1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun's Height

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Oct 5, 2023.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Never heard 6'-9" for Hakeem. I think the consensus was 6'-10 3/4".

2. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

Lol no one is stopping Jokic. PERIOD. The guy is currently the best player in the league and one of the greatest centers of all time.

That said, Senguin’s defense was solid. He made Jokic take a lot of shots to get his numbers in a blowout win. On top of that, Senguin held his own putting up a very respectable 21 and 13 himself. Rockets’ fans gotta be thrilled with those results from a third year player.

Lastly, Alpy is at least 6’10”….

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. dream2clips

dream2clips Member

It's already been stated here but when I speak to my 2 y/o vs my 17 y/o sometimes the difference is just a simple picture.

So here.s the 3 y/o version:
    The game you are citing to show Sengun as weak on D was Jokic's 2nd worst shooting % of the season. How about moving the F on to a different troll? Maybe talk about Sengun's beard not being as thick as Harden's or the fact he's going to bald earlier than Asik did? You know, something almost as trivial and substanceless as your arguement here:

[​IMG] https://pasteboard.co/zlkb6tHxpHhi.png
    eh, whatever. As dutiful trolls your first job is to know the truth and relevant facts so there's no need to even absorb this for y'all. GG's.
    [​IMG]

HardenReturns likes this.
  4. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

This isn't NBA 2K. Basketball IQ is more important. You guys worry too much about height.

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. We know Sengun is around town. Can a clutchfan with an extra long measuring tape go up to Sengun and politely ask him if it’s okay if we take a measurement. We want to know how big he really is. Inquiring minds want to know. Clutchfans tracked down Yao at his home, so I know we can find Sengun.

Measurement should be in bare feet.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

We need somebody who can do carpentry in his house.

7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

And Im not denying that. Im just saying the team played well, Sengun player good/respectful, as you said but if you look at the tweets and certain bloggers they are making it appear as though Alpi shut him down. Which was not the case.

And all Im saying in the playoffs, if they make it, individual matchups will be magnified.

8. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

Meh… tweets can be made by anyone and sports articles tend to sensationalize. Alpy played well and Jokic had to work extra hard to get his stats on a night his team was blown out. Again, super stars dont get shut down in the NBA. It is impossible; they are too good. It’s like saying Battier shut down Kobe. We know Kobe would still drop 40 plus but Battier did make Kobe work for his stats. That’s all…

hlmbasketball likes this.
  9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Again. KPJ is gone, Alpi is the dilemma at hand. I want him to be taller, I want him to play better defense, I want him to take 3pt shots and stop faking, I want him to dominate....it only makes MY Rockets better.

DaDakota likes this.
  10. sefril

sefril Member

And and and and and and

keep moving the goal posts, you’re not even trying to discuss anything

11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Sefril, Urkel, whoever fril, shouldn't you be in class by now? School started hours ago

12. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Says the guy that's been posting all morning lol man some of you are such oblivious clowns

dream2clips and HardenReturns like this.
  13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I don't attend school nor am I interrupting others conversations! I can post all day, cant you tell by now, its fun!

14. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Yes I can certainly tell you don't have much else going on lol

AroundTheWorld and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Some people here are retired or semi-retired....we aren't all young kids.

DD

hlmbasketball likes this.
  16. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

I'm well aware a lot of you live vicariously through this place. Just don't tell someone else to go to school when you've been here all day.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks

18. invocux

invocux Member

One thing size queens are missing is that Sengun is a big boy. Look at his childhood photos that mf was chubby af. If he was 2 inches taller he would be 20 pounds heavier. He would walk around somewhere around 270 pounds. He already is slow, has slow feet he would be even more slower and easier to guard. His spin moves would be predictable

What makes Sengun good is his angular speed in the paint. ω = θ /t or ω = v/r. The rate of change of displacement or the distance moved across arc of a circle is equal to radius times angle traversed. He is 6'11 but he can spin as fast as a 6'8 so if a 6'8 dude is guarding him like Paul George it doesn't become a huge problem for Sengun he can still outsmart, outpace that 6'8 dude. Remember that foul on Sengun in Clippers game. PG couldn't react in time. That was Sengun's unique angular speed (for a center) that caught PG off guard. Adding 2 extra inches on him is basically taking that valuable skill away from him. Remember that Hashimura-Sengun match up in the last season. Hashimura couldn't react in time either. He's 6'11 but has the angular speed is of a 6'7-6'8 guys so when you are guarding him you are not just guarding a center you are guarding a center that has guard qualities. He is slow yes but he isn't slow rotationally. You just be glad that there's an engineer on this damn forum can prove you that your center isn't slow.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Here you go:

[​IMG]

20. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Sengun just said he's 6'11 now on Podcast P

cmoak1982 likes this.