1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Umut

Umut Member

2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Who’s the best player Rockets ever let go after rookie contract or traded after 2 full years? So not someone who surprisingly become good. Who’s the best we’ve ever knowingly let go with this chance that he’d go from good to elite? Just curious for those with better memories.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

One, this is just flat out stupid. Two, it’s a fireable offense, the type to set franchises back decades

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Sengun is not only a lock to get max money at this point, he is a lock to sign that contract in a matter of months.

AroundTheWorld and cml750 like this.
  5. maypk

maypk Member

If my memory serves me right, Dave said the Rockets FO doesn't view Alpi so highly about a week ago on RW.

harold bingo likes this.
  6. clos4life

clos4life Member

I don't care how much they pay him. I'm just hoping they're not stupid enough to botch future negotiations and have some other team swoop in and take him. Not likely with restricted free agency, but this is the same FO that prioritized KPJ as the future like the idiots they are.

7. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I think the question than would be 'who does the rockets fo view highly?' It is pointless to repeat that they don't view Alpi so highly. It is just a negative comment about alpi, without trying to address the real answer. I don't watch the rw, maybe they did address this but in the couple times I watched this is always brought up as something about alpi, where in fact this is about the rockets' future.

clos4life and HardenReturns like this.
  8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Also, this is the same FO that invested tons of time and money into Kevin Porter Jr., and they wiill do the same with Jalen Green. Rafael Stone is an idiot. Honestly, thinking the opposite of what the Rockets FO thinks is a pretty solid bet at this point. Dave has always been an Anti-Sengun guy as well.

9. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

In addition, if you are talking about how fo views sengun, and particularly it is not as positive as the general sentiment among fans and the nba, you should also tell your opinion about it. You can't just say, this is what fo thinks.

As far as rafael stone goes, I hope at some point we'll learn from internal sources how the kpj experiment started and went on the way it went. I am sure it makes top 5 absolutely the worst management practices in nba history.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

If so, I don't view the Rockets FO highly.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Same FO that creamed for KPJ and JG? I smell a mass firing.

This might have been the case a year ago, but I highly doubt that it is the case now. I bet Tilman is up in that booty about why Bruno Fernando was pushed so hard.

#11371 RudyTBag, Jan 27, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
    HardenReturns likes this.
  12. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What does this mean? What is drive points percent?

13. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Impossible for the rockets to lose Sengun unless they trade him, that's the only way he could off the Rockets in the next 5 years

harold bingo likes this.
  14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Sengun
    Smith
    Tari
    Cam/Reed Sheppard
    Amen

2025-2026 top 6

15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Really? Can you elaborate? They can lowball him and he has to stay even if he could get more money from another team? I don’t know how any of this stuff works.

16. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Doesn't matter, rockets can match any deal and the min a team can offer in RFA is 3 years, so no matter what Sengun is a rocket for that time. There is no scenario where Sengun could leave before i believe 4 years after this one as far as i know

harold bingo likes this.
  17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

All I know is when Fred hits him with a pass when his is already driving he always scores.

18. Sengun

Sengun Member

Dude can't be a real franchise player because he's a coward. When he gets the ball, his first job is to look for someone to pass the ball to.

My nickname is Sengun but I don't believe him anymore. Although he is talented, he is not selfish and fearless enough to be a franchise player.

I expect a franchise player to look at the basket when he gets the ball, just like Doncic, Embiid and others do.

Even though Green has been inconsistent, he shows promise to be more of a franchise player.

19. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

It's hard to be a franchise player if you're not a threat from the perimeter. I don't doubt eventually he'll be respectable but as of right now, he still has some ways to go. I wish he was more assertive.

20. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

lol Green shows no promise

Denovo and Downtown Sniper like this.