1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I A Hypocrite For Listening To Rap With Violent Lyrics

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Listening to violent rap music is no different than playing shoot em up video games or watching action movies.

DCkid likes this.
  2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Public enemy is my favorite band along with KRS one Eric B and Rakim, and ghetto boys

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

More disingenuous bull**** from the OP as a means of getting attention from a bunch of strangers.

YAY!

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rap . .. Music in general . . .it is all entertainment
    If you can watch Pinhead rip someone apart or
    Steven King describe how someone is pulled apart
    Rap Lyrics ain't gonna kill ya

Rocket River

JayGoogle likes this.
  5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't have a problem with violent lyrics but I do have a problem with misogynistic lyrics. I don't problems with my kids play fighting or playing war/cops and robbers. I would have a problem with my kids pretending to treat women like ****.

DCkid, Ubiquitin and malakas like this.
  6. HardenVolumeOne

hip hop is so garbage now, im actually listening to taylor swift and friggin pink on my way home from work. hell im listening to more pop stations than ever before. Hiphop is dead

im sorry but mumble rap ****ing sucks.. its like hearing nails on a chalkboard and insults my intelligence as a black man

have you noticed that jewish record producers have white rappers like machine gun kelly, NF, and post malone release more lyrical rap than black rappers. They would never release a white mumble rapper

lupe fiasco, big sean, tyga and hopsin have been killed off by these new age garbage ass rappers..

this the type of rap music tupac warning that the elite were trying to push back then saying back in the 90's.. "if they kill me, you aint gon like what kind of artist they push on yall after me"

#46 HardenVolumeOne, Jul 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    DCkid and Ubiquitin like this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Does no one like Kendrick Lamar in this thread? You'd think people who quote Tupac would especially be a fan. I mean the closing dialogue to this song has samples from a television interview cut like it's a conversation between Kendrick and Tupac about the current state of affairs in America. He's yet to churn out a bad album in my opinion and most of his albums have a concept album process to them in that if you listen the whole way through, there's a broader message to them than just the individual singles. I think he delivers a socially conscious message better than J Cole as well though I'm a J Cole fan too.

And then Keisha's song references Tupac's Brenda's Got A Baby even.

Gibbs isn't often trying to be like a socially conscious rapper, which is by no means a knock against him nor should it be expected from any artist, but can't deny he's incredibly talented. Bandana and Pinata are almost flawless albums.

9. London'sBurning

Or these songs from Kendrick that reference the devil a lot. I grew up Catholic and went to private Catholic school until college and even though I'm not especially religious anymore these songs still resound with me.

Like this is a song entirely about the devil tempting you. The song sounds like something playful from an Andre 3000 catalog yet the lyrics are pretty haunting. It's like listening to CCR's Bad Moon Rising or Nick Drake's Pink Moon, which too sound like happy songs until you listen to the lyrics.

Continuation of the narrative from the For Sale? song.

Following track from Blood.

Basically a song that references end times in a very visual storytelling way. I don't even believe in a Biblical end times. I think the world will end a billion years from now when the Sun becomes a red giant and evaporates all water on the surface of the planet killing whatever life may still exist along with it. Even so, the song is still incredibly chilling to listen to.

10. London'sBurning

11. London'sBurning

12. tinman

Supporting Member

The 99ers listened to rap when it was actually good

13. London'sBurning

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Do I hate gays or not know where the hood at?

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. tinman

Supporting Member

17. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I mean, you're listening to the radio...in 2021...elsewhere, there's an endless supply of stuff exactly up your alley.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

I have more faith in the youth like this dude

19. London'sBurning

20. London'sBurning