1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I offending people of religion?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Jul 31, 2009.

?

Am I offending people of religion in this statement?

1. yes

11 vote(s)
    19.6%
  2. no

34 vote(s)
    60.7%
  3. you offended Gallery Furniture, Mattress Mack, and Marvin Zindler

11 vote(s)
    19.6%
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don't go around calling people morons much. But I feel obliged to do so for some of these posters...

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=deez+nutz

A joke that originated from the song "Deeez Nuuuts" on Dr. Dre's original album "The Chronic", released in 1992. Since then, the phrase has mutated into "deez nutz" and catching people with "deez nutz" has become America's 3,157th favorite pastime, just behind underwater basket-weaving and just ahead of collecting Spongebob Squarepants paraphernalia.

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

dont care.

quit

4. ThaBlackKnight

Look, I know what DEEZ NUTS mean...I have the Chronic Album at my house...funny song.

I just don't like that directed at me. How did I start the personal insults...please enlighten me...

If I remember correctly, he insulted my religious beliefs first.

5. RedRedemption

If you believe that he insulted your religious beliefs. E-mail him, because from the poll it doesn't seem many people are phased.

6. ThaBlackKnight

Thanks Rockets2K...I know I got out of line with one post, and I do apologize to you and Tinman for that, I can be the bigger man about that with no problem.

I understand this is the internet and all, but me and Tinman had been posting civilly about things for the last couple of weeks with no problem, I just felt he went out of line today and simply asked for an apology or to take the statement back...he did neither.

But thanks for looking out for everybody and the good of the Forum. Keep up the good work.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No, it is not, but it's a damn fine school. Haven't a clue whether you have that kind of academic record (we are all "unknowns" here), and I disagree with you about this topic, but the "Cougar High" crap gets more than tiresome. After all, the Great One, (H)Akeem Olajuwon, came across The Great Waters to grace our shores with his omnificent powers.

[​IMG]

Clyde, I've got this one... OK?

8. RedRedemption

Problem solved? Lock.

9. ThaBlackKnight

Whether somebody offends one or millions, a person was offended, in this case 3 people.

I don't know what your values are but my values with God are high. I mean, if people just insulted your family for hours, you would be insulted, but NOBODY ELSE may not, but at the end of the day, your still going to be insulted, even though a single person around you may not.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

it was a joke (deez nuts) and if you do have that album you should have known
    that it's considered a joke.

hence I put the spoiler tag

R2K stated he found nothing wrong with my post, which was basically me paying homage to the Rockets of old.

you can continue to argue on why you think my original Hakeem analogy is offensive, but I'm not going to apologize to you cause the majority of people here understand it was not an offensive statement in any manner.

Oh, there are plenty of Christians on this board, so don't generalize the D&D as not caring about religion.

And I seriously doubt if they had to elect one member of the Christian Clutchfans, it would be you to best represent their beliefs.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Maybe you should put down the coffee. You're at around 20 posts a day and climbing. At this rate, you'll pass DaDakota in about a month.

12. RedRedemption

Look. People are going to disrespect you in life and they are going to disagree with you. There is no way to get around this other than to suck it up and get used to the fact that there are assholes in this world.

13. ThaBlackKnight

Look, if you are not me, you may or may not be insulted by what you said. I can't help that, and I can't change people's values.

I am still insulted, and if you wanna apologize, I will gladly accept it.

I apologized to you and the forum about my post...don't see why you can't do the same?

Ya, in most cases it would be a joke, but that wasn't the 1st insult I got from you today, so I can't be so sure it was a joke. Yet, I willingly apologized to you, although I'm half your age, and even though you insulted me first.

But go on and be stubborn and not apologize...thats fine.

14. ThaBlackKnight

I know people will disrespect me in this world...beleive me I know...I'm a foreigner, I've gotten my share of disrespect.

But that doesn't mean I won't stand up for what I believe in. If the colonists just accepted the fact that England was going to disrespect them and take advantage of them, there wouldn't be in the USA today.

You gotta stand up for yourself, otherwise you'll become the world's female dog. I for one don't plan on that at all.

15. RedRedemption

Yeah, I'm gonna be stubborn and not apologize. Because that is obviously what I do around here.

All joking aside, I do apologize, and I was a bit harsh on you. I still don't feel insulted by the matter, but hey, it's your life.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

again:
    This statement has nothing to do with attacking religious beliefs AT ALL or attack YOU AT ALL.

I'm not apologizing for that, I'm not going to get banned for that, or am I even getting a warning for that statement.

This statement with all those references to Houston icons are for the Houston Rocket fans who remember that stuff.

Again, you are representing your belief, not others. That's great that you are on the Deans list, congrats. Still has nothing to do with my statement or why nobody believes it's offensive.

17. RedRedemption

But you might get negative rep! :p

18. ThaBlackKnight

Thats all I asked for :D ...to be just a little open minded.

I do accept your apology. I don't hold grudges or anything...just not me.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. But thats okay, we just think a lil differently which is fine.

But lets leave this thing behind us, let bygones be bygones, and move on...now its up to Tinman to decide if he can be a big man about this and move on...

19. RedRedemption

Nah. I already told you. Tinman don't apologize. :p

20. ThaBlackKnight

I know me being on the Dean's list has nothing to do between us two...that was towards another post by somebody else.

I didn't think you would get banned for that...that would be somewhat extreme, all I asked for was a simple apology.

If you don't want to thats fine. I can't do nothing about that...but you don't answer to me at the end of the day...

I never said this statement was attacking me, but to me, it insults my religion and my beliefs.

Like I said before, whether one person is insulted or a million people are insulted, it still feels horrible to be personally insulted about yourself, your family, your religion, your race, and your beliefs.

Especially on a forum where we are supposed to be open minded of others beliefs. I'm not saying I'm perfect, I've made my mistakes, but I'v apologized for it.

I'm simply asking you to do the same.