1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alpha Kaba

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rockets2012, Jun 6, 2015.

1. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

2. basketballholic

I'd be good with that. He's got a budding, elite skill. And he's got great size. And he's been in France.

French basketball does a good job of producing skill sets in kids. Wished I knew more about their system but I don't know of a single kid that I've seen coming out of France that did not have a budding basketball skill set.

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Doesn't he say, "and the Rockets will be here" at the 3:15 mark of this video? If so, sounds like they will get a good look at him.

[youtube]7GlXIdGXFF8[/youtube]

4. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I think he says "I'll be lucky to be here" meaning America but that sentence was confusing. He looks like an interesting player. That workout video doesn't show much.

5. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Like his age, body and potential...and his name sounds like 'Ibaka'

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think he says "and ... uh ... it's very ... I'm very happy to be here"

7. malakas

malakas Member

He only plays basketball for one year this kid.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Impressive jumper. Nice frame to put some muscle on. If he can crash the boards, and hit free throws, he can have a good career.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I like his name.

I'm worried he'll turn out to be too similar to Jones, maybe with a better shot. I think we need more of a true power forward, though, as we already have stretches. We need a more true 4 for when Dwight is out of the game.

Low risk/high potential reward, though. It'd be worth a shot.

10. basketballholic

You sat there and watched him drain 3's and you're thinking he's similar to Jones???!?????!??!?!?!??!

ztztztztztztztztztztztztztztztztztztztztztztztztzt, how do you get from there to here?

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm sure Jones can drain threes in a practice setting with no one guarding him.

Granted, I've never seen the guy play, but the athleticism off the dribble seems somewhat similar. I know it's a stretch to say that, and I am one that feels like people are too quick to make comparisons to other players, but its a fear of mine that Morey will always be trying to plus the same type of player in at the position.

12. micah1j

micah1j Member

Draft express has moved him to the 2016 draft. I guess they are speculating he will withdrawal.

-French entry entrant Alpha Kaba had his ups and downs this week. On the plus side, he bothered shooters with his 7'5.25 wingspan, flashed the ability to make midrange jump shots, and finished above the rim at times. On the down side, his intensity wavered at times, he seemed to struggle with some of the concepts being taught, his shooting and finishing weren't consistent, and he fumbled a few passes. Kaba is obviously a project, but his size and length are clearly NBA caliber and he's only 19 years old, making him one of the youngest players to put his name in the draft. His play at the junior level and flashes at the senior level could ultimately earn him a slot in the second round as soon as this year. Or he could withdraw and elect to try again in 2016, after changing scenery and finding a better development situation than the one he currently experienced in France.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3ciJp6pZT
    http://www.draftexpress.com