1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Alperen is alive and well.

2. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

3. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

maypk likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Interesting comment since you guys have positioned poor Alpy alongside the GOATS of this game with your flawed apples to oranges comps. If anything YOU GUYS have set this guy up for criticism by doing him that disservice.

I can definitively say; without a shadow of a doubt; that Alperen Sengun will never become ANYTHING similar to Hakeem The Dream Olajuwon. You guys should focus more on the Pau Gasols and Domantas Sabonis' of the world which would make more sense and operate in the realm of reality.

ROXTXIA likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

and Jokic

He has his own unique strengths.

7. plegus

plegus Member

I did not say or imply it was not warrented, only stated it as a fact which is also in line with my history because I love Hakeem. But you had to go ahead and make sure to compare them yet again :)

Edit: I want to take this opportunity to tell you that I grew up watching Hardwood Classics and Hakkem has always been my favorite player along with MJ. Plus, altough I am very small and always played the point position, my basketball is directly influenced by Hakeem. Played dog on defense, played in the post on offense. Because he happens to play the most beautiful ISO basketball ever, to me. So yeah there is that.

I suggest you to differentiate opinion and facts before judging a person.

PS: This is a great example, how you do talk about Hakeem here :rolleyes:

#11927 plegus, Feb 9, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2024
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

There is and will be only one Dream. Even (warning: gratuitous namedrop approaching) Michael Jordan knew Dream was a monster. (I think he used that actual term.)

In the case of Alperen Sengun, we should be very happy if he matches up to the comparisons you draw. Which I think he will.

AroundTheWorld and TheJet like this.
  9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

What we need to do is just stop comparing at all. I hope Alperen Sengun becomes Alperen Sengun. Household name, talked about for years, loved by the fan base. I don't want him to be any of those guys. I want him to be himself. Just be one of the best Rockets to ever play.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

BINGO!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Which is I’ve said comp threads are weird.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

can't believe you left out DMo. reported.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

AroundTheWorld and Os Trigonum like this.
  14. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think there's two different things here and I think maybe you're misinterpreting the OP, though he can speak for himself.

1) Wow I'm watching Alperen Sengun and he's the greatest. He plays just like Hakeem Olajuwon. I see Hakeem when I watch Sengun.

2) I'm watching Alperen Sengun and that was some nice footwork. It's clear his 1 on 1 sessions over the summer with Hakeem Olajuwon paid off, I can see that influence in his game.

I THINK the post you quoted is saying #2. And I think you're assuming he is saying #1. Obviously #1 is crazy annoying sengunatic nonsense, and #2 is just acknowledging that those summer training sessions were useful. But regardless I think it's important to point out that these are two completely different statements, one is reasonable and one is annoying and ridiculous, so we should try to recognize the difference and recognize which one is being said.

15. sefril

sefril Member

The poster you’re replying to is member from 21 years ago.. i’m sure he’s as real as rockets fans as you are.. he just saying that the training does make Alpy capable of those quick move.. didn’t say that Alpy will be as good as Hakeem..

don’t be so sensitive and see the context..

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Senguns footwork is nowhere close to what Dreams footwork was lets be honest. Its romantic to think our favorite players will live up to franchise royalty and while its enticing to comp them a real ROX fan that witnessed Dreams greatness firsthand would know to stop short - they are worlds apart as players. If Sengun can develop a 3 point shot he could one day get close. Otherwise he is just a baby hook machine. 30% of Dreams shot diet came from the 10-16 foot range compared to .073 for Sengun.

17. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

The bar raising from 'Alperen cannot be an average defender' to 'Alperen will never become hakeem', priceless.

Good that haters 'he can't be that', 'he can't do that' statements has always turned out wrong. Keep raising the bar and at some point you'll be right. Alpi cannot be the mvp and go to the moon. how about that?

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Really? What was his original screen name? All I see is a guy who joined when Alpy was drafted.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Here I'll put it in all caps for you

ALPEREN SENGUN WILL NEVER EVER EVER BE ANYTHING CLOSE TO WHAT HAKEEM OLAJUWON WAS PARTICULARLY ON DEFENSE.

Should I go up a font size for you?

20. Ancient Moabite

I want Alpi/Green to give us more 30pt duo games after AS break, and start it early later on this eve