ras137

Ras137 Member

Do you drink coffee? I find people who don't like alcohol don't like coffee either.
    Personally, I find beer completely disgusting (coffee too, but with lots of cream and sugar [like Mr. Wolf likes it] it becomes drinkable), how beer became the go to drink for most people is beyond me.
    I occasionally find a wine I like (Shiraz and Pinot Noir, are decent bets), but mostly I stick to drinks that hide the taste of alcohol well (AKA girly drinks). I drink only for my wife to drink or in an out of my comfort zone situation to loosen up a bit.

16. Disciple of RP

Alcohol is the GD devil (see previous late night posts by yours truly....butcher knives anyone?).

That said:
    [​IMG]

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Try Smirnoff Ice or Mike's hard lemonade. You will look like a b****, but hey at least you can drink socially now. Thank me later.

18. Ras137

Ras137 Member

I've never had Smirnoff ice, but I find mike's hard lemonade gross, still too much alcohol taste.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Smirnoff Ice original literally tastes like Sprite / 7up / Mountain Dew.
    At that point I don't know why you don't just bother drinking soda instead, but if you want alcohol without the taste of alcohol then go with that.

20. jvu

jvu Member

Htownbandit name so gangsta he too cool to drink