1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Refs took him out of the game with 3 bogus offensive fouls. Not much you can do from bench

clos4life likes this.
  2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

He will never be an all-star as long as Chet is playing like he’s been playing.

StroudAndYorDaddy likes this.
  3. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He took himself out the game and then comes in and gets the trash points once game is put away.. so he appeared to have a decent game offensively

tagedieb and 34to11 like this.
  4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Only time all game they guarded him 1 on 1. He can feast 1 on 1 teams won't let him operate anymore cus they know no one else on our team can do crap. And no those weren't offensive fouls. He didn't even move on that pick. Touch fouls considering they didn't call anything all game.

He generated soo many open threes before the game got out of hand only for us to miss.

HardenReturns likes this.
  5. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

We simply don’t have a chance to win when he takes the first half off. Teams have figured out how to guard him. Pack the paint and dare our bad shooters to punish them. He needs to bring his Turk Nowitzki shot back.

6. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

The Rockets went up 16 with him on the bench — he’s been in foul trouble the past month and if it’s not foul trouble it’s turnovers and missing bunnies…. Then when game out of hand he comes in and gets a few buckets and FTs

34to11 likes this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Alperen has irritated me beyond belief the last few weeks. Good lord is he in a funk...

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely false by the time he checked back in the fourth we were down 14. He had the best plus minus on team going into fourth so how they took a lead of 16 with him on bench?????

tagedieb likes this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I believe he is hurt.

HardenReturns and Patience like this.
  10. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

Dimwhit the Rockets biggest lead was 16 and it was when he was on bench - Amen Cam Holiday Green and Bari was in the game

11. Strawberry Gum

He's in a huuuge slump. Double teams are getting tighter, that's true, but he should deal with them better. Just kick it to the outside after a dribble or two. He did just that at the end and had a decent 4th quarter, creating several open looks for our other guys.

I hope that he will get better at the mental side of the game as he grows older.

Patience and JayGoogle like this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing this is why Udoka hasn't ripped him a new ******* in the press conferences.

I'd sit him, honestly.

tagedieb, HardenReturns and Patience like this.
  13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

lol that's not how this works. Because they didn't hold a 16 point lead when he checked back in. They got a 16 point lead and lost it all while he was on the bench so what's your point?

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Too early to have called him a future superstar, he showed flashes, is on his way but yeah this team as constructed is only competitive in home games.....

He is struggling for sure but so are the Rockets as a whole.

Patience and conquistador#11 like this.
  15. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

Rockets up 13 - Sengun subs back in
    Offensive foul - TO
    He’s picks his 3rd foul up after 1 minute
    He comes back Rockets up 8
    Has another TO
    We go into half up 5
    Start 3rd
    Another TO (4) - Rockets up 2
    1 minute later another TO (5)
    Rockets lose lead ..game over

Unlike you I don’t have to make excuses for him go read the play by play or watch the game

He’s sucked every since he started getting praise around league - he’s slower to make decisions, he’s playing more selfishly and he’s getting outworked by other centers in his match up

34to11 and Crashlanded19 like this.
  16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Alpi's next step to go from good player to star player is to be able to score despite being the focus of opposing defenses. And, I don't mean just kicking it to the open teammate. The greats all know sometimes you have to take over when your team can't buy a bucket.

One thing he can do is make his move faster. I see him almost waiting for the double to come sometimes.

17. conquistador#11

He knows bol.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. maypk

maypk Member

Clearly, he sucks for a month now, but the funny thing is you were here bullshitting how bad he is when the Rockets were a play-in team thanks to him playing on an all-star level as well.

So with all due respect, nobody gives a sh*t about what you think about him.

tagedieb and HardenReturns like this.
  19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Not making excuses for him. He hasn't been playing great but to say we were better without him today was just not true. From when he went to bench in 3rd to when he checked back in Rockets ran some of the worst offense I've seen and that's why we lost.

I was at the game watched the whole damn thing.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

I’ve never bullshitted on him, I stated things he could do better defensively … just like I say things Jalen and Bari and FVV can do better offensively and defensively

Problem is you only in your feelings about Alpi so whenever someone mentions him it holds more weight …

34to11 likes this.