1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

am i allowed to swear in my comments following that game? if i'm not allowed,

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, Apr 17, 2012.

1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

then ive got nothing to say

but seriously

WE F@#@#ING NEED A FREAKING STAR

team ball doesnt work

stop trying to use the 04 detroit pistons as an example .. cos everyone else has got 3423452 examples of star-studded championships to counter that stupid argument

tank or not, we need to get a star!

who does utah have? al jefferson, paul millsap, devin harris, all current/former allstars.

who do we have? are we gonna rely on dalembert for the clutch tip-in at the end of the game??

phoenix has steve nash, 2 time mvp and one of the all-time greats

oh noes, who do we have to tie the game up in the dying seconds of a late-season desperately-needed playoff-push win?

chandler parsons

why dont we try dirk nowitzki for one time

moral of my rant: we need a star. dont care if overpaid, dont care if long-ass contract, look at our super-value-for-money players, parsons, budinger, dragic, lee, man it seems that we rate them sooo much higher because they are on a bargain contract. i dont get it, are we paying their salaries? do we treat the rockets as a business?

/rant over

#14thpicktrilogy

1 person likes this.
  2. Grape_Swisha281

um cool story bro...

3. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

so does everyone still think we couldnt use Carmelo, i remember after Linsanity took off, people here thought Carmelo would be available and a lot of people snuffed their nose at the idea...

4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I thought men didn't get emotional.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm not disagreeing that we should go for a star, however, championships have a way of making superstars out of stars. It's sort of a both-ways thing. And I guarantee you nobody ever won a championship WITHOUT playing team ball.

And there haven't been 3,423,452 NBA championships.. yet.

So yes, I'm frustrated at this flailing bunch of guys we call "the Rockets", but it isn't the end of the world.

7. Rockets Ball

Rockets Ball Member

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I can't find a team that won an NBA championship who didn't have at least one player that was either 1st team or 2nd team All NBA the season they won it.

9. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

man up son. stop using pansy characters to hide your feelings.

10. Mariachi ROCKET

poundering......

We need, we want, we dont receive. Personally I believe we dont need one to acheive.
    Just need a 100% healthy squad. We need a K-Mart of last year, Cam Man without a T-Mac back, a well rested Goran & last but not least Luifa standing up right and stop falling down.

11. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I still don't want him. The Knicks aren't all that great this year either.

12. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

or perhaps, and this is just a thought, when we're being punished, abused, and anally probed in the paint we should consider putting a center in? you know we have two 7 footers now right?