1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah...see the problem is, you won't find many real "franchise players" on the worst team in the league. A legitimate franchise caliber player is good enough to where their team wins enough games even accidentally, to be better than that.

Now maybe Sengun develops into that one day, anything is possible, but right now I don't see him being that.

The best player on the team? Of course, but franchise player? Not quite.

NewAge likes this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Re-posting it because you apparently missed it the first time:

upload_2023-2-7_11-37-53.png

hakeem94 and cml750 like this.
  3. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

My comment is not a like/dislike comment or approve/disapprove. Don’t know about Silas jokes but I read stuff from her that I found unacceptable for sure.

I was just stating the fact that a lot of things that she said sounded too far fetched even for Sengunatics and they turned out to be closer to the actual outcome.

NewAge likes this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Delusional people aren't always wrong. That doesn't make them sane. :D

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what you saying imho is i want he first he prove it to me and that is ok

but bear in mind future is always uncertain even if some player 'proves' something it doesnt mean hell be able to repeat it time and again

its just that he proved it to me already because i have a better vision and can strip the player of the circumstances...(or perhaps I am more naive lol)

i dont even care what you call him, franchise or branchise or just a player this is basically a semantics debate

but imho you blaming sengun basically for his circumstances... not many players would be able to win many games if their coach restrict them to playing 15 minutes a night LOL

give me the list of your franchise players and i bet you any money alperen is a better player than half of them and would beat them in game of 1 vs 1

now alperens biggest flaw as a player may be he is young or has no authority or connections like harden or steph so stephen silas would bow before him, give him PT or organize team around him so that he may stat pad or get some wins to prove it to you he is the franchise

i dont need wins for sengun to prove me he is one of the best already...his play speaks volumes

he can do what the best are already doing and the best wouldn't fare much better than him if given the same treatment from refs , teammates and his coach

we also get some bits and pieces of info form other independent 'experts'

all i needed to see is the refs had to intervene to prevent him beating jokic a month a ago going head to head and silas had to put him on the bench to avoid alpi beating full strength bucks and giannis last year... this also speak volumes

this speaks more to me than empty wins on not the worst club in nba

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You’ve got this wrong. A franchise player is a player that a team builds around. Bradley Beal is a franchise player, Paul George was a franchise player, Deron Williams was a franchise player.

the only thing you need to be a franchise player is make an all star team. Sengun has that potential.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and sengun is better than all these dudes and its not even close...hes a magic johnson and larry bird incarnate for these mediocre ballers

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If that is the case than Green is a franchise player? He's having a better first and second year than Beal.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'd raise the bar a little higher. A franchise player is a player a team builds around that can compete for a championship. This last part is important at least from the team's perspective. Why do you want to build around player who has no hope of leading you to a championship run?

Guys like Beal and George aren't franchise level players because if he's the one you build around, you have no chance of winning a championship. You don't have to be a top 5 player to be a franchise player. But you do need to be good enough to have a team built around you and win a chip.

harold bingo and Denovo like this.
  10. NewAge

NewAge Member

in general, I haven’t seen any delusional people on Internet sports forums.

I have only seen well reasoned and sober analysis showing that:
    J.Green=MJ/Kobe
    Tari Eason=Kawhi
    Alperen=Jokic
    Garuba=Draymond
    Jaygup=Kyle Lowry but better
    Jabari=KD

Full disclosure: I myself may or may not have contributed some of these, we’ll never know…

Easy likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

give us the list of your franchise players

btw if harden is the franchise player then sengun is because hes already better than him...AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE

people keep being fooled by silas...imagine any of your franchise players playing 15 minutes a game...you wouldnt have recognized them... and even that game alpi statpaded like crazy!

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

way to put sengun down.. sengun is nearer to jokic than any of these guys to the players they were compared to

in his rookie year alperen sengun was already better at drawing fouls than jokic in his MVP years

he featured FTr that is greater than both Jokics career average and his career peak FTr

TAKE THAT FOR DATA

13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Sengun's minutes have expanded recently. In the past 15 games he's averaging 18/9/6 on 60% shooting from the field. He's putting up Domantas Sabonis type numbers at 20 years old, which is encouraging. Offensively he looks like the complete package.

Franchise player, cornerstone, building block or whatever term people want to argue semantics over seems irrelevant. This is at least one pick that the team absolutely nailed.

hakeem94, NewAge and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

LOL look at what was expected from the season instead we are now in the Alperen Sengun is the franchise Thread!

15. TimDuncanDonaut

More essay videos from people.

Guy pronounces Alpe's name funny; but his heart is in the right place. :p

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Summer league Alpi with the defense!

DORIS BURKE LOVES HIS DEFENSIVE INSTINCTS!

17. MystikArkitect

Is Draymond Green a franchise player? Klay? Because without them GSW has no hope of winning a title. Doesn't matter how good Steph is.

Every contender had 2-3 franchise players on the team.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. maj21

maj21 Member

Franchise player and we’re 13-41. Luckily the rockets don’t feel that way and will hopefully get that guy this offseason. Y’all can keep dreaming that this team is gonna build around Sengun lol

19. maj21

maj21 Member

No they’re not at all. Klay is the robin to Steph. Dray is that elite glue guy that’s a piece around the franchise player, which is Steph Curry.

harold bingo likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No, they are definitely not franchise players. You don't build a team around those guys. If you did, you wouldn't go anywhere.

These players are very good. Every franchise player needs those guys to win it all. You don't automatically contend for a championship by having a franchise player. You need to build around him with good pieces like them.

harold bingo likes this.