1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alpi and Jalen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Sengun needs to hit the weight room. He should have been able to lift Green over his head.

2. vator

vator Contributing Member

hakeem94...is this your account? Serious question.

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

KPJ needs to come off the bench so the starting unit can play through Sengun.

He plays better with Bruno as his lob target anyways.

4. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

Either his or his soul mate's

vator likes this.
  5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

It certainly is interesting. Green’s handles and ball protection lacks at times but that takes reps and time. I’m not sure if handing him the keys at point is the answer. He works best coming off ball for a handoff or when he initiates the half court offense. This team still lacks a ball handler at that position. As I said before I think this team needs a defensive minded pg with 3 ability and quick enough to dribble drive while not doing too much to take away from Green and Sengun in the half court. Offense can run through Sengun at the high screen or elbows.

peleincubus and HamJam like this.
  6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Lol is it not obvious? Yes that is him

King1, vator and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't think he can be a full time lead ball handler now. Definitely not. But when he's 24? 25? I can see it especially with added strength. A large portion of secure handles is being able to hold your position while being bodied.

Stephen_A likes this.
  8. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Completely agree.

One guy who fits that bill pretty well coming out in the draft this year is Cason Wallace. Him and Eazy Eason both ripping the ball right out of guys' hands is something I need in my life.

A vet who would be absolutely perfect for that role is Lonzo Ball, but his health is a big concern.

Ancient Moabite and Stephen_A like this.
  9. sinan28

sinan28 Member

I just read on Rocketswire that "Over seven games since Jan. 11, Jalen Green is averaging 28.2 points and 3.5 assists for the Rockets on 46.9% shooting and 38.6% on 3-pointers. Meanwhile, Sengun is averaging 19.4 points (67.9% FG), 10.6 rebounds and 7 assists per game over that same period".
    Looks promising..

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. vator

vator Contributing Member

Nah, but for real I need to know because I blocked that dude the other day and then I unblocked him, but I was seriously thinking about blocking him again because of a comment he made yesterday that I won't post here, but it was about Kobe Bryant and his daughter.

If this is hakeem94, I'll leave him unblocked I guess because at least now I know who I'm dealing with and I have years of familiarity with how he is. Dude is making a name for himself around Twitter with some of the stuff he is posting, I will give him that lol. At least once a day somebody posts something crazy he says in one of the group chats I'm in.

harold bingo likes this.
  11. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah its him for sure

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I like his content and follow him but I missed the comment about Kobes daughter and him

Edit: That's ****ed up

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

FYI, hakeem94 is a "she".

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont like this 3 and d label..imho ariza was 3 and d, tari and bari can become what become of brown and tatum

especially tari already can put it on the floor and drive very aptly even tho it doesnt look aesthetic, and he has that mentality unlike ariza, it is very efficient at least in constantly being able to get to the rim, still has some problem finishing but it will come with greater minutes....

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Really??

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  16. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

Really!!!!???????

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I said the same thing when someone pointed that out. I forgot who. Not sure how they found out.

18. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

It is written in her profile.
    Why surprised?

berkowsk, Ancient Moabite and Easy like this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Now I remember. But who would go around peeking in people's profile?

20. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

Cause she writes like turkish ultras. That destroyed hakeem94 image in my mind i always imagined her as someone between apachees of ankara and turkish soccer commentators on tv shows.