1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Morey couldn't kiss Fertits' ass and engineered an exit. Stone out here all brown nosed and making some questionable decisions. Only time he hits is in obvious decisions such as hiring Udoka and getting good vets by opening up the bank to them. I believe if not for Witnus this team would be in shambles.

2. plegus

plegus Member

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Something feel's off with this one...
    Perhaps one of the three Aliens that showed up at the Miami Mall??? o_O

Go Rockets!!!

DeBeards and cml750 like this.
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. Lathander

Lathander Member

I think some people here with double digit IQs don't understand what I mean.
    If I see people who expect Alpi to average over 30 points at his age and want him to play a savior role for the team, I will copy/paste that article. Because such things will not happen until Alpi is 25-26 years old. No need to force Sengun now. His body is not suitable yet. Facts.

#11045 Lathander, Jan 17, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
  6. AmenTheSuperstar

Recently, there seems to be a noticeable change in his approach, and it is my hope that he will become more assertive. While I am unsure if the strategic intent was for him to increase his passing frequency, his lack of aggressiveness and energetic play is challenging the team dynamic.

clos4life likes this.
  7. clos4life

clos4life Member

It feels like his team mates are not involving him as much after he won player of the week. It's weird and I wonder if jealousy is a factor.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

When you are losing, everything becomes bleak and darker.....

clos4life likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

should we consider trading the shenj?

harold bingo likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

clos4life and Jontro like this.
  11. Gergin

Gergin Member

I feel like Alpi is expected to deliver franchise player performance without officially holding that title. In fact it seems like a game time decision who the franchise player of the night is. There is a reason why the franchise player thing became a meme on GARM.But this won't work. You have to commit to a franchise player (or let's say best player).

The Knicks are actually a good example. Randle had a historically bad start in the season, yet he remained their franchise player and now they are one of the better teams of the season.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It spawns so many threads because there is no clear one....Alpe is on his way but who knows bumps and bruises.

The Knicks are a pretender team but they have tough minded players now.......

It is weird that the Knicks thought they got better with trading for Anunoby and then Pacers ended up with Siakam, and the Raptors are laughing.....their bottoms off.

I think the Raptors are secretly hating the Knicks.

tagedieb likes this.
  13. AmenTheSuperstar

I never thought jealousy would be a thing among teammates. It's worth thinking about.

All players should perform the given tasks and bring success to our team. Getting the Rockets to at least play in should be the top priority for all players and coaching staff.

clos4life likes this.
  14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Alpi is scared. I think he is good but and this is a major but, Nikki Minaj size, I think his style of play slows down the Rockets, which leads to a lack of identity.

Ask yourself, what is the Rockets identity?? Before they were a 3pt shooting team, we're now 35 - 40 games in and I still don't know their identity.

Cam, Jabari, Jalen, Amen, Jeff, Brooks and Tari wants to run but Sengun and FVV wants to slow it down....BIG PROBLEM

17. Holybats

Holybats Member

18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Unfortunately, Alpi has not looked like an allstar for several games. He’s missing a lot of easy shots and suddenly looks indecisive and not confident.

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Sengun is clearly on a all-star trajectory at a minimum. Imagine by this time in the year he is feeling the fatigue of his increased role a little. he generates offense so easily, and it will be so replicable as he goes the next few years.

we really need better offensive movement and design around him to take advantage of his passing ability.

The future of

Sengun
    Smith

Whitmore
    Amen

really just needs a fifth man complete the lineup. This needs to be a small forward that rebounds relatively well and is a sniper.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member