1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

Even though Silas and much of the Rockets front office have done absolutely nothing in terms of helping Alperen reach his potential... it's good to know that he has Hakeem Olajuwon coaching him up and always available as a resource. No better big man to learn from than the Dream, and despite the lack of any sort of support from Silas, I still believe there is no better substitute than learning from Dream on a daily basis. I'm sure Alpe knows this is a one of a kind opportunity that he wouldn't get on any other NBA team. Dream has gotta be happy as well - Alpe already has those spin moves down pat and the aptitude to really start adding onto some of his go-to moves.

2. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I am a great fan of Hakeem, he is my all time great together with Oscar Schmidt of Brazil.

I liked a lot Sengun-Hakeem training but it was wrongly attributed to Sengun's foot work. Hakeem mainly taught him ball handling and kind a way fade-away. I'll be more than glad if they co-operate again, especially about mid-range shooting, fade-aways and mental part of the business. Let's us the Hakeem to make him a Jokic-Hakeem hybrid, may be not as good as any of them but a unique mix.

3. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What does getting called for a charge have to do with efficient passing?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

didnt watch the game but he put a monster statline in 15 minutes for a checked out guy...juts goes to prove how insanely good he is!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

offensive genius who plays his best player 15 minutes LOL
    its like he's doing the stupidest and weirdest **** now only to look totally intelligible in order to keep the reputation of the mad genus!

i also remember when he played alpi only 6 minutes once because daniel theis was hot! LOL
    and where is daniel theis now? is he even in the league? LOL

RasaqBoi and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

if anything this franchise player can statpad and produce highlights with the best of them
    take this for data alpi doubters!

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i just watched the highlights of kings game and boy there will be a lot to add to this thread

Our franchise guy is a pure and genuine Point God.
    ps
    lol save that one possession where he lost control of the ball LOL

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Story of the season

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

So, any of you Sengun Club minions actually want to provide a definition of "Franchise Player"?

One common understanding is that a franchise player is someone who has the potential to be a top 5 player in the league, lead a team to the playoffs repeatedly single handedly, and be their teams MVP in the playoffs perennially. Franchise player is a higher bar than hall of fame player. It's a higher bar than superstar. It's a literal inseperable franchise cornerstone. Hakeem Olajuwon was a franchise player. Dirk. Duncan.

This is an established definition even in EA sports video games. Elite players are rated 87-92 or so, franchise players are 93+, and there are usually only 2-5 in the games.

Given that definition, you guys are way too manic on Sengun. And the more time that goes by without you being able to admit anything negative about him, the more resistance you're going to get for your takes.

Verbal Christ and hakeem94 like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The highlights are flashy, but they don't tell the entire story.

You could also put together a video of him getting smoked on defense over and over again last night... and that wouldn't tell the full story either.

Right now Sengun is objectively the best player on the team, but he's not a franchise caliber player, he needs help. I'd like to see a few weeks of KPJ and Sengun running things together with Jalen and Jabari out, replaced by KJ and Tari.... just to see if I'm right about what and who is dragging the team down.

17. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

He shows flashes of Luka type of control (yes much less but also with 10 years less of training and opportunity) and this is one of them.

@hakeem94’s being called delusional constantly and his projections about Sengun turning out to be the best is one of the rare fun things this season. Props to him for believing in Sengun more than any of us.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I had him on ignore for a while. Has he apologized about making dead Silas jokes?

Your post here makes you sound delusional more than you think. I don't think the vast majority of posters even those who appreciate Sengun like that poster. They think he or she is toxic as ****.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

circumstances bro circumstances and context
    if harden jokic luka steph is the franchise type of player, then alperen sengun is the one as well...

they get smoked on a daily basis and cant imagine how bad they would have looked under silas in rockets defensive system and if ball is taken from their hands

if jalen is doing what alpi does ever game now effortlessly yall would be adoring him as better than michael jordan

alperen sengun suffocated embiid when he played him even in the clutch, and embiied roasted nikola last time they played