1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I the only one excited about this squad?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, Jul 1, 2023.

1. kpdark

kpdark Member

can't wait..

things may still be incoming

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

bro, this is what im saying. Homie was riding high before he poked the bear.. Memphis would play better without Ja and Brooks was a reason for that. Playoffs made him a laughing stock. If he just owned up to getting his ass kicked for talkin hot sh*t, he might still be with the grizz.

Ancient Moabite, xaos and madbomber like this.
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Man, I couldn't care less - I'm still a fan. If we get over 30-35 wins, I'll be happy. If we get over 40 wins, I'll rethink my life.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

it could always get worse. for safety.

WestendMassive likes this.
  5. xaos

xaos Member

I'm definitely excited. I expected 2 out of 3 of FVV/Brooks/Lopez to sign here. I expected to consolidate every single player we traded today, however I'm disappointed in the return we got for KMJ/Tyty. I thought the absolute best we would've gotten was a Mark Williams type of return for KMJ though,...

Rockets overpaid for Brooks, but it's truly not a big deal. People overreact. He's a knucklehead who needs to shut up sometimes and needs to improve his shooting but adding a 2nd team all defense player is very welcomed. I wanted FVV #1 this free agency and absolutely wanted nothing to do with Harden/Irving/Zion so for me crisis averted

I was an advocate of us tanking. I wanted us to have the best odds 3 years in a row to draft a franchise player or multiple all stars while clearing capspace to either sign a star or build around our young players.

Do I think we found our franchise player? Still not sure, but I also believe teams can win a ring with multiple top 20 players and we have 3 - 5 who have that kind of upside plus Eason who is projected to be an OG type of role player. The players we added improve their developing chances, not hurt it.

Rockets have a coach who is a basketball leader, improved their defense, improved their vet leadership, kept their young star-potential players, and the Nets picks.

It will be fun to watch Rockets winning games again. I think this team could absolutely make the play-in and build on that improvement each year over the next 3 years.

The offseason is still not over and I'm intrigued to know if we're planning to absorb a contract using the newly created cap space. On top of that Nets got worse, even though I fear them being a third team in a big trade and slightly improving...

Rustyrig, Losmi_34, Patience and 2 others like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You say that but we've never had an offensive player as bad as Brooks who demands such a high volume. He's very much like if Nix shot 14 times a game.

7. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Let’s wait and see how he plays for US under Ime…

Believe It! and Jayzers_100 like this.
  8. J Rock

J Rock Member

I endorse this message.

9. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Looks like a playoff squad!

10. liveguy

liveguy Member

LOVE IT

Salvy likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Unless he's coming off the bench for 10 minutes a game, there's no need to wait and see on a known commodity.

Tuckmose and s3ts like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like 40% from the field and maybe 25 wins.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  13. liveguy

liveguy Member

1000%

Screenshots for real.

14. sheb

sheb Member

Last year the mavericks were a bubble team. Are the rockets better than the mavs (Luka/Kyrie/curry)? I really don’t think so.

BallSoHarden and s3ts like this.
  15. showa13

showa13 Member

If your betting on the under I’ll happily take the over

HardenReturns likes this.
  16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Cut the fat off the meat roster wise!

17. liveguy

liveguy Member

There’s literally ZERO drop off from A team to B team and you can mix and match based on matchups.

That rotation is FANTASTIC!

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

You ain't lying. This team is in a way better place than it was last year... or the last three years.

Rustyrig, Patience and Jayzers_100 like this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I think ultimately, like Ime said, it’s going to take internal growth for this team to succeed.
    Third year for Green and Alp, they need to take the next step. Jabari has to show that he can be the 3&D big he was billed as. Tari has to show consistency in finishing.
    Need to see what we have in Amen and Cam as well

20. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

If one of Amen/Green/Smith/Sengun doesn't become an all-star level player then we are going to be the middest team of all time for 3+years. The KMart Rockets part 2.