1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alshon Jeffery please

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mugrakers, Jan 15, 2012.

1. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=91022&draftyear=2012&genpos=WR

This dude looks like the real deal. He should be available around our pick area because this draft is so deep at wide receiver. We don't need to spend any money on a WR2 in free agency. Cut Jacoby. In this way we can still resign our two key free agents (mario/foster). I know we will need to restructure a few contracts and such to get everyone under the cap but we definitely need a capable second wide receiver.

Also, is it me or has AJ lost a step? It sure seems so.

1 person likes this.
  2. paulftsk

paulftsk Member

Jeffery* ;) one aj potentially replacing another in the future? I'm in.

3. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5bpHPzu_wEM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5bpHPzu_wEM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Friggin beast... look at the last play on Kirkpatrick!

4. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Trade up for Justin Blackmon.

5. Egghead

Egghead Member

Nick Toon...we've had a good luck drafting players from Wisconsin.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5vh5XWeLch8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It'll cost a 1 and a 2. Pass.

7. HPD

HPD Member

I want the old man from colts ex miami team mate of dre...be on the cheap..good for two more yrs here...

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

This, . ..He will be special like Andre...

9. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I'd love to have Alshon Jeffery on this team. For years, WR was one of the few positions that the Texans had no need to really upgrade, but the time has come to do so.

Andre is still a beast, no doubt, but the nagging injuries have to be a concern as he gets older. The real issue here, though, is the depth at the position. Kevin Walter is good, but he's not a real #2 and he is really the only other receiver on the roster I trust. Jacoby Jones has flashes of good play, but today, he showed what he can also do at his worst.

10. plates300

plates300 Member

I wouldn't mind doing that but we would be giving up a lot. I think Blackmon is a much better receiver than Julio Jones and the Falcons gave up their entire draft just for Jones.

11. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I would be for a trade up to go get a guy if he's special. The Texans are finally a good enough team where they don't have to just take best player available, and it's obvious Andre needs some help.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

That's what the Falcons thought and now they don't have picks with some glaring holes to fill.

13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Blackmon isn't all world or anything, I'd sit tight and take the best WR available.

14. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I'm not saying give up an entire draft for him, but it's something they should consider. The Texans are close to being an elite team, and Blackmon could make them that

15. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

That's the exact thought Atlanta had.

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Yep. Blackmon aint worth it. You don't see organizations like the Steelers, Patriots, Ravens making those kind of moves. We want to be built to last.

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

This guy probably won't leave his present team unless tie him up one night and ship out of town, even then he still probably follow them.

The Texans need a guy, like Wes Welker.

18. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Andre is not healthy. 2 pulled both hamstrings this season. He lost his explosion, but it will be back. Still need someone to take pressure off of him. I disagree though. The Texans need to draft one and sign one in FA. This is a Super Bowl team next year with much better WR play, not sure that can be had with a rookie alone.

19. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Blackmon would cost waaaay too much. No one wants to give up the chance to draft him, so it'll cost more than he's worth.

Trade up if there's an early run on guys. There's 3-4 WRs in our range, so maybe you give up a 4th or swap your 3rd for a 4th to sneak up 5-6 slots to nab a guy.

Re: AJ losing a step - no one's straining both hamstrings in a season and running max speed afterwards. He was 80% last week and 90% today. No reason to think he'll still be hampered in August....but he's not a young guy anymore.

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Alshon Jeffery would be a good pick up, but he is expected to go in teens or low 20s.

Michael Floyd or Dwight Jones would also be good picks as well.

If those don't work out, but take look over to free agency, Marques Colston (and/or Lance Moore), Desean Jackson, Wes Welker, Steve Johnson, Mario Manningham, Brandon Lloyd, Eddie Royal, and etc.

The receiver class is very good in offseason.