1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hardly any Franchise Players.....

And Ime Udoka is not a franchise coach but a very good one.

The franchise needs a better Franchise Owner and much better GM.......

HardenReturns likes this.
  2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I know people are mad right now but i think in 2-3 years a lineup of Amen, Cam, Tari, Bari, Sengun could be really good. Astros had Luhnow and the rockets sure as hell have nothing like him, but there's still a lot of optimism for me.

harold bingo and AroundTheWorld like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The problem is not that they are going to be good.....

Other young teams are going to be better just because their Front Office is more proactive and more engaging.....

The Grass is greener elsewhere is not because I want it to be that way, it is because the grass is really greener.

They are proactive and they are actually engaging with their fans, so I know information as a Non fan as well.

HardenReturns likes this.
  4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

That's just OKC really isn't it? Who else is there that has a brilliant FO

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol even the Pacers are making moves.

I never said Brilliance, I said Effort!

6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

That's a different conference, not relevant to the rockets. I'm also not a fan of the Pascal trade because that contract could easily become an albatross real quick

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, the Rockets are irrelevant and and have no albatross....

It is still going to be mediocre for years to come if nothing big happens.

Siakam generates excitement, that turns into fans spending money on the product.......

Haliburton generates excitement, that turns into more excitement....

Getting the All Star Game generates more importance to the City etc etc...

Achieving to be an In Season tournament Finalist generated Excitement for the fans and city.

If you are only interested in not overpaying someone, then that is the narrow minded window we are living right now.....and FVV is already massively overpaid.

8. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I consider the pacers irrelevant as well, and even more so with the trade they made

9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He shoulda comeback when they started hacking Claxton. Cuz we weren't playing defense anyways.

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Sleepwalking?

More like being directed to get worse players on the team going at the detriment to the team.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is why they made the moves they made .... The Rockets have no idea what they even have....

Let's take Wemby......

You know from the start he is going to be the Face of the NBA.....it is clear as day......

That is why franchise players give you a Clear picture....everything clears up as a bright sky.

Every follow up move becomes clear because the path is clear.

12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

well ya, most of the rockets guys are super young, there's no way to know what we have. I would have been livid if we made a trade like the trade indy made though, no thanks

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If he's going to "sleep-walk," he may as well take Ambien when he's about to go to bed, helpless to sleep. Sure, he may still sleep-walk, but at least he won't be awake while doing so.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol, that is why I love fans who do not have any insights other than their own team, and not even the clearest picture of their own team....

Life is not a one trick pony.....

Indy made moves that makes them relevant, Haliburton will make them relevant.

He is the new Harden and Curry......better recognize it, breh.

Well, Harden never made it out of the 3rd Round in Houston either but he impacted the Franchise in more than one way.

15. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Oh he's incredible for sure, that's why i wouldn't want to saddle him with an albatross like pascal

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, we know the fundamental flaws of both.....

Amen cannot shoot.

Cameron cannot pass or has tunnel vision......those are limited by it.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is not going to be an albatross if they structure it and he can be bought out.....or stretched.

You are way overthinking on that part, there are a lot of ways to get rid of a player now.....

The Rockets did it with John Wall, Pascal is a way more productive player but he can be let go in due time.

18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

huh? you think he's taking a discount? he's getting a max or really damn close to it

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

I’m still allin on Udoka but no one ever said he (or anyone) is perfect. Celtics fans complained about rotations before they took off in the second half of the season. Udoka’s real value is instilling a defensive mindset, getting the guys to buy in, and getting the ball into the right guy’s hands (Sengun) which he has done all season. In hindsight should he have put Sengun back in during hack a Claxton? Sure. Would it have been better to have Sengun in the game vs a step back three from Tate? Sure. Players have bad games, coaches make mistakes, on the whole I’m still very happy with Udoka.

#11459 CXbby, Jan 27, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope, I said any big contract can be nullified though......to an extent that it does not impede the roster.....

It is just money owned to the player himself......the owner has to pony up...