1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

You’d still make the trade. No one foresaw TMac declining the day he became a Rocket. And we all know what happened to Francis …

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If you cannot foresee TMAC . . . then we could not Foresee Francis
    I would contend the MOVE affected Francis more than anything
    His last season here . . . I saw great improvement .. . .the trade killed it

Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different
    IF we ship KPJ GREEN and BARI (Francis, Cat and Cato)
    for a new chucker . .. nothing will be different long term

Rocket River

3. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Who would be the TMac equivalent in this scenario? Luka? Pretty please?

4. i3artow i3aller

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LMAO!

Luka >> TMac
    Honestly . . . probably more like a Derozan/Conley/TRAI YOUNG or Derek Rose (at this point in his career)
    (I think Trai > TMAC)

Rocket River

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

It would appear ClutchFans has officially entered the SOF era!

cml750, Ankara1923, berkowsk and 4 others like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Depending on the guy, Tmac said Orlando nearly had a deal for Duncan during his rookie contract which was differently structured back then.

Duncan tought about it.

If you can get Duncan, that is very different.

Even Duncan with Orlando Mac that was going to be different.

8. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I believe Green still has the potential to be the Franchise Player, he has talent, and crazy athletic skills with the ball. Next year, he will average 25 points a game and the year after that he is average 30 points a game. If you average 30 points a game, you are considered an all-star player. All the players who are now average 30 points a game is a elite player. Green will be a elite player, he might not be the most efficient player (Jordan and Kobe was not efficient as well) but he is going to average 30 points a night two years from now, and nobody can stop him from doing that. He can shoot outside, mid-range, elite driving skills and being 6'6 he can rebound for points. He is going to be a STAR, maybe not the LEAD STAR, but a STAR. Sengun might be a STAR as well, with his elite passing, elite post up moves and elite handles for a Center. He is missing a outside shot and being better as a defender, BUT if Sabonis can be a solid defender in the league I know Sengun can. Sengun reminds me of Sabonis, but even better. In Sabonis 2nd year he was nowhere close to Sengun talent as Sengun is in his second year. The Rockets needs to build around Sengun, get a shot blocker at Power Forward and let Jabari play Small Forward so the Power Forward can protect Sengun (Wemby). Place KPJ as the 6th Man and find a point guard. I would not build around Jalen because this guy is a BUCKET and will be a 30 bucket every night within two years. Sengun needs to 30 plus minutes so we can work on his defense and outside shooting. Right now, it feels as Green and Sengun shares the future Franchise crown for the Rockets, but Green has a crazy ceiling, but Sengun is going to be a great player.

ilias and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ceiling is not a thing its just a thought
    eg imho sengun's ceiling is the best player of all time...yes he prolly want be that good but it wouldnt have surprised me at all ....because he just knows how to play, it comes easily and effortlessly to him, and all that this early, and despite being held back by the circumstances......

green is just a freak athlete...if he were to become the best in the league, now that would have surprised me a lot... not saying its impossible but i dont think so...then again its just a thought in my head and anything can happen...perhaps its because i saw a lot of athletic guys that went nowhere they just didnt have the slightest clue how to use it to get the baskets or defend ...didnt know how to create an advantage based on the physique and take advantage of it...didnt have the zest, the patience, didnt have the love, the dedication to detail, to nuance, nor persistence..they werent real bb players it was juts their job or parents put them to it when they were young to engage in some sports for the health benefit...

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

topfive and Ankara1923 like this.
  11. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Getting close. You can build around the budding chemistry between Sengun and Smith.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

snowconeman22 likes this.
  13. Radricky

Radricky Member

It's me
    Hi I'm sof lol

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

Yes you are,without you there wouldn't be an alperen sengun is our best player thread. As @Os Trigonum said I.D.I.O.T.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

19. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

Lol reading own tweet on this site feels weird