1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alpi and Jalen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 23, 2023.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Quite frankly Sengun is already better than prime Kanter. Green is probably already is or near prime Crawford.

Both will far exceed them in their primes.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Personally I would like more consistency in Jabari. His shooting is really what drags the team down imo. 31% from 3 when that was his calling card in college is just rough. It makes it harder for Green and Sengun to score when the spacers arent spacing the floor.

3. fchowd0311

When I see him shoot I don't see anything inherently wrong with his form. I think eventually he will become a good consistently shooter. I'm sure the offensive system hasn't helped him much either.

One thing Jabari actually has improved on is finishing at the rim. Dude was pulling Tari lay ups begining of the season. Now he seems like a confident finisher.

roslolian and cml750 like this.
  4. conquistador#11

That's the best clip for togetherness?
    I liked this one:
    It happened after a Green basket and Sengun was on the bench:
    [​IMG]

5. Dredd

Dredd Member

3 players who should be untouchable:

Green, Sengun, Martin.

The rest can get dealt.

csnerd84 likes this.
  6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Maybe this can stop the mark wars a little bit and get people to realise we have 2 young gems with literal star potential. The more these 2 click, the better we become. That's the core you build around, either one alone is lesser than the sum.

roslolian, O-dawg, cmoak1982 and 3 others like this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

It should, but these newfound "team" guys looking to include Jalen with Alpy sure were enjoying piling on and relegating him to bust talks while they exalt Sengun. I'll NEVER forget their insecurity and the lengths they went to push a foul agenda. Blame game finger pointing insecure jerks. I love it when the kids they try to bury come back from the grave.

roslolian likes this.
  8. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Even Harden had games where he looked like the hookers completely sucked the juice out of him. For a 20yo, I'm not too worried.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't think there was ever any argument between Alpi and Jalen fans. The vast majority of fans of these players are fans of both.

KPJ is the problem. He drags everyone down.

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I do think KPJ exerts a negative presence on the team. Good player but not a pg and doesn’t run the offense well or make optimal choices. I want to start

Sengun
    Smith
    Martin
    Eason
    Green

Rest of year and see what happens.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

100 % this, I would love to see this lineup all the time.

peleincubus and Ankara1923 like this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I kept saying KPJ takes possessions and opportunities away from Jalen especially when the ball is stagnant and held for the 6-7 seconds he averages per possession. One player could help or hurt the chemistry of a team. The complexity of the game is different everytime without KPJ for the past 2 years and you can see the growth in these players. Hopefully coaching and management sees this. It’s obvious to a lot of us.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

KPJ and Silas wants a heavy guard oriented offense and it does not work. Sengun, Jalen and Jabari is the future with Wemby or Scooter and we ready for the future.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

They gave Green a chance to play PG and bring the ball up. It was a complete disaster. Lately, they have been rotating that part of the game between Gordon and Green and that has worked out better. Maybe you could substitute Sengun for Gordon in that respect, but talk about fatigue. The real answer is to let KPJ bring the ball up and hand it off to Sengun or Green and let them play a two man game and KPJ find a place on the perimeter for 3 or a cut to the basket. The starting line-up should be:

KPJ
    Green
    Eason
    Jabari
    Sengun

No traditional PG, but Sengun as main facilitator in the half court and KPJ to get the ball up the court.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

Green brought up the ball plenty last game and started the offense in multiple possessions. Green led the team with time of possession with the ball last game and had one turnover.

harold bingo and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

For whatever reason, Minnesota changed their strategy on Green last game. They didn’t double team him or pressure him bringing the ball up. The game before last he had 6 to’s. The fact is that KPJ is a better ball handler than Green, Gordon, and KJM. I’m a big fan of what they’ve been doing in the half-court with Green and Sengun initiating the offense in tandem. I would just bench Gordon and position KPJ to be a spot up three shooter and cutter, not the initiator on offense. KJM is a terrible defensive player except for the blocks. KPJ is a good defensive player when he applies himself. Both he and Green need to given an ultimatum to at least try on the defensive end or sit.

19. fchowd0311

I definitely agree that KPJ is a more secure ball handler than anyone else on the team. That definitely is true and the reason why he's essentially our defacto pg. And yes they played more drop cover's last night with Rudy thinking he'd handle Green but guys like McDaniels we're still pressing up on him when Green was bringing the ball up.

Let's say this. It's better than last season.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member