1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Altuve signs with Scott Boras

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by awc713, Jul 8, 2016.

1. awc713

awc713 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Big agent change: Astros star Jose Altuve is now with Scott Boras.</p>&mdash; Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/751482708522442752">July 8, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

3. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....Said Darth Vader

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This....is not how I wanted to start my weekend.

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I guess he won't be signing an extension. He deserves to get paid, after signing for only $15K and then having an extremely team friendly deal for the first 8.5 years of his career.

6. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

So he switched back again? He left Scott boras 3 years ago

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yankees will be targeting Harper and Altuve.

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Agreed. Weve gotten every last penny from this mans play. He was going to get paid regardless of any agent he swtiched to, just wished it wasnt bor-ass. :mad:

9. Remix

Remix Member

Oh boy. This will test Crane's pocket books when Altuve hits the market

With the history of guys with Boras..I'm worried

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Altuve is tied to the Astros through the 2019 season.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Doesnt worry me to much, he deserves to get paid so let's just hope the Astros pony up!

12. conquistador#11

3 seasons is plenty of time for satan to collect boras' soul.
    with how close correa and altuve are. it wouldn't surprise me if carlos goes that way too.

13. awc713

awc713 Member

Luhnow and the Cardinals faced a similar decision with Pujols. Face of the franchise. Fan favorite. They made the right decision that offseason, but man it would be hard to see Altuve in another uni.

I've mentioned this before, but Altuve seems like a humble, modest guy. Heck, he drives a Toyota FJ Cruiser (23K car). Obviously Jose will want to get paid, but I wonder: 1) how much he values playing with Correa, Springer, et al., and 2) if Altuve's preference for HOU (if it exists...) will affect negotiations. Signing with Boras is not a good sign for the latter.

Good thing we have him for a couple more years.

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

Boras took Beltran out of Houston, F him and all associated with him.

15. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

This.

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'd hate the thought of Altuve going elsewhere. What we had with Biggio & Bagwell was special. There was so much value in that. I except we'll lose some guys, but I hope it isn't him. I feel like the team plans on Altuve & Correa the new Biggio & Bagwell combo.

LMJ & Gomez are also repped by Boras. Might be good for Gomez, as Boras has done a great job convincing his clients to turn down the qualifying offer.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Im hoping that by 2019, he will want to do whatever he can to play in Houston because of his relationships on the team...and hopefully because we have proven to be legitimate World Series contenders every year (bonus if we can get a chip before then).

If he is comfortable in Houston, we have a team that is destined to win for the next decade, and we pay him market value (excluding what the Yankees would give him), then hopefully he will be an Astro for life. Would suck to see him in any other jersey.

18. Buck Turgidson

I cannot see the Astros not making a competitive offer, and I cannot see Altuve turning it down.

19. Jay713

Jay713 Member

Boras making up for the Appel mistake.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

I cannot not see the Astros not making a non-competitive non-offer, and I cannot not see Altuve not turning it down.